About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-24, 13:38
Perpchuw Perpchuw is offline
Regular
 
Default Weird dreams

Can the huge beer barrel of wisdom that is &TOTSE help me with this one??

Last night I fell asleep at around 11:30pm. I then proceeded to have what felt to me like a full nights worth of very vivid & very realistic dreams (i often have vivid dreams and usually remember them when I wake up in the morning).

One of the dreams I had freaked me out so much I woke up feeling really on edge...I dreamt that there was someone in my room trying to suffocate me!!

Ok...now to the point of all this...It was only 12:15am when I woke from this dream yet I felt like Id been asleep for a lot longer than 45 mins. Also, I felt wide awake & couldn't get back to sleep until 6am this morning.

What happened??
 #2 
Old 2001-04-24, 14:37
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

Erm. Someone came into your room and tried to suffocate you?

aparently, when starved of oxygen, the brain loses all concept of time, so maybe it wasn't a dream!
 #3 
Old 2001-04-24, 23:28
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

drugs are bad, mmmmkay?
 #4 
Old 2001-04-25, 20:28
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

quote:
Originally posted by Perpchuw:
Can the huge beer barrel of wisdom that is &TOTSE help me with this one??

Last night I fell asleep at around 11:30pm. I then proceeded to have what felt to me like a full nights worth of very vivid & very realistic dreams (i often have vivid dreams and usually remember them when I wake up in the morning).

One of the dreams I had freaked me out so much I woke up feeling really on edge...I dreamt that there was someone in my room trying to suffocate me!!


What happened??



Depends. There is something called "Sleep Paralysis" I recall reading about it on here somewhere.

Did you have visions of an old lady sitting on yer chest?

Did you see aliens come in the room and try to manipulate your anal cavity?

did you feel like you were slipping out of your body or the sensation of falling 20 storys and when you hit the ground you body jerked in bed feeling the sensation you were bouncing right off of it.

last are you overweight and do you snore? This is called sleep apnea and usually goes with sleep paralysis and you truely maybe be having a hard time breathing when you sleep. There is a flap near the back of your throat that closes up when you sleep and depribes you off air that is in fact hard on the heart.

Go talk to a doctor not the members of TOTSE>
 #5 
Old 2001-04-25, 23:39
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

Down with White Witch!
 #6 
Old 2001-04-26, 03:47
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

burn her!

ok ill go
 #7 
Old 2001-04-26, 03:56
VREK VREK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

Before we burn here we have to quote great historical text(If you know what the movie post your guess in a reply):

CROWD: A witch! A witch!
[bonk]
A witch! A witch!
MONKS: [chanting] Pie Iesu domine...
CROWD: A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've found a witch!
A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch!
A witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! We've found a witch! We've
found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch!
VILLAGER #1: We have found a witch. May we burn her?
CROWD: Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!
BEDEVERE: How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2: She looks like one.
CROWD: Right! Yeah! Yeah!
BEDEVERE: Bring her forward.
WITCH: I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.
BEDEVERE: Uh, but you are dressed as one.
WITCH: They dressed me up like this.
CROWD: Augh, we didn't! We didn't...
WITCH: And this isn't my nose. It's a false one.
BEDEVERE: Well?
VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.
BEDEVERE: The nose?
VILLAGER #1: And the hat, but she is a witch!
VILLAGER #2: Yeah!
CROWD: We burn her! Right! Yeaaah! Yeaah!
BEDEVERE: Did you dress her up like this?
VILLAGER #1: No!
VILLAGER #2 and 3: No. No.
VILLAGER #2: No.
VILLAGER #1: No.
VILLAGERS #2 and #3: No.
VILLAGER #1: Yes.
VILLAGER #2: Yes.
VILLAGER #1: Yes. Yeah, a bit.
VILLAGER #3: A bit.
VILLAGERS #1 and #2: A bit.
VILLAGER #3: A bit.
VILLAGER #1: She has got a wart.
RANDOM: [cough]
BEDEVERE: What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEVERE: A newt?
VILLAGER #3: I got better.
VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!
VILLAGER #1: Burn!
CROWD: Burn her! Burn! Burn her!...
BEDEVERE: Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether
she is a witch.
VILLAGER #1: Are there?
VILLAGER #2: Ah?
VILLAGER #1: What are they?
CROWD: Tell us! Tell us!...
BEDEVERE: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
VILLAGER #2: Burn!
VILLAGER #1: Burn!
CROWD: Burn! Burn them up! Burn!...
BEDEVERE: And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1: More witches!
VILLAGER #3: Shh!
VILLAGER #2: Wood!
BEDEVERE: So, why do witches burn?
[pause]
VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of... wood?
BEDEVERE: Good! Heh heh.
CROWD: Oh, yeah. Oh.
BEDEVERE: So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?
VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEVERE: Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #1: Oh, yeah.
RANDOM: Oh, yeah. True. Uhh...
BEDEVERE: Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1: No. No.
VILLAGER #2: No, it floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!
CROWD: The pond! Throw her into the pond!
BEDEVERE: What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1: Bread!
VILLAGER #2: Apples!
VILLAGER #3: Uh, very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1: Cider!
VILLAGER #2: Uh, gra-- gravy!
VILLAGER #1: Cherries!
VILLAGER #2: Mud!
VILLAGER #3: Uh, churches! Churches!
VILLAGER #2: Lead! Lead!
ARTHUR: A duck!
CROWD: Oooh.
BEDEVERE: Exactly. So, logically...
VILLAGER #1: If... she... weighs... the same as a duck,... she's made of
wood.
BEDEVERE: And therefore?
VILLAGER #2: A witch!
VILLAGER #1: A witch!
CROWD: A witch! A witch!...
VILLAGER #4: Here is a duck. Use this duck.
[quack quack quack]
BEDEVERE: Very good. We shall use my largest scales.
CROWD: Ohh! Ohh! Burn the witch! Burn the witch! Burn her! Burn her!
Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Ahh! Ahh...
BEDEVERE: Right. Remove the supports!
[whop]
[clunk]
[creak]
CROWD: A witch! A witch! A witch!
WITCH: It's a fair cop.
VILLAGER #3: Burn her!
CROWD: Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn! Burn!...
BEDEVERE: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
ARTHUR: I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
 #8 
Old 2001-04-26, 06:40
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

"If the duck floats then it is a witch"
 #9 
Old 2001-04-26, 08:49
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

although dreams take place in the subconscious, or so we are led to believe.

your body still interprets them as real events, which is why you wake with a hard on, sweating, or however,

in the instance of being choked one would expect some adrenaline to be released into the body, the bodies natural equivalent to coke and crank.

to further evidence for my time has no meaning theory except for placing events on a map,

all scientists doing dream research have come to the conclusion that a dream lasts for only seconds, yet you can "live" several days within one dream.

this is why you woke up like you did, and why you couldn't get back to sleep, and why so little time passed.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-26, 12:47
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

What is Monty Python and the holy grail, Alex. I'll take english comedies for 400.

I fart in your general direction!
 #11 
Old 2001-04-26, 13:14
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

quote:
Originally posted by Redrover:
What is Monty Python and the holy grail, Alex. I'll take english comedies for 400.

I fart in your general direction!



I was going to say that.
Signed Brave Sir Robin (Chickening Out and Buggering Off)(Oooh, I never Did)


 #12 
Old 2001-04-26, 14:43
NuGGeT NuGGeT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

that stuff sometimes happens to me in the morring no beeing killed but like u go to sleep wake up like 20 mim later and it feels like ages.

btw in dreams, is this the same with you people? when ya go to punch someone, ya swining ya arm but its going as slow as a snail and when ya punch them it does sweet fuck all??? but when the hit u it always gets ya hard and fast.... oh and when ya run u dont move u just stay still!!!! is this just me ????

------------------
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
 #13 
Old 2001-04-27, 06:09
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

You know what really sucks, is when you punch your wife or girlfriend in bed while you're having one of these dreams.
 #14 
Old 2001-04-27, 12:59
NuGGeT NuGGeT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

hahah when that happens ya know ya dead

------------------
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
 #15 
Old 2001-04-27, 14:21
Perpchuw Perpchuw is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Weird dreams

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I thought i better tell you that I think I've discovered what happened.

I was emptying my bin this morning and happened to notice that the bottles of "Hoopers Hooch" that I had been drinking on the afformentioned night went out of date on the 21st Feb 2000!!!

I know....why was I drinking hooch in the first place?!!?

The truth....
......it's all I could find in the house.....
...Hey!!! I was thirsty, Give me a break!!!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics