About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-27, 04:12
HUMAN_GOURD HUMAN_GOURD is offline
Regular
 
Default Life beyond Spurious Generalities

The forums besides Spurious generlities , sex and effection , bad ideas, and better living through chemistry are mostly dead. The only real purpose they have now-a-days is bitching at someone for putting a topic in the wrong place. We need to fill the rest of the forums up. *steps off soapbox*
Thank You for your time
 #2 
Old 2001-03-27, 04:56
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

...you posted this in the wrong place, this should be in the complaints forum.
 #3 
Old 2001-03-30, 00:21
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

Hey there Oh righteous squashtype one....
Here, gimme that soapbox for a sec( hehe, yeah right) no jk, HUMAN GOURD is right about
filling up other forumns, you know how some zuccini is like totally lopsided with the stem coming out and then it's narrow and then all of a sudden it just like bloosooms out at the bottom and looks more like a pumkin that had on a too tight bell hat, than a really large cucumber?

Well, as individuals, we are all so much human squash type veggies, the level of squashability varying but, whatever, we are all ultimately squashable, by some thing, or some one and so to the point.

To avoid being squashed so to speak by the rejection, distancing or outright apathy w/ regard to your existence in any other squashes reality garden, remember that while
generalities are most generally applicable to
the greatest number of vegetables, it is the finer points and the specialized skills and the somewhat ecclectic or obscure to most feilds of knowledge that one posseses that make them truly well rounded zuchinni!

Some vegetables are far more interesting to look at and examine than others, above and beyond that of the actual tastes and variations in a specific type of vegetable,
What goes into it via water and earth, the amount and intensity of the sunlight it receives.....What makes for a good tasting
veggie?

It isnt like vegetables can control any of that of course, after all they're vegetables!

But it seems that the most efficient and comprehensive utilization of all factors at hand and available to the little vine would be the best way to , if in fact a plant could plan..

Use not just the forums at totse, not just spurious gen. or the chat room, use the whole thing read as much stuff you don't know a thing about as you can, even if you do not think you are interested, just take a look and if in fact you couldn't care less and have no inclination to change that about any particular topic or text file area, at least you have participated in making yourself the most well rounded and appealing candidate for the salad shooter that you , given surroundings, various factors..., were able to.

the fewer times that life or another person opts to say " blleaascho yucky sputuph pouii"
and spits you out or simply declines a serving of you in the first place, imho, the better for the vegetable. but who knows, maybe cherry tomatoes actually don't care whether or not they get eaten with a fork or if they rot together in some basket and then if lucky are thrown at some mediocre comic?

And along those lines, do you think that it in a way hurts their feelings that the first thing we do when actually eating them, is rip their stem out? I mean, what a dis! Like your momma or something.

And me, sitting here doing all this nothing!
Here, have your damn soabox back. I will get one with a rabbit on it from behind the grocery store, the nice heavy whaterproof ones that lettuce comes in, yeah, that's the
ticket a rabbit box! A whole bunch of rabbit boxes!, and and !!!, I'll line em all up nice and neat with te rabbits facing the same way
Then, I shall put one in each box sideways and then another on top, yes! yes! soon I will have a rabbit box podium, it will be so cool! I will have the killer view! and with bunnies on the boxes, geee, that is so totally neat! I'm glad I came to totse today
cause while I was looking around through the days active topics, doing a little delving into a couple of the areas listed on the new start page , replying here and there to posts
in a couple of other forums if you must know,
yes as I read Lostminds latest in his daily assertion of his convictions post de jour...
I was thinking of going to Ains site , but then I remembered that I already dl the thing I wanted to learn first and it is zipped, and
I am without an unzipping type application, so then, I thought I could apologize to lokil, then i thoght eh? when I see him again, he'd be a good model, his temprament would be quite befitting, no pun intended.
I thought about going to chat, but have been traumatized by hardcore police font runin and feel fairly safe and content here with my rabbit boxes.....whatelse, pretty long second isn't this, well there is a mathematical formula for converting winkitime into actual
hours and minutes, OH! I know, see, just had to shut up long enough to hear myself think.

If I was truly dedicated and compelled to exercise appropriate online, again no pun, ness I'd go explain the fucken with peoples heads thread to one ReBoRn, welcome back! please keep your receipt type guy. EH, I don't feel like it right now, I recall being
under the wrong impression of my impression a long time ago, utterly oblivious, then, usually for like 5 years after any situation was already over with, then one day..DING!
the light would come on , but he is already
showing fine signs of potentially competant consciousness, so I'll let it alone for now.

I am so resourceful, as opposed to times in my earlier life , youth, last week, no, jk, I have found a way to cheer myself up in the face of decidedly uncheery and stifling situroundings where I find myself feeling not really cared for by anybody that is actually
in my life, yeah, rather than some bad old go off and get even jaunt or whatever, instead,
I have bookmarked a whole bunch of antique jewelry sites and I can spend as long as I want saving images of lovely things that meant alot to someone at some point and that I may keep for myself in my virtual electronic jewelry box, so there! Only took 20 years or so to arrive at such a well, effective, not inappropriate, immoral or illegal method of energy alchemy whereby , well yes yes...
AND LET THIS BE a warning to any and all of you who cannot believe they read or even thought about reading this whole post! If you are now *shaking your head, palms to the sky*
don't be annoyed with me! I'd hafta care! heh
whoops!!!did I say that aloud? Simply take a moment to check yourself, you may be ripe, and well past your daily recommended amount of spurious generalities!!!!!!!

