|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2001-02-27, 10:06
|
neville122333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
TOTSE's Computer chapter.
This part of the TOTSE site sucks so much- it's out of date by about, umm say 6'000'000 years! From what I can see in the chapter, the pentium 1 processor has just been prototyped! I mean! You come on to this site thinking u can get info on your new home pc and you find that BBC b computers are the latest crase! Someone in the temple sort it out!
|
|
#2
 2001-02-27, 10:34
|
greenspam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
yah, I agree.. Enigma needs to spring clean.
|
|
#3
 2001-02-27, 15:54
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
how about you shut the fuck up, both of you, and get the fuck out of here if it's so bad?
|
|
#4
 2001-02-27, 17:28
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
I agree with sckbch this place needs the effort from it's members not just from one person.
there are to many people for enigma to clean up after us all, and we do leave a fairly big mess.
[This message has been edited by raverz_choice (edited 02-27-2001).]
|
|
#5
 2001-02-27, 18:00
|
neville122333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
Lets just say then that we need a discussion (moderator-member) about 'modifying' some parts of TOTSE. I mean let's face it, if TOTSE is still active say 10 years from now, the info will be obsolite in the real world (considering this is cyberspace). Molecular computers will hit the computer world in force sooner or later (they are on the 1st prototype now) and they will be so fast and so cheap, that microchips will literaly be free to anyone who wants them.
Problem solved? I think so.
And to that bloody moderator- fuck you too.
Thank-you thank-you.
|
|
#6
 2001-02-27, 18:58
|
greenspam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
sickbch..How about NO. You want to run a BBS and not expect any constructive critisism? Not that you have an understanding of the meaning of that word you only know how to be unconstructive. But still he has a point. The text should either be removed or put in a history forum. Much of the info is a bit out dated. People come on here to get information and learn something new.
|
|
#7
 2001-02-27, 20:48
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
well considering the fact that all this will be obsolete why don't you stop wining and stop posting?
and greenspam that isn't constructive critisism that is worthless critisism, information is information no matter if it has been around for a while or not.
people still get info out of that text, and for the parts that are worthless it is not like somebody is going to jump up and ask to be in charge of reading all of it and deleting what doesn't have a shread of compatibility with todays systems.
I can't believe you live in that head, maybe you should stand up from your computer, stretch, take a look around your house, maybe cleen up a little, get a job, and get a life, because evrytime I come on here theres a whole shit load of worthless posts from you.
[This message has been edited by raverz_choice (edited 02-27-2001).]
|
|
#8
 2001-02-27, 21:21
|
sckbch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
"You want to run a BBS and not expect any constructive critisism? Not that you have an understanding of the meaning of that word you only know how to be unconstructive."
greenspam, not that it matters much, but it's actually nonconstructive not unconstructive. Next time use smaller words, you seem to get lost every time you try to sound what was it, intelligent????
|
|
#9
 2001-02-27, 22:28
|
greenspam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
You're still the idiot here sckbch. You hav'nt posted one fucking thing on here that anyone cares about. All you do is flame others. You're life must be as shallow as the sperm load your father squeezed out onto your mom. You were the fastest one to the egg huh?
|
|
#10
 2001-02-28, 01:37
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
Me and enigma have been having the same discussion, although not in the same language, about the BBS and the file system in particular.
Enigma just yesterday made the file editor available to me, so that I could begin to edit and delete files that are terrible or full of spelling errors, or other mistakes.
What we have in mind is that the moderators for each section, or people interested in a particular section, will be given access to the editor so that they can make changes, include new submissions, and generally clean up the place as you put it.
There are a lot of files, I mean a lot of them, and it takes someone with real dedication to go through them and help us out. Lots of people in the past have offered, but few have really been willing to do the work required.
For now, you can tell the which files have been edited because they have a description. So look around and see if you can find some, and tell us what you think.
J.C. Stanton
|
|
#11
 2001-02-28, 02:23
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
JC, I'd be happy to contibute to &totse.
Im ready for the editor any day. And I'll use it.
|
|
#12
 2001-02-28, 06:15
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
I'm willing to help too. There are times that I check the board an hour after I checked it last because I have nothing else to do. I don't like to, so if I can help blaze through the &TOTSE files and junk the junk, I'm down. Got plenty of time.
|
|
#13
 2001-02-28, 20:06
|
unknownsage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
I still like to see old stuf lying around on totse coz i know loads of people that still like to play around with ancient machine.
(i'd be happy to help though!!!!)
|
|
#14
 2001-03-04, 00:08
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
Well we arent getting rid of anything, unless it's so poorly written that know one can understand it.
What we are doing is trying to update the stuff that is there with new information.
Those of you who find new information, or have new information, please send it to us, because in the end that is really the only way to make this fresh.
J.C. Stanton
|
|
#15
 2001-03-04, 03:45
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
Sometimes there are multiple copies of the same file. Can those be deleted?
|
|
#16
 2001-03-04, 04:53
|
Phantom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
Hey JC, would it be possible to update the page with a way to view all files submitted within the last day, week, month, etc?
That would be appreciated
|
|
#17
 2001-03-05, 14:41
|
neville122333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
I agree with bongman
|
|
#18
 2001-03-26, 06:33
|
Dark_Destiny 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
I dont care who said what I love this place and all but it does need to be updated I read a file about some guy carding the latest and ultimate 1 gb hardrive. The owner of this site needs to let more people with so much free time the privelage to help him reorganize this place.
|
|
#19
 2001-03-26, 19:39
|
Mustard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
In a few weeks i will have a 3 month break after my exams before i go back to school so i as well would be happy to help.
|
|
#20
 2001-03-26, 20:19
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
This is coming from a person that wants to be put down? Mustard Seed, I would Never chose you to be on my team.
|
|
#21
 2001-03-27, 17:25
|
Kameron 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
&totse is not about being up to data. You want News on an ever changing site where nothing is constant go else where, its not as if theres any shortage of elsewheres to go to. &totse is retro and the best. Don't delete anything or i'll have to start archiving totse for prosteity, this is history man. Ok you can delete multiples and better descriptions would be useful.
'bout adding new filez though i'm no sure I think there are other places that do it better.
&totse is special don't make it a clone.
~Kameron Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
|
|
#22
 2001-04-01, 22:24
|
Dark_Destiny 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: TOTSE's Computer chapter.
hay if you know a site like this or similar but more up to date I'd sure like to go and check it out.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|