About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Mother Nature > Green Planet
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Green Planet Environmental issues. The ozone hole. Tree hugging for fun and profit. Toxins in the air, water, and soil. Biotechnological foodstuffs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:07
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Plastic Caps Expire?

I was at a cafe yesterday getting some tea and the guy at the counter put a plastic sippy cap on my tea. I got on his case a little because he put it in another paper cup instead of putting one of those cardboard ring things around it (which is supposed to save paper or something); anyways, while I was moaning about it I realized the plastic sippy cap had an expiration date on it, and the date was 12/16/20.

That's a pretty specific date, you know, too? So, how does a plastic sippy cap go bad? What happens to it?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:12
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Plastic Caps Expire?

I don't think that has to do with the plastic going bad necessarily...I think it is more of a quality control measure.
http://www.epa.gov/grtlakes/seahome/housewaste/house/plastic.htm#composition
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics