About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-18, 06:53
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Greenhouse Punishment.

I live near the pollen count capital of America if not the world.

The San Francisco bay area is said to be one of the worst areas for allergy sufferers to live in. What makes this fucking worst is that pollen counts have more then doubled in the last 30 years due to Global Warming.

I went out in my backyard to work on my deck yesterday when i had the worst allergy attack ever. There is a Hemlock bush just over the fence in my nieghbors yard. I think that is what triggered it. My eyes felt as if i had wooden splinters in it, my sinus ran like i had the worst cold ever and i started weezing uncontrolablly and i had rashes all over my neck.

now im all loaded up on benadril and suddafed and feel like a smoked some serious weed.

I feel like tearing my eyes out right now. they are all squishy.
 #2 
Old 2001-04-18, 09:08
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

You could always chew the hemlock, then you wouldn't have to worry about youre eyes, or anything else for that matter, but enough of this idle socratic talk.

I advise that you get allergy shots diweekly and eat the local honey, as eating local honey has been known to lower the severity and frequency of allergy attacks.
 #3 
Old 2001-04-18, 10:53
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

I don't respond to pollen. If I did, I would do like Joan Lunden.
 #4 
Old 2001-04-18, 19:02
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

whats the logic behind eating local bee honey? will their enzymes break down the pollen in my bloodstream?
 #5 
Old 2001-04-18, 19:06
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
I don't respond to pollen. If I did, I would do like Joan Lunden.



umm..ok i'll bite, what did Joan Lunden do?

im assuming we are talking about the GMA co host.
 #6 
Old 2001-04-18, 20:56
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

Taken from Claritin.com

CLARITIN� (loratadine) Tablets 10 mg are used to treat seasonal allergy symptoms such as sneezing; runny nose; and itchy, watery eyes.

Once a day CLARITIN� does not cause drowsiness when taken at the recommended doses, which is common with all over-the-counter and some prescription antihistamines. (Drowsiness rates vary among products.) All antihistamines that cause drowsiness must caution users about operating motor vehicles or heavy machinery. CLARITIN�, on the other hand, is not required to carry such warnings.

The ability to control your symptoms without feeling drowsy is just one of the reasons why CLARITIN� has been the #1 prescribed antihistamine since September 1994.1

 #7 
Old 2001-04-18, 22:07
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

Honey is made from pollen.

By becoming exposed to the pollen you build an imunity to it.
 #8 
Old 2001-04-18, 22:22
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
Taken from Claritin.com

CLARITIN� (loratadine) Tablets 10 mg are used to treat seasonal allergy symptoms such as sneezing; runny nose; and itchy, watery eyes.

Once a day CLARITIN� does not cause drowsiness when taken at the recommended doses, which is common with all over-the-counter and some prescription antihistamines. (Drowsiness rates vary among products.) All antihistamines that cause drowsiness must caution users about operating motor vehicles or heavy machinery. CLARITIN�, on the other hand, is not required to carry such warnings.

The ability to control your symptoms without feeling drowsy is just one of the reasons why CLARITIN� has been the #1 prescribed antihistamine since September 1994.1




Lordy lord lord lokil..

I have taken Claritin before. It passes right through me. It makes me jittery as fuck. i dont like Calritin or Claritin 24 (or whatever its called)


 #9 
Old 2001-04-18, 22:24
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by Bongman:
Honey is made from pollen.

By becoming exposed to the pollen you build an imunity to it.




where is the logic in that? Why wont i just become immune to the pollen around me then over time.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-18, 23:40
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by White Witch:

where is the logic in that? Why wont i just become immune to the pollen around me then over time.



The pollen in the air causes your allergies to act up, which means you're constantly rubbing it out of your eyes, sneezing it out, etc. If you eat the honey, it won't be hitting the parts that get irritated by it, and then your body can build the immunity.

That's what I figure the theory is, anyway. I don't know for sure if it would work.
 #11 
Old 2001-04-19, 01:38
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

Spiffy, you get...

"The Lo-kil stamp of approval!"

*Stands back as a giant rubber stamp falls from the sky and flattens Spiffy*
 #12 
Old 2001-04-19, 01:42
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

I dont know why it works, it just does.
 #13 
Old 2001-04-19, 02:11
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

because the honey will expose u to the pollen gradually, rather than at a rate that can be harmful
 #14 
Old 2001-04-19, 02:19
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

I think we all agree, that is too much free advertisement for one post.

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #15 
Old 2001-04-19, 19:58
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Greenhouse Punishment.

quote:
Originally posted by othium:
I think we all agree, that is too much free advertisement for one post.




no.. its good for the local economy.

think Globaly by localy
or something like that.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics