|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2000-09-28, 23:32
|
Lost_Girl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Feminism
I come from a militant family, as some of you know. The majority of them (including the women) have been in some sort of military service. Which makes for some pretty impowered females. And their all huge over six feet tall and weigh about 400 each. They drink like sponges and eat like eat meal is their last. But, there is a lot of feminism in my family.
I have a cousin who is exactly my age: Megan. She lives in the suburbs with her fluffy little puppy: Misty, she on the honour roll, has her little boyfriend, she's a cheerleader, and is practically Miss. America or something. I mean, she's really suburbanite perfection.
And here I am from the city. My whole family lives down south with her while I grew up North with my mum, pop, brother, sister, and serigate family. So, I don't really know what they think of me down there except for my Aunt Joneva STILL doesn't know how to spell my name correctly, and no one spells my brothers name right.
I'm under the impression that they think I'm a failure, or at leas tthat I'm not living up to my potential. However, they're a bunch of drunken tanks, so they can kiss my inner city ass.
But, it's not just them. It's also my mum and my serigate family up here. There's a lot of feminism. What's even stranger is that they're all Latin. My mums friends, that is. Very feminist Latin women. They believe in beating the man down and bringing the woman up, which I don't believe in at all. I believe that if we want equality we have to recognize men and women as different but equal.
Men and women had roles for thousands of centuries. The womens movement changed that. But, women still get paid less and men are, apparently, favoured in classrooms and such. But, I personally believe that it's all in our heads and if we could all just except that men and women are different but deserve the same opportunities then that would disapeer.
I mean, if women would stop saying that their incumbered because their women, they'd stop being incumbered. If they stopped whining about not being treated as well as men, they'd be treated as well as men. The thing is is that they want to be treated BETTER than men. They don't really want equality. They want to be dominant. And that bugs me.
Of course, when I tell them this they think I'm being ridiculous. That they think that I'm promoting suffrage or some bullshit. But, I'm not! They're the ones who are promoting it. (Against men). And they're the women that make men hate women. They're the stereotypes that men bitch about.
So, men hold down women, women hold down men, and women hold down women. So, really feminists are just double timing. They're holding down men AND themselves.
They should really just get off their high horses and shave their Goddamn legs.
Fuck feminism. Fuck chauvanism. Fuck all of it; and make me President.
Amen, Lost
|
|
#2
 2000-09-28, 23:56
|
Lest�t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
How many militant femanistes does it take to screw in a light bulb, ..two one to screw in the light bulb and one to suck my dick
That�s right suck my dick. I�ve had it. I�m tired of being pushed around. I�m tired of being pushed in with all the rapest lecherous bosses and dead beat dads just because I�m a man all men aren�t potental rapests I�m not a potential rapest but I am a potential mureder if all you don�t shut the fuck up and get out of my face already -Drew Carey dirty jokes and beer
|
|
#3
 2000-09-28, 23:58
|
completelyignorant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Suffrage is the right to vote. Why would they think you are promoting the right to vote?
|
|
#4
 2000-09-29, 08:05
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
The woman's lib movement is like a pendulum. When it first started swinging it was good, bringing women rights that they actually deserve. Now it's swung so far past it's goal that it has become ridiculous. When they say "equality" they mean "superiority".
I'm high.
|
|
#5
 2000-09-29, 09:06
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
i think that follows with all minorities, i'm sick of it too.
a lot of great people fought for inclusion, now a bunch of jackasses fight for seclusion.
anybody ever heard of bet(black entertainment television), nothing against that i just wonder how far a station called wet(white entertainment television) would get?
|
|
#6
 2000-09-30, 01:41
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
It's called TNN.
|
|
#7
 2000-09-30, 02:24
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
i have found most femenists to all have one thing in common. of the ones that i have met (this is not a generalization, but an observation) they all lack any hint of Empathy, and are the single most selfish people that are in existance.
|
|
#8
 2000-09-30, 02:25
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
oops. two things rather.
|
|
#9
 2000-10-01, 07:26
|
completelyignorant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
I like feminist. Everyone needs a laugh now and then.
|
|
#10
 2000-10-02, 08:44
|
AltF4 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Amen LostMind!
|
|
#11
 2000-10-02, 21:33
|
riot_kid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Observation: "Women are capable of doing anything men can!" Sayeth women. "Oh could you please help me move this huge bail of crushed cardboard." Sayeth I. "No that's mans work." Comes the reply. I still made those girls move that bail though. Heh heh heh. So yes feminism is great, but if we're all equal then there is no such thing as men's or womens work. We should all be judged on merit and ability. If you are incapable of doing a job or function own up to it. Women are generally weaker (physically) than men, does that mean I don't acknowlege the fact that there are many women who could beat me up fairly badly. No. But don't get mad when someone says something that is generally true. Men don't understand relationships, well most of us don't. We don't get mad when this is said. It's for the most part true. "Men are dumb" That's a stretch. I don't know where I'm going with this. I think I've started to rant. Goddam, dumbass women! 
|
|
#12
 2000-10-03, 03:33
|
Hero_of_Ktulu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
ok ive come to the concusion to be a white male sucks....there is no white male scholarship, yet there is one for every other ethnic group and more for the opposite gneeder ...they all say "you've never had 'real oppression'" but neither have they, they just know they fall under the same cateogry as someone whose been oppresed and if you have been "real oppresion" good for you...you want a fucking medal?...i dont know....it just seems that everyone likes to pick on white males because they started all these wars and shit but women fuck things up to cause janet reno made a torch outta that relegious cult building a while back...people just need to realize that we are all humans and it doesnt matter what skin color you are or what has happened in the past because the past is not now and now we are trying to do all this shit that just drags us right back down to seperations....so fuck BET and fuck WET and fuck anyone who thinks they are special because of their skin color or gender because your not helping...
i like fun dip
el privo
|
|
#13
 2000-10-03, 14:36
|
SofaKingNO3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
First off janet reno is not a woman ! next LOL lestat. Femenism has killed chivalry and made things worse. To be a cliche as possible "men are from mars and women are from venus" (no I haven't read it I'm a guy you pussy). Each sex has its pros and cons. I have no idea were I'm going with all this but don't let other people fuck with what you think.
|
|
#14
 2000-10-09, 23:40
|
Poppy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
I am a feminist.
I demand my equal opportunity: my right to vote, my right to equal pay for equal work, my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If I want to be a hooker or the future President of the United States or both, no man can keep me from trying to achieve my dream. What women deserve is to be given the same appreciation and consideration as men are given. That is what feminism is all about.
But I do not want to be a man--that's the problem with those few butch, ballbusting hags who claim to be feminists. They make the rest of us look bad. They are not the majority, but a highly publicized minority. I don't like to be stereotyped and referred to as "the weaker sex," but I do like being a woman. One can be feminist and feminine at the same time.
|
|
#15
 2000-10-10, 00:17
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
are you saying you don't have any of these things?
at least those are the right things to fight for, except same pay as men; in sports, that mrs. jones nike commercial used to really piss me off, maybe if the wnba had the same fan turnout as the nba they would make the same amount of money, and in other areas are you saying that if you work someplace for 1 year, you deserve the same pay as someone who worked their for 20 years, or that you deserve the same pay as a person who worked their for 20 years made after one, you may perform the same task, but do you complete each task with same efficiency or even successful completion.
my main problem with affirmative action is that pretty soon you are going to have scaled payrates, where no matter how good a job you do you won't be rewarded for the fear of someone else suing for discrimination that they didn't get the same reward for doing the same work. anybody can build a road, not everybody can build a good road. and when this happens people will lose ambition to excel in whatever they do and just do enough to get by.
|
|
#16
 2000-10-10, 00:25
|
sparky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
women and men are completely different. men are stronger women are weaker. men are obsessed with sex, women are obsessed with image. its a fact, no amount of feminisms gonna change it. one thing i REALLY object to, is employers employing a woman rather than a man so they dont appear sexist, fucking tossers!
|
|
#17
 2000-10-10, 05:23
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Being a white male is the worst thing that ever happened to me. Because of my gentics, I'm automaticly thought of as the following: A Rapist, A Racist, A Sexist, Rich, Happy, Oppresive, and everything else I'm not. First impressions are retarded. But that's not all. Let's not leave out the fact that I'm aryan and German. What does that make me... A Nazi!!! Yep, that's right, I'm a mother-fucking nazi, even though most of Germany was against the National Socialist party once there true intentions were discoverd, to Americans, all Germans are still Nazis.
|
|
#18
 2000-10-10, 16:54
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
I know so many chicks who refuse to call themselves feminists because of the bad rep the hardcore, superiority-on-the-brain ones have given them it's unreal. Everyone seems to want equality. The problem is to some that "equality" means beating down those whose forefathers beat down your forefathers (sisters?), even though we (yeah, I'm a white guy too) had NOTHING to do with it.
Someday, most people will figure out that in order to treat each other like equals, we have to stop trying to treat each other like equals and do it. I don't know that any of us will be alive to see it, though.
|
|
#19
 2000-10-10, 22:32
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
i was attacked by a "femenist" at school today. im not kidding. she tripped my gimpy ass outside of school and tried to kick me in the balls. she had this whole domination of males thing (NO... not in a sexual way). she was actually trying to step on my balls.
i picked her up, turned her upside down, and just dropped her....
brutish, but effective... she leaves me alone now.
|
|
#20
 2000-10-10, 22:38
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
I've been attacked by a woman once, but I managed to talk my way out of it before she actually hurt me. And I'll tell you one thing, she really scared the fuck out of me. Damn crazy speedheads.
|
|
#21
 2000-10-10, 22:41
|
completelyignorant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
I don't want to be anyone's equal. I'm happy being superior.
|
|
#22
 2000-10-13, 18:20
|
sparky 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
here here, people aren't equal, some are dumb (admittedly mostly women(joke, please dont hurt me!))and some are intelligent, some are boring, some are exciting. if we were to treat everyone equally, we'd have soup kitchens for millionaires, zimmer frames for olympic runners and computers for idiots...some people are better than other people.
|
|
#23
 2000-10-13, 19:27
|
kosmonaut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
What was said earlier about women not getting the same pay is absolutely true. I work for a major publisher of school textbooks and there is a glass ceiling, and there are also pay differences. It's still very much a reality. In addition 95% of the company is white. It doesn't make me terribly proud to be a white male. I know, someone is going to come back and say "that's because all the women and minorities are too stupid to get a job there". Well, that's not the case. The fact is, we do hire minorities, but in my 4 years at this office, I've seen them come and go for various reasons. The main reason is they are treated differently than everyone else. They get passed up for promotions, they get the shitty projects to work on, etc. It's a real, everyday problem.
When I first started at this company I was impressed by how many women worked here. I like working with women so I thought "great". After a while I saw the glass ceiling. There are many divisions of this company, and every division has a president (male) and a vice-president (usually male, but sometimes female if it's a woman who works twice as hard as her male counterparts). Above that are the various national and international directors and other high level, grossly overpaid superpower positions. There are no women at that level. Many of the men at that level are nincompoops. They are either born into those positions, or they were raised on a country club in New England and went to posh private schools all their life and buddied their way to the top. This is all a very real scenario.
Anyway, women are STILL treated with less respect than men, and yes, minorities are STILL treated as being not up to par with whites in America.
|
|
#24
 2000-10-14, 00:51
|
slipgut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
too bad, so sad fuck women fuck minorities fuck everyone it's never gonna change nor should it don't be so nieve live your life "get over your damn self"
|
|
#25
 2000-10-14, 01:27
|
kosmonaut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Grow up. You have no idea of the true meaning of naive.
|
|
#26
 2000-10-14, 01:47
|
Poppy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
Bar room-- when a girl tries to beat the crap out of you, that doesn't automatically make her a feminist. That just makes her a bitch.
And what i meant by "equality" was not communism. I was talking about civil liberties and the unalienable rights spoken of by Mr. Thomas Jefferson. Of course we're not all the same; that's why people are so charming. But differences should not be dealt with like diseases--oh my god, he's black/gay/Catholic, please don't make me have to work near him. Rather, they ought to be appreciated and then either completely ignored or incorporated into our views of each person as a whole (i don't know which is better). i don't want your job because i'm a girl and if i don't get it, i'll cry "sexual discrimination!" I want your job because i have twice as much experience as you do and an extra degree and that corner office with the view of the park sure does look sweet. When women try to manipulate the concept of affirmative action to get special treatment, i find it disgusting--i wonder if that kicker from Duke really was equally as talented as the other members of her team, or if she was just trying to be part of the "boys' club."
You know what really confuses me? Why, if over half of the world's population is composed of females, women are still treated as and also behave like minorities. "You have to do this." "well, if you say so, i guess there's not much we can do about it."
I can't help thinking of Afghanistan, where women currently are shot to death in the streets for leaving their homes without male family members to escort them, for not concealing every inch of their bodies constantly, for trying to learn or get a job. It's hard to fight when your oppressors use the excuse that they're trying to protect you. i guess what those Afghani guys are trying to do is push chivalry to the extreme. They don't want to see the women violated in any way, so they destroy all possibility of that happening. no provocative apparel=no unwanted attention; in fact, if men don't see them at all, then men won't be tempted to do anything immoral. Chivalry in its ideal form is fine, as long as the guy knows why he's doing it. If he's holding the door for me because his Dad always told him to do it, then he's not showing his appreciation for women. He's just following orders. Like the Afghanis.
|
|
#27
 2000-10-14, 02:23
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
It wasn't until the civil rights movement that minorities got shit in this country. It wasn't until the 70's or so that women demanded equality (the rise of feminism) and started to get it. That means that for only 20-30 years have women really had the chance to work (almost) all the jobs guys do, and for about 40 years have minorities had (in theory) the same opportunities as whites. In a country that's been around for 213 years, that's not an extremely long time.
Is there prejudice? Yes. It sucks a fat one. In corporations and politics, this is most apparent, because those things have been around for the longest time and have had the same people (or people with the same general mentality) on top for years, in many cases before women and minorities started to push their way upwards at all.
When you reach the uppermost levels of things which have become, in essence, institiutions, the theory of the best people rising to the top falls apart. But this doesn't just go against women and minorities. White guys who are far more qualified than their counterparts often get the shaft if a competitor for a position is friends with people higher up. Where women and minorities get screwed worse is that they, as a whole, have had less of a chance to make those connections at the highest levels of power.
As time passes, that will change. If you look around, who carries the torch of equality? The young. Those who are in their teens, 20's, and maybe early 30's grew up when it started to be okay to accept other kinds of people for who they are. As we all grow up and take on more positions of importance, and the old guard dies away, the situation will improve.
What I wonder sometimes is if those who need to have more patience in order to see further improvement. The more people who have been oppressed fight, the more those who are accused of oppression (rightly or not) will fight back. The road to greater equality has already been laid; at this point, we have to either walk down it or stand at the beginning and continue to rant on about injustices. In essence, the more people play the glass ceiling card, the more they're shooting themselves in the foot.
|
|
#28
 2000-10-14, 02:52
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
why would anyone want to work for a boss who discriminates against you, or be around people who discriminate against you.
i believe an employer also has every right to hire the people he/she wants to make their business the best they can, and if they choose to be racist big fucking deal.
apply for job somewhere else, like the people above have obviously done.
|
|
#29
 2000-10-14, 03:52
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
You don't choose to be a rascist, idiot.
|
|
#30
 2000-10-14, 08:47
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
youre discriminating against trippy just because he fears those that are different.
|
|
#31
 2000-10-14, 09:54
|
lostmind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Feminism
perhaps choose was a wrong word, happens to be racist.
did i discriminate against trippy?
now that i've thought about it though, we do choose to be racist, if we choose we like, don't we also choose who we don't like.
there may be other factors involved, but it is still a choice we made who to like and who to not like.
when people bitch to me about how their life is shit, i always say you've got nobody to blame but yourself. you made all the choices that got you to this point in life, there were reactions to your choices but you also made choices upon those reactions.
[This message has been edited by lostmind (edited 10-14-2000).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|