About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-24, 22:46
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default hate

do you feel the way you hate or do you hate the way you feel?

I still haven't desided.

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #2 
Old 2001-04-24, 22:59
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

Same here m8 I havent decided but its a good question and thought provoking nevertheless.
 #3 
Old 2001-04-24, 23:33
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

i choose c: all of the above
 #4 
Old 2001-04-25, 04:08
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

Well the first part of the Q: is a bit redundant. Obvious you feel hate in order to hate. so I would say yes to A:

B: just depends on the individual. I do feel a sense of guilt at times when i hate people for doing stupid shit. So im guessing it depends on the mood more then the individuals so I will have to retract "Depends on Individual" and say it depends on the persons mood. Today i may feel guilty but tommorow i may not.

and now i must ask if the long standing question...

How much wood can a chipmunk chip if a chipmunk could umm.

How much chip a wood no wait thats not it.

I'll get back to you on this.
 #5 
Old 2001-04-25, 04:47
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

I gave the question more credit than that as when I read it "feel the way you hate" implies more than one form of hate and sets hate as the driving force possibly on a different/lower? level than the feeling.

The antithesis is that feelings drive the hate making hate less instinctive and more controlled but feelings. The intuitive answer I belive to be B but it is interesting to play with the idea of hate being more vital or a lower level process than feelings.

Or I'm I over complicating things?

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #6 
Old 2001-04-25, 06:45
rangeviper rangeviper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

white witch... you mean "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"? (and maybe you were just playing around and really knew this: in that case, sorry for treading on this sacred ground).

------------------
...ever since, I've been The Champ.
 #7 
Old 2001-04-27, 02:41
PcThUg2ooo PcThUg2ooo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

Hate..
hate the way you look
hate the way you feel
hate the way you think.

.44 + u = fix.
 #8 
Old 2001-04-27, 06:37
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

quote:
Originally posted by rangeviper:
white witch... you mean "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"? (and maybe you were just playing around and really knew this: in that case, sorry for treading on this sacred ground).




Now i was just being silly

Hate is an emotion caused by a chemical reaction in the brain that makes you kill and then another emotion takes over as your chemistry changes and its called Guilt then maybe sadness then maybe happyness then maybe you sleep and the cops kick your door in to arrest you then you feel alone in your cell and finally you find a few socks to tie together and end your pathetic existance.

Guys im kidding. this Question is really to deep for me to answer.. im not sure there is a single answer for this.

 #9 
Old 2001-04-27, 17:51
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hate

I've been hatefull for years, I don't know much about it's origins, but it's there.

There are few people I would actually say I hate. Well I take that back, on a personal level there a few people I'd say I hate. But many world leaders that I'd love to kill personally. In fact it's about all of them.

I also hate situations we're in now, and the events that got us there. I also hate the "in" crowd who so blindly live their lives, not really ever knowing what is really going on. I hate them for not waking up to many knocks.

Typically I'm always pissed, good days are when I don't think or watch the news.

What eases me is hard work, and of course the deepest darkest forest or stream and my dog. Sex doesn't last long enough or it seems to end to quickly. I often don't feel rested after sex as some say. Not like I do when away from society for even an hour. Hell 15min of being in the woods is better to me than a night of sex. I thinks it's cause I feel liable to please the girl so I do my damnedest to make sure I do, I like it yes, but for that time I can't bring myself to be selfish. In the woods while hiking, hunting, or fishing, it's just me (usually my dog, and typically a buddy), and while I'm there I can do one thing I can't do anywhere else. I can actually sleep, I mean good sleep. Not a nightly nap where I wake up still feeling tired and pissed that it's a new day for new bad things to happen. I actually wake up and feel like, I'm really awake and wanting to see what lay over the next ridge. No matter what it is, I can hack it. And I actually feel good about the world, because such a place does remain.

[This message has been edited by The Real (edited 04-27-2001).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics