|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2001-04-25, 14:51
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
China-Taiwan-US
http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/04/24/bush.taiwan.abc/index.html
Some strong words from Bush about defending Taiwan. I like this guy.
We going to war or will China rethink it's policies towards such a renegade province?
I bet they back down and we see another massive cold war.
|
|
#2
 2001-04-25, 15:24
|
Rob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
I wouldn't count on a cold war. China is far less likely to back down than Russia was, as it goes against the eastern ethics of 'saving face' (One of the reasons viet-nam and Korea toook so long to end)
------------------ Sic biscuitus disintegrat! (That's the way the cookie crumbles!)
|
|
#3
 2001-04-25, 17:55
|
othium 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
I'm cheering for china.
and I wish north korea won,
and it would have been awsome to have seen vietnam totally destroed.
and maybe in world war 2 hitler could have been a better leader and at least germany could still control europe.
but I'm just a dreamer.
or are those nightmares?
------------------ cogito, ergo sum
|
|
#4
 2001-04-25, 18:47
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
Real war or cold war?
Lose-lose.
|
|
#5
 2001-04-25, 20:20
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
I like bush but he is starting to look more and more like a war monger to me.
|
|
#6
 2001-04-25, 23:49
|
Poindexter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
quote: Originally posted by White Witch: I like bush but he is starting to look more and more like a war monger to me.
Shut up, White BITCH! OIC, that is so apparent like the way he handled the Chinese!! We still haven't gotten our plane back you know. You look to me as stupid.
|
|
#7
 2001-04-26, 00:59
|
j0662 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
bush is the perfect american president
Thick, rich, against compramise, only looking out for america (keotoe agreement), and hes not afraid to start a war.
what more could u ask for
excuse the spelling
|
|
#8
 2001-04-26, 02:33
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
I totally agree.
Othium my dad is a well decorated retired US Marine. Fuck you. Go tell that to a vet and see what happens you ungrateful piece of shit.
Men died there because they thought they were fighting for freedom. They would have died for anyone of us, even you. How dare you wish upon them that more would've died.
|
|
#9
 2001-04-26, 04:07
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
If your dad's a Marine, then how can you totally agree with a statement that includes Bush is a good President because he's not afraid to start a war? You want a leader who doesn't mind seeing our soldiers die? I doubt it. War should ALWAYS be a last resort, and Bush is not coming across as the kind of guy who will exhaust all other avenues of problem-solving first.
|
|
#10
 2001-04-26, 05:03
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
othium. If hitler was still around you probably wouldn't be able to be typing on this godamn board right now, ungrateful little asshole. Do you have any comprehension of hitlers plans for the world?
Better yet, why don't you wish that stalin actually got what he was aiming for, after all at least we'd be safe...
*spits*
|
|
#11
 2001-04-26, 05:14
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
LOL
Military personnel love people who don't take shit and Bush is pro military. I don't like seeing people go to war, no way. But I don't like a piss ant pussy leader either I'm also willing to bet that 90% of the military is Pro-Bush, as they were to his father, and as they were to Reagan. The reason being is that the military get's better budgets, which means better equipment, less accidents, better pay, better housing. The only military personnel that really want war are those fresh out of boot or ACT or the generals that have lived their lives to be a war hero. Those in between will do it and do it well, because it is their job. Whether or not they like it, is a different story.
So my reasoning is that I like a president who behaves as a military personnel. If someone gives you shit, give it back, stand up for what you believe in, and be gun ho about it. No I don't love fighting, but if someone fucks with me I'm not gonna take it up the ass. And I expect the same of our leaders.
Do you think China will look for problem solving? China is like Nazi Germany wanting to take over sovereign nations and expecting the world to be ok with it. If we let them have Taiwan, will it stop there? Probably not, so stop it now, by any means. Otherwise we have WW2 all over again, except this time everybody has nukes. Why let it escalate to that when it could be stopped by arming a nation and a show of force? Somethings gonna give and if a war should break out I bet less will have to die now, then later on.
Bush will not attack China, he only said that he's not afraid to confront them, and he flexed some muscle. It's called intimidation and that works better than anything a diplomat has ever done.
|
|
#12
 2001-04-26, 06:29
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
quote: Originally posted by Poindexter: Shut up, White [b]BITCH! OIC, that is so apparent like the way he handled the Chinese!! We still haven't gotten our plane back you know.
?
is this a game you people play with each other or am i supposed to take this seriouslly?
I dont even know you and you say this to me. Do you walk around screaming in peoples faces in public or do you have to do it on the internet because you are a geek with no life and no girlfriend (or whatever)
I suggest some prozac or zoloft.
You look to me as stupid.[/B]
|
|
#13
 2001-04-26, 07:23
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
quote: Originally posted by Spiffy McBang: If your dad's a Marine, then how can you totally agree with a statement that includes Bush is a good President because he's not afraid to start a war? You want a leader who doesn't mind seeing our soldiers die? I doubt it. War should ALWAYS be a last resort, and Bush is not coming across as the kind of guy who will exhaust all other avenues of problem-solving first.
HAHAHAHAHA A good leader is what we want, not necessarily one that starts wars. lol!!!
|
|
#14
 2001-04-26, 14:42
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: China-Taiwan-US
About the plane. Who cares, I think we are bitching just to see if we do get it back, w/out actually expecting it. Russia I believe has only every returned one plane (out of dozens they've had), and they did so in pieces. We have done the same thing Russian and probably more.
I don't remember hearing about the US bitching about getting it's planes back befoe. So maybe we figured we'd try. There is nothing wrong with asking, but it's a request I don't think we expect to happen.
We wouldn't give back their plane if the situation was reversed and you know China would throw a fit as well. So what the hell. The important thing is that we got the crew back and with that I think we should all be happy, lettem have the damn plane. We have more and even better aircraft.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|