Yeah, that soap box, cha, whoops that is the medicine cabinet isn't it, I have been here looking at, oh dear! *blushes* suuuuuuuure!

over and out
!!!!!
stuff like that
 #4 
Old 2001-03-30, 01:35
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

Hey you scrolling down.
Didn't read most of that did you.

It's the attention span thing again

~Kameron
I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slaveship just goes in circles.

 #5 
Old 2001-03-30, 20:04
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

Yep , i read the bit about vegtables and then scrolled down...
 #6 
Old 2001-03-30, 22:01
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

How dare you ignore winki?! Have you no respect for one of the best people here? She comes on offering her insights to life and you don't even bother to read them! You ingrates!

------------------
Remember the golden rule:
Those with the gold make the rules.
 #7 
Old 2001-03-31, 03:25
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

*waked up from snoozing in his chair*

YEAH!
 #8 
Old 2001-03-31, 12:27
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

�well I read it all but winki I think you have a tendency to ramble� I resent being compared to a vegetable, but you sorta got ya point across� I see da point with the well roundedness, it's just, like, my comp. is so slow and to read things I don't want to, or don't seem interested in seems like it would take'a year. �and ya make me feel guilty about eattin vegetables, but I stick to my original belief: Animals have more feelings that vegetables. �but more importantly we post in those areas 'cause their interstin� who really wants to take about food( wait I'm hungry), or ?radios?, what have you� some forums just ain't popular and that's the way it goes. But wait� since when has popular been good?

------------------
I have become death,
shatterer of worlds.
 #9 
Old 2001-03-31, 18:35
Revelation Revelation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Have you no respect for one of the best people here


what the hell do you mean one or tyhe best? are you implying there might be on some remote part of totse anyone that can even compare to the magnificent winki's brillance?? (yeah tree i know dammit)

. o O (wow winki's ass tastes good) j/k

but yes i read the whole thing 2wice because i can't read very well on the computer. normally when i read a book or something (and i read really fast and i bet everyone else here does too) i absorb everything i read in it the first time. I just read catcher in the rye yesterday from start to finish in about 4 hours and i totally got it even though its just a bunch of subliminal messages thrown together and narriated by a madman i mean honestly
quote:
probably broke every toe in her body
sounds like the ramblings of a madman to me

anyway what was i saying?? shit now i have to go read what i wrote. oh yeah. well i'm just saying that whenever winki posts something you really should read it. It will generally make you a better person. I hope you got past all the veggi' analagies (yeah i know i can't speel but the spell checker takes too damn long) and relized she was telling you don't just skip anything in your life. the more broad your subjects are the more well rounded squa.. err peron you become.

and in closing

winki oh please come away with me to backpack through Italy it will be so much fun there'll be singing and the wonderful natives and so many delightful romantic misunderstandings..

oh yeah tree.. sorry



------------------
non-conformists are all alike..
 #10 
Old 2001-03-31, 20:40
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

quote:
what the hell do you mean one or tyhe best? are you implying there might be on some remote part of totse anyone that can even compare to the magnificent winki's brillance??


I am inclined to agree, but I didn't want to inadvertantly offend anyone.

------------------
Remember the golden rule:
Those with the gold make the rules.
 #11 
Old 2001-04-01, 03:36
HUMAN_GOURD HUMAN_GOURD is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

Winki I did read all of your post and I would just like to say I'm honored to have you post in my topic.
{wow revelation was right winki's ass does taste good}
 #12 
Old 2001-04-01, 11:38
PcThUg2ooo PcThUg2ooo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

Not disrespecting you winki,

But cooooooome on ppl...
puhlease.
Thats not the way to live..
saying anyone is smarter/braver/better than any other individual in my mind is wrong.

1 little word that i have grown accustomed too is "potential"

Every person has this and I really belive when i say that anything can be accomplished if you can muster the potential will-power, and stick to your goals.

Anyways the point of this..... long forgoten..
I hope you can understand, cause i sure as hell cant.

pcthug.. (scat) =(
 #13 
Old 2001-04-01, 22:01
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

most people just want to log onto totse and log off. this is why this is the most popular forum

[This message has been edited by White Witch (edited 04-01-2001).]
 #14 
Old 2001-04-02, 02:38
HUMAN_GOURD HUMAN_GOURD is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

I think most people don't posts in the other forums because they see that not many people post in there in the first place and that discourages them more from posting there. Nobody wants to post and not get any replies ; that would just suck.
 #15 
Old 2001-04-02, 02:50
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

I think no one posts in the other fourms because they have no intrest in that area
 #16 
Old 2001-04-02, 03:23
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Life beyond Spurious Generalities

I read it.

There Winki, post with confidence.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics