|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2001-04-17, 03:29
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Cincinatti Rioting
A white cop shot a black man who was running from him, I guess after a traffic violation. So the town riots.
I heard on the news a black women saying that the side of the black community hasn't been heard. In the background their appeared looted stores and then a scene of white women that had been beaten. I thought for a moment. That was the about the dumbest comment I've ever heard. "Here me out! But only after I beat this girl and get me a free entertainment center." What the fuck. I don't know the whole story as of yet about the shooting, but christ. I don't think half the people really give a shit, they just want an excuse to loot and plunder. As far as I know they protested at the guys funeral, then all hell broke loose as more protesters decided to argue their point with civil unrest and terrorism.
People that pull that type of shit should just be shot, I don't care the color or their skin, just that attitude. A white cop did bad, (but they complain about black cops too) so I'm gonna go bust up a 7-11. Makes sense don't it?
Actually I'm pissed off because of the division of the races that is still going on. I'm not sure when it started to increase again, I think it was Clinton, with his apology to the black community for slavery. Perhaps a noble idea, but with unintended consequences. After that I remember talking to some, not many, so I can't make this a generalization, blacks who had the attitude that all whites should apologize. Perhaps that attitude, started by a white guy, caused an increase in racial tensions. Who knows. I am empathetic to their ancestors yes. But why on earth they deserve an apology for something that was never brought down on them from person that never practiced such a thing is beyond me. The president said he was sorry, so on his behalf should I? No, I don't share many, if any beliefs with that guy, not knowing him on a personal bases.
Regardless I do believe that govt workers should be held to higher standards, more strict laws, and harsher punishments. Sure they are only human, but it's too easy to abuse, and besides if govt officials were so much better than the common man (as we hope them to be), then such a thing shouldn't be a problem. If it was murder, fry the guy. If it was an accident, take him off duty, and perhaps a manslaughter charge. But like I said I don't know the exact situation. Though I intend to find out. The whole thing is just sickening. Any community doing such things just make themselves look worse. In Cincinatti, they have made it that every black person is a suspect for something and many will just assume they are guilty. Because they went about things in a very wrong and discouraging way. Terrorism only proves you are what you are protesting against. I'm done for now, but still pissed.
|
|
#2
 2001-04-17, 04:39
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
I think they got his shooting on video.. someone videotaped it. he was shot in the stomach though i thought. how can you get shot in the stomach if you're running away?
anyways that sucks. People do take advantage of the situation. But did you hear that when the funeral session was going on that 2 cops walked into a crowed and shot people in the stomach with bean bags from a 12 gauge. they are used for last measures. and someone got the ened of it on video.. right after the cops shot. showing a white woman and a black man on the ground grabbing their stomachs. Seems like Ohio cops like shooting people in the stomach for some off the wall reason. I think the guy that got shot and died may have been out of line though. maybe the cop thought he was gonna hurt someone so he fired. maybe it was a bad judgment on his part but i dont think it was malace.. but i have to seriouslly question the bean bag shootings. Whats up with that?
And why do Black people always fucking loot black owned business if they are angry at white people. I know that sounds stereotipical but hell it has happen twice in 2 different generations in South Central LA.
|
|
#3
 2001-04-17, 04:41
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
quote: Originally posted by White Witch: People do take advantage of the situation.
And why do Black people always fucking loot black owned business if they are angry at white people.
|
|
#4
 2001-04-17, 04:44
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
Are you saying the shooting was intentional
By the by, witch, Blacks did not throw bricks at white businesses, it was korean businesses. We are all groups now in California. No majorities yet, until 20 years or so until the higher Latino birth rates take over.
|
|
#5
 2001-04-17, 04:46
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
More proof, that hard work is what makes you successful, not bitching. Good job Korea!
|
|
#6
 2001-04-17, 14:28
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
hmmm perhaps as part of training for our police officers they should be shot with less lethal rounds. Perhaps they think that such a thing doesn't really hurt. The protesting in WA last year showed some similar happenings. People were shot at close range, even in the face, with rubber buck shot rounds. One person was critically injured, yet no cops nor any feds, were punished or even corrected. I think it's fun for them. Lesson? If protesting bring a real gun, so when the feds get carried away having fun shooting people for simply the rush of power, take that power away, with a slug instead of a bean bag.
I bet the whole US would riot if some one shot a fed or cop (that was getting carried away) in self defense, then was prosecuted.
|
|
#7
 2001-04-17, 19:20
|
othium 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
I would side with any person involved in a protest that shot a fed or police officer randomly firing rounds into a crowd because they were argueing.
------------------ cogito, ergo sum
|
|
#8
 2001-04-17, 22:20
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
quote: Originally posted by Lokil: Are you saying the shooting was intentional
By the by, witch, Blacks did not throw bricks at white businesses, it was korean businesses. We are all groups now in California. No majorities yet, until 20 years or so until the higher Latino birth rates take over.
Dude.. Did you see the News Videos taken back in 92 of the korean shop owners shooting at the looters and the police standing around throwing his hand up in the air like he couldnt do shit. i thought that was pretty cool.
|
|
#9
 2001-04-17, 22:23
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
quote: Originally posted by The Real: hmmm perhaps as part of training for our police officers they should be shot with less lethal rounds. Perhaps they think that such a thing doesn't really hurt. The protesting in WA last year showed some similar happenings. People were shot at close range, even in the face, with rubber buck shot rounds. One person was critically injured, yet no cops nor any feds, were punished or even corrected. I think it's fun for them.
umm.. Maybe it isnt fun. Maybe they fear for their lives. Cops get shot too. they are trained to show restraint. what do you do when you feel threatened. i mean the cops in ohio may have did it for kicks but the Seattle thing was a riot. I would have been scared shitless in their position.
|
|
#10
 2001-04-17, 22:33
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
Now im thinking about the seattle riot again. Many of the people who were protesting were peacful demonstrators. they didnt want violence. But you always have some fuckhead in the crowed that just wants to start shit. Now, Why was Starbucks attacked? it wasnt an issue over free trade because Starbucks will always have starbucks in the USA. its not like people will loose their jobs from starbucks. Yet the headquarters and the first Starbucks shop ever opened was trashed on that day. I mean coffe beans arnt grown in the US so its not like coffee growers in the USA would loose to compition in another country because coffee isnt grown in this country in the first place. So why was Starbucks trashed?
NAFTA only effects companies like diamond almonds or Levis Straus where the companies pull in record profits then once nafta was passed those same companies packed up and moved to mexico so they could pay workers 50 cents an hour instead of the unions 14 dollar an hour.
but there will always be a bunch of shitheads who think its a free for all and trash everything in site making it more and more difficult to get permits to protest in this country.
|
|
#11
 2001-04-17, 23:08
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
Yeah, White Witch, I know a lot of Koreans in L.A. they are bitter.
|
|
#12
 2001-04-20, 05:01
|
White Witch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
quote: Originally posted by Lokil: Yeah, White Witch, I know a lot of Koreans in L.A. they are bitter.
Well that was nearly 10 years ago.. how are things in LA today?
|
|
#13
 2001-04-20, 06:46
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
I can somewhat agree with you White Which, but when do senior citizens holding a damn poster board sign pose such a threat the a cop must shoot them with rubber buckshot from 10ft. There's a difference between necessary force and just outright brutality.
I don't trust cops nor feds. With all the dirty shit they pull, I don't doubt it one bit they have fun. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Seattle, Cinci, the Persian Gulf, Somalia, and other police brutality cases. Citizens are merely toys. How threatenig a small boy is that UN soldiers should hold him over a fire for stealing food, or perhaps putting his friend in a metal box to bake to death in the sun? Or US soldiers boarding Civilian ships and roughing up it's crew for fun, under UN command. Yeah they were all in fear for their lives. I see it more as, they have the guns, they have the power, and human will is sickening. Cops can do whatever they damn well please and get away with it, at the most a slap on the hand.
Not all cops are bad, I agree, and I'm sure that most of them that have used force, did so as needed. But what pisses me off is that those who abuse it, get off with perhaps a lecture. I say a person with that much power should face very harsh punishments. But they don't. And with human nature being as violent as it is, such a policy of hand slapping, only attracts more bad cops.
What would happen if a person killed a cop in true self defense? I bet that person would see the chair, no matter what. That pisses me off, we are not protected from people in power, nor are they obligated to protect us. And then are those that want to take away means of self defense, so we are left at the mercy of those that we elected in good faith. Which anymore doesn't mean shit, we don't get real choices and people lie.
So fuck the system, it don't work, I don't need it, and neither do you.
If I ever go to a protest I'm bringing a weapon. The first motherfucker that shoots a bean bag at me for no apparent reason is going to die.
|
|
#14
 2001-04-20, 22:31
|
cntrdcton0fate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Cincinatti Rioting
Damn, that makes you angry. Makes you want to go out and use the power that has been invested wrongly in them, just as they abuse it. But what makes it even worse is that fact when it comes down to it... you can't do a thing. Sure you can go out and kill a man, riot, destroy. But it seems that we're already to far in the wrong direction to really change something. Would some sort of revolution even save us now... or just blind us, in the illusion we were being saved.us, in the illusion we were being saved. .............................................
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|