About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-28, 23:45
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Looking for a start

Thank you for your honest answer Suziegirl. If I am such a novice that to answer my question is a waste of time then fine. However,if anyone else is willing to help, What I was looking for was advice on how anyone here got started. I am neither looking for a tutor nor a mentor. What I am looking for is some direction ie. the book, website you started with.
 #2 
Old 2000-09-29, 12:02
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

here is a good website.. it sometimes goes down so just keep checking
http://www.howtohacknapsterbecauseiamaloserwithnolife.com

clean?
 #3 
Old 2000-09-29, 12:11
Lest�t Lest�t is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

....i've read your posts and i think i get what your looking for and sorry to tell ya but i don't think it exists heres a website
http://pinkynet.freeservers.com/hacking/

Newbies guide to mostly harmless hacking ..prett old

and check out www.hackers.com or any other hacker website like www.infowar.com and look for some text files for beginners and just look for some tips and tricks.

to kick someone out of napster you logon with a moderater id and password and type the command /kick <username> that will work on most chatrooms too the difficult part is getting the password

of course you could always find out what one looks like and where they live.........go from there

 #4 
Old 2000-09-29, 12:53
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

Clean and here's one for you http://www.iamsoinsecurethatihavetoconstantlyputdownothersandprovemysuperiorknowledge.com or try http://www.iamsuchaloserthatiwastetimetryingtobefunnyonthewebratherthanmeetingpeopleinreallife.com BTW, your replies might have been funny if I had not clearly stated that I have no wish to knock people off of napster. Lestat, thanks maybe these are what I'm looking for.
 #5 
Old 2000-09-29, 01:18
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelyignorant
Clean and here's one for you http://www.iamsoinsecurethatihavetoconstantlyputdownothersandprovemysuperiorknowledge.com or try http://www.iamsuchaloserthatiwastetimetryingtobefunnyonthewebratherthanmeetingpeopleinreallife.com BTW, your replies might have been funny if I had not clearly stated that I have no wish to knock people off of napster. Lestat, thanks maybe these are what I'm looking for.
 #6 
Old 2000-09-29, 01:47
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

I have a question for you then. How do you expect to become any type of hacker at all if you cant even correctly post to a message board? Is it really that hard to realize you only need to click the submit button once? If you want websites with hackin info on them try finding one of them nifty things on the web... i think they are called search engines.. but i could be wrong...


Clean.

[This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 09-29-2000).]
 #7 
Old 2000-09-29, 02:19
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

I wish I could say it was done for emphasis, but unfortunately that is not the case. I went back on my browser,maybe that's what did it. Whatever the case may be, read my name, that should expalin my ineptitude. Also, say you new absolutely nothing about mathematics. Where would you start if you were searching on the net....calculus, geometry, arithmatic? Remember, you know absolutely nothing about math and as such these words mean nothing to you. I see two differnt options: 1)Blindly pick a title knowing that there is a good chance you may be waisting your time reading something that is much to advanced for you. 2)Ask someone who has expertise in the subject for advice running the risk that there will be some punk (not you of course) who will ridicule you? I know I am an idiot who doesn't know anything about the subject. I am trying to learn and understand that in is not an overnight process.I know that everyone here knows way more than me on this subject. I even realized that people were going to make fun of me. I don't care, but in between the putdowns, the jokes,and the ridicule - to borrow a phrase from Austin Powers - "throw me a freakin' bone here people!" Consider my questions to you a compliment from me on your knowledge.
 #8 
Old 2000-09-29, 04:03
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

"'Tis better to be thought a fool and keep one's mouth shut then to open it and remove all doubt."

What a neat little aphorism. Anyways, somewhere out in that sea of shit called the internet is the bone you want us to throw you. Dig it up yourself.

 #9 
Old 2000-09-29, 04:53
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

Atomic the word is "than" not "then". What kind of idiot can't even copy something right? Perhaps you should read the quote again and maybe even take heed. Old Abe was talking about those who claim to know more about a subject than they actually do. I make no such claim. I think this would fit the situation better.
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."
Some of us can actually use quotes that are apropos. Also what aphorism? This "Whatever the case may be, read my name, that should expalin my ineptitude," or maybe you don't know understand that either. The comparison to math was an analogy. They both start with an "a" though. Here's another "ass." As in you suck ass. I do appreciate the metaphor though. It was the best thing about your reply. I'll be happy to tell you what a metaphor is too, if you don't know what that word means either.
[This message has been edited by completelyignorant (edited 09-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by completelyignorant (edited 09-29-2000).]
 #10 
Old 2000-09-29, 10:52
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

It seems to me like your interest is in communications via. the internet. Now what i would do is first get used to the internet as an enviroment. Then learn about protocals this site should be a good place to start: Internet Protocals for Newbies

How i got this was using hotbot and using 'newbie' as my search string. Now this should give you a good start.

Now go and learn, maybe some day you will understand how they have kicked you off.

[This message has been edited by soullace (edited 09-29-2000).]
 #11 
Old 2000-09-29, 11:51
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

Hey Clean and Ignorant, did you type those links wrong, I cant get into em.
 #12 
Old 2000-09-29, 17:11
completelyignorant completelyignorant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

Thanks soullace. Matius (lol) you're right. I may have typed them wrong. I keep trying to go back and I can't find them either.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-29, 19:04
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

BWAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA No its a link... honest... its just goes down a lot...

Clean....
 #14 
Old 2000-09-29, 19:08
fatalError fatalError is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a start

I would NEVER waste my money on registering that domain...some ppl will spend their money on anything.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics