|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| News of the Temple News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-13, 21:29
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
New Project - Volunteers Needed
There are currently 1,779 Hours of Nixon White House Tapes available for reproduction at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland, which is approximately half of the total hours of tapes. Out of that 1,779 hours, only 60 or so hours have been transcribed.
This is our private effort to transcribe all 1,779 hours of tape, a half-hour at a time. It's a big project, and will require a few dedicated people willing to help out a few hours every week, and hopefully we will get quite a few people willing to help! The more people we get the faster it will go.
Since the National Archives are in College Park, Maryland, volunteers from suburban Maryland/Washington DC/Northern Virginia are greatly needed. Unfortunately, access to the tapes is restricted to those over 18.
If you'd like to help, please contact J.C. Stanton at jcstanton at totse dot com (anti-spam address).
[This message has been edited by J.C. Stanton (edited 07-14-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-07-14, 02:34
|
-_-OsiriS-_- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Wow, I'm surprised no one has Volunteered yet, or even posted. I'd might do it, but I live nowhere near there.
|
|
#3
 2002-07-14, 03:23
|
Templeton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
After I find out what my schedule is like with classes I might be able to help...
|
|
#4
 2002-07-14, 05:18
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Templeton,
Thanks for your interest, just let me know. This is an ongoing(really ongoing) project, and when you get your schedule set-up, let me know.
J.C.
|
|
#5
 2002-07-15, 00:25
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Chunkmiester brings up a good point, which I forgot to mention. I also need volunteers to transcribe the tapes once we have audio copies of them.
The good part about this is you can be anywhere in the country, or out of the country for that matter!
If anyone would like to do some transcribing, let me know.
Also, if anyone wants to contribute to the general welfare, they can buy tapes from the National Archives and ship them to us. The collection is broken down into half-hour tapes that are availabe for purchase from the National Archives and are approximately 18 U.S. Dollars for each half-hour tape.
If you'd like to do that for us, email me and I can tell you which one to order and how to order it(it's the government, it's not straightforward).
J.C. Stanton jcstanton at totse dot com(anti-spam address)
|
|
#6
 2002-07-15, 04:41
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
I'm all for it. Btw, are you guys making any sort of progress with the cafepress stuff? I've wanted to get a mug for forever  I'll e-mail you soon. I live in SouthEast VA, so i'd be a good candidate.
|
|
#7
 2002-07-17, 22:04
|
Mista Piccolo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Restricted to people OVER 18?
|
|
#8
 2002-07-18, 13:41
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Yeah, unfortunately, the National Archives restricts access to the tapes to people over 18. I dont know why.
There are other ways to help, though, like transcribing the tapes. Anyone can do that.
J.C.
|
|
#9
 2002-07-19, 02:09
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Damn. I live near there. Damn regulations.
|
|
#10
 2002-07-21, 15:50
|
KennyMoore 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
I'd be willing to transcribe... I'm almost 17, and I live a few cities away from College Park. Unfortunately, I can't ge to that Library place, but if there isn't an age limit, I'd transcribe for you.
Kenny
|
|
#11
 2002-07-21, 17:28
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Great!
Email me at jcstanton at totse dot com(anti-spam address)
J.C.
|
|
#12
 2002-07-22, 09:18
|
Dwarven_Commando 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
I'll transcribe audio tapes. I just need to have them sent to me. I live in Texas and work here, so it'd be a bit impractical for me to go to the DC area. But transcribe tapes sent to me, sure.
|
|
#13
 2002-07-23, 14:12
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Has anyone tried to send me email and not gotten a response?
If so, let me know here. I am not sure if my email is working.
J.C. jcstanton at totse dot com
|
|
#14
 2002-07-27, 20:10
|
Renegadeboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
how come no1 posts here
|
|
#15
 2002-08-04, 05:23
|
MaTrIXSpiirit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Ummmm...Why do you have to be under eighteen?
-=MaTrIXSpiirit=-
|
|
#16
 2002-08-05, 17:53
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
HOW COME NEW THREADS CANT BE MADE?
|
|
#17
 2002-08-07, 15:42
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
This is a forum where only Enigma and myself can post new topics.
J.C.
|
|
#18
 2002-09-04, 02:08
|
future_shock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
I wish i stayed near D.C i'd help you guys out for sure.
Im game on helping out on the net i need a couple of good buddies
[This message has been edited by future_shock (edited 09-04-2002).]
|
|
#19
 2002-09-04, 18:03
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Transcribing - listening to the audio and writing down exactly what was said.
|
|
#20
 2002-09-18, 01:21
|
bluehawk BDI 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Well Met, Man it's to bad I wasn't still living in Richmond VA. when I found the sight. I WOULD have helped. I was born and raised during the Nixon years, and have always wondered about the contents of the tapes; Other than the well known information. I am in Columbus Ohio, so whould not be much help. Good idea, go forward with it, I think it's a very interesting thing to do. But, still, if I find myself in the District of Columbia anytime soon, and near a computer I will let you know, Lance forward. I fly of free because of my job, so we will see.......D.C., two flights everyday...... Glenn Vinson Knight of the Goddess, Son of Horus BDI. P.S. What did Archabald know?
|
|
#21
 2002-09-18, 20:26
|
laerif 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
talking of transcribing the audio ones from out with the country what would you do send them in mp3s? i may be interesting in doing a few then may also be able to get a couple others to help.
|
|
#22
 2002-09-18, 21:55
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
quote: Originally posted by bluehawk BDI: Well Met, Man it's to bad I wasn't still living in Richmond VA.
You ever hear of chesterfield VA? thats where I lived for a short period,But my cuz still lives there....
|
|
#23
 2002-09-19, 02:31
|
TheVictor 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Well yeah I would do it but for one i don't live around you,i don't think i do,but if you have way to do it kool just let me know.
|
|
#24
 2002-09-19, 04:35
|
TOWCHBob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
I used to live in stafford. It was about half an hour away from fredricksburg.
|
|
#25
 2002-09-20, 01:50
|
wordisbarn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Hey there, I would be very interested in Transcribing these tapes, as well as hearing some of tricky dicks la di daing about his personal bullocks. There is ,of course, a catch in that I am in Colorado, but if I may be of assistance let me know. I can even do copy editing if that is necessary.
|
|
#26
 2002-09-30, 03:55
|
Ghost Of Fuck Authority 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
Hes Very Mad At You. Very, Very Upset. Hes Mad With Anger, Filled With Fear Of Anger Without Madness. Hes Quite Disappointed In How You Pick Such Cruel People. Cannot Describe What Has Been Done To Him.
Hes From The Kingdom Of Nothing.
|
|
#27
 2002-09-30, 04:10
|
|
|
Re: New Project - Volunteers Needed
quote: Originally posted by Ghost Of Fuck Authority: Hes Very Mad At You. Very, Very Upset. Hes Mad With Anger, Filled With Fear Of Anger Without Madness. Hes Quite Disappointed In How You Pick Such Cruel People. Cannot Describe What Has Been Done To Him.
Hes From The Kingdom Of Nothing.
Err, rite
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|