About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-17, 20:32
steve48 steve48 is offline
Regular
 
Default site freezing up my computer

I like totse and have for the last year. But I have a problem, your web site keeps freezing up, sometimes I have to restart my comuter. What is the problem?
 #2 
Old 2001-04-17, 22:11
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Im no computer wiz but what kind of computer do you have? what speed is the processor. how much RAM? it maybe an internal memory problem. If you have win 9x platform try and deleting the files in the Temp Internet Directory in Windows Directory. that will release cache.
 #3 
Old 2001-04-18, 05:12
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

I had the same problem, i've got an imac and was useing netscape, once the forum was updated if froze up my computer all the time, so i left for a few months then one day i decided to come back but used internet expoler and didn't have any freezeing problems, so try useing explorer
 #4 
Old 2001-04-18, 06:49
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Thats the problem with the Internet-- its accessible to Mac users.
 #5 
Old 2001-04-18, 07:44
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

how cool it is to pay out mac's, your so trendy, i wanna be just like you when i grow up
 #6 
Old 2001-04-18, 07:47
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Awesome! I new I was a good role-model.
 #7 
Old 2001-04-18, 09:17
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Macs do suck.
 #8 
Old 2001-04-18, 19:15
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Macs arn't that bad guys.. Come on. I own 2 PCs and want to purchase a G4 next. I love Computer Art. Macintoshes render much faster then the fastest Athlon on the market. Macs just arent supported by many software designers so everyone says they are nothing more then expesnive paperweights. but come on they really are a powerful computer. only they are designed for people who know very little about computers.
 #9 
Old 2001-04-18, 20:58
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

G4? Poppycock.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-18, 22:37
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

whats wrong with the G4 processor? its pretty fucking fast.

the 500mhz G4 is said to have a much faster clockspeed then the Athlon 1.2ghz.
 #11 
Old 2001-04-18, 22:47
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Graphics?

http://www.sgi.com/

Enough said... Notice these machines run Windows NT, 2000, Linux, or Irix (MIPS only).

Or buy that G4... you can run OS X (All the power of UNIX handicapped by simplicity and elegance of Macintosh)...

[This message has been edited by xengoreth (edited 04-18-2001).]
 #12 
Old 2001-04-19, 04:44
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

add to that the simple fact that mac's are built with the same loving care and quality control as your average toaster and..well..yeah.

I've ranted repeatedly about the technical reasons why macs are inferior, and I refuse to repeat it.

Graphics smaphix, last time I checked there wasn't a single Macintosh in skywalker ranch's rendering farm, take that for whatever face value you want to put on it...
 #13 
Old 2001-04-19, 08:38
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

quote:
Originally posted by Jadedfool:
add to that the simple fact that mac's are built with the same loving care and quality control as your average toaster and..well..yeah.

I've ranted repeatedly about the technical reasons why macs are inferior, and I refuse to repeat it.

Graphics smaphix, last time I checked there wasn't a single Macintosh in skywalker ranch's rendering farm, take that for whatever face value you want to put on it...



Excuse me? You refering to ILM? i have an old highschool friend that works there. His name is David Wong. do you know him? do you work at ILM. i happened to know first hand he uses a macintosh. and yes i do live near Novato.
 #14 
Old 2001-04-19, 18:38
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

You're just angry because you're wrong. Macs suck. That all there is to it.
 #15 
Old 2001-04-30, 06:15
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

Who here has ever had a mac crash on them? Didn't think so.
*stares at his feet*
Yeah, I have a PC. But I got mine for free. I wanted a mac.

You can always load software that will make it run IBM compatible stuff.

------------------
I would rather be a smartass than a dumbass
 #16 
Old 2001-04-30, 06:57
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: site freezing up my computer

funny, because I happen to know some of the Sun contractors who put together their render farm....
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics