About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > News of the Temple
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News of the Temple News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-23, 18:08
enigma enigma is offline
Regular
 
Default The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Ultimate BBS has some flaws. For one thing, there is no decent "new message scan", to list all messages that are new since you were last on. For another, there is no way to check and look for messages addressed specifically to you... you can just check a forum and read all messages that are sent to everyone and no one.

I'm looking into building my own system from scratch, using MySQL and Perl. If I did, what features would YOU want to see in a web-based BBS system?
 #2 
Old 2001-03-24, 02:36
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Private messages.

You're the coolest.

Telnet.
 #3 
Old 2001-03-24, 03:14
enigma enigma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Yes to private messages.

Yes to a telnet-style, stripped-down interface, but it would still be http underneath. A true telnet interface would mean I'd have to be a UNIX sysadmin with 8000 users on the system. That's way too much work.
 #4 
Old 2001-03-24, 04:24
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

A way to mark a forum as read (a la EZBoard). When starting to read a forum for the first time, if it's a busy one, sometimes it's hard to know where to start.. if you can mark it all read to clear it out, then start reading it as the threads appear after that, it might make the board more manageable for a new user.
 #5 
Old 2001-03-24, 06:11
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Next to the forum title, it says how many new posts have been made since the last time you were in it. Not the last time you were on totse, but the last time you were in that specific forum.
 #6 
Old 2001-03-24, 12:34
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I think it would be nice if you could tell how many times a page had been viewed....

Just an idea....
 #7 
Old 2001-03-24, 15:39
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions


...ahh, for the computer impared would you mind sharing what the hell telenet is... I know I'm asking for it, but... and is it just me or are their new archieve choices on the side of the screen now (zines, viruses)..
 #8 
Old 2001-03-25, 05:01
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

instant messages
improved chat rooms
and changing the armchair quarterback name to something else

i think some program you can download like AIM would be cool with a pull down menu containing the archived stuff thats currently on the left of the screen now would be kinda sweet. i don't know though
 #9 
Old 2001-03-25, 18:13
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Someone should actually start a real island, and come kidnap me and Dewtard.
 #10 
Old 2001-03-25, 23:17
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

List of members currently present in &totse, i.e. a side bar of sorts with the nicks of people who are in the bbs at any given time. So you don't have to go into a chat room to find out who's in at the moment. But then again that would be another form of instant messaging.
 #11 
Old 2001-03-25, 23:22
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

ps: fixing the spell checker would be a good idea.
 #12 
Old 2001-03-26, 09:27
kittenfish kittenfish is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I've seen all the features you describe implemented in Various UBB sites around the web, One place to *see* the features you describe in action is www.hipmama.com, particularly *todays active topics* and * Last Hour*, you should be able to implement them yourself by modding the boards, check out http://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/Ultimate.cgi and http://ubbforums.infopop.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Cheers
 #13 
Old 2001-03-26, 18:08
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Where the hell did you come from? *scratches his head blankly*
 #14 
Old 2001-03-27, 00:16
Vmax600 Vmax600 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Make a whole catorgory dedicated to MRS.BUTTERWORTH
 #15 
Old 2001-03-27, 00:58
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

The vast reaches of cyberspace hold many wonders, Matius.
 #16 
Old 2001-03-27, 06:10
cold cold is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

YAY~!!! My first post! Finally got that password email thingy workin!!!
 #17 
Old 2001-03-27, 16:38
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions


I'd like a power search so you can search for posters by user (when you want to see what (or if) a user thinks), title (for that post you read and have know lost), since last logged, etc. etc.

Private messages are an extension of this. It is just a search for TO USERID which you can perform if your logged in as ... you get the idea - I'm rambling. Although you can't do that in the UK at the moment with the <irony>foot in mouth epidemic in little old England</irony>

~Kameron
Madness takes its toll, please have exact change.

 #18 
Old 2001-03-28, 06:09
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Some sort of repository for links moderators rutinly have to give out like altavista and such?

And something that helps me sleep at night. Or at least feel refreshed when I don't sleep.
 #19 
Old 2001-03-28, 17:17
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

A built in newbie FAQ is still a good idea...
 #20 
Old 2001-03-28, 19:35
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

How about sending a newbie FAQ in the E-mail along with the password.
 #21 
Old 2001-03-29, 12:21
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

... the new message scan was the light bulbs on the side of the screen, right? Well they arn't work'n for me... and I'm hopeless without them... it's like, ehh have I read this before or not?, every time I come here. They either arn't there or all of them are lightin-up... no help.
 #22 
Old 2001-03-30, 04:44
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

That happens to me too on my other computer, but on this one its fine. I don't know why it's doing it, it's gotta be something with the browser settings.
 #23 
Old 2001-03-30, 10:54
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Do you have your cookies enabled. I think that will happen if the totse cookie isn't saved.

------------------
Remember the golden rule:
Those with the gold make the rules.
 #24 
Old 2001-03-30, 21:42
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I want to be moderator of a text free forumn.
I feel it would be appropriate for me to be involved in a forumn geared toward "word reduction" cause , you know...how I go on and on- "pic is worth a 1000 etc."
It would be like a page of blank thumbnail place holders and users could submit/post bitmaps or jpegs or whatever visual type thing they wanted to anonymously and the pics
could "speak a thousand words", maybe. Remeber in the LIFE mags, they'd have those special "family of man" pics? or they could post their pics, maybe? maybe not, but never any descriptions, just like a sort of mysterious bowl of candy or chex mix on the table at a party.

The posts would expire 36-48-72?hrs. later and then the space would open up again. The moderator would regularly check throughout the day to be sure no obscene/unacceptable pics had been posted and if found would delete and forward offenders ip to sysop for
whatever handslapping/castrating or otherwise deemed appropriate disclipinary measures were indicated. It would be cool! There could be a randomly located "Daily double" of sorts, but only have it come up like once every 500 clicks(it could take a long time for the thumbs to load, no, I mean for the pic to load if you clicked on a thumb ,yeah) or something sufficiently discouraging to those who would seek it out, but when it did come up whoever got it would get a tshirt that said "I saw it on" (in little letters) and the "@TOTSE " across the front, and maybe the "O" could be one of the cool 'read, know, do' circles. And especially cool pics could be archived, maybe if there could be a counter on each space, set to zero each time a new pic was posted and then pics that had been clicked on lots and lots would go in the archive. I downloaded this program called thumbs plus, I don't have a clue about making things interactive, but anyhow...I see it as a user could right click on the pic of choice and cut or copy and then in the equivalent of post new message window in this forumn they'd
paste, and it wouldnt be anonymous, just the info on who posted it or what it was would not appear anywhere, simple as that , potluck /luckypot pics, picluck, luckyclick pic...uh, as yet no name.???or maybe it could just be like the "add attachment" features on some e-mail pages where if you hit browse it takes you into your files, that is probably more realistic, I don't know, I will be moderator, you do the magic part.
Ok, thats my idea.
Well???


Knock Knock...


Uh, Western Union!?..telegram!??...

Knock Kno...Little birds, starving in Africa?

fine....
 #25 
Old 2001-03-31, 19:40
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I would like to see a e-mail notification option if you reply to a message so that you can keep track of a topic you might not have started but participate in..
I would also like to see more descriptions other than member regular and Mod as someone with 60 posts is not in the same league as a regular with 600.
Oh and the light bulbs that say if anything in that topic has changed don't work on my computer any more they say every one has a new post but when i visit the forum it doesn't always have a topic with a red folder next to it...
Oh I also like to see a something on the topic page that says how many times the page has been viewed or how many people have viewed it.


[This message has been edited by Mustard (edited 03-31-2001).]
 #26 
Old 2001-04-01, 04:54
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

There already is an option for e-mail notification. I for one don't have a use for it, I check up on topics in totse more often then I check my e-mail.

...I like winki's idea. But maybe even a little room for a small caption under the picture would be appropriate.
 #27 
Old 2001-04-01, 09:21
gourangachild gourangachild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I would personally like to (along with modding DIY) moderate a 'favorite quotes' section, because some people have some really interesting quotes at the end of their posts. I also have a lot of favorite quotes to contribute. They could be from movies, songs, or even other members of &totse. They would also have to say the original author and piece it was taken from, and maybe even a critique on how it was good. I will also accept anyone who would like to co-mod this with me.
 #28 
Old 2001-04-03, 23:12
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I think you should switch to a modified version of UBB6, since it'd be easier on the old server. Speaking of which... these pages take forever to download, even on a fast (10 megabit) connection. Are all the images fully optimized and everything?
 #29 
Old 2001-04-04, 07:10
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I try to be nice and offer my times but enigma no wanna mea to helpa.
 #30 
Old 2001-04-08, 03:20
Valhalla Valhalla is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

THIS SITE NEEDS A FULL COMMUNITY CHAT
 #31 
Old 2001-04-08, 08:02
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

there is one
 #32 
Old 2001-04-09, 02:11
natasOmars natasOmars is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

when, where& what time sorry Im new to this .com
 #33 
Old 2001-04-10, 06:31
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Do you not see a big button that says "CHAT" on the side?
 #34 
Old 2001-04-11, 19:11
natasOmars natasOmars is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

GOT IT ... WHEN I POSTED THAT QUESTION I HAD JUST THEN SIGHED ON SO I HADN�T CHECKED OUT THE SITE YET THANXS *K*
 #35 
Old 2001-04-12, 02:35
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i don't wanna brag or anything, but hey now c'mon, what the fuck do ya think about how i'm doin in the better living through chemistry forum? i'm backin off with the insults in the lab tips too. we need moderator presence in BLTC and i'm your guy; i mean hey, i've been getting direct questions. I've got the the skills, what do you say? How bout a trial run, like a money back guarantee. Ohh i got it. If it doesnt work out for ya, ill stay out of lab tips till july. hows that?

I mean where the fuck is this Mr Clean? mad doesnt do much in there either but ya know its not all fun for him, he's a busy guy, but its fun for me. Put me in coach.
 #36 
Old 2001-04-13, 13:22
Morbo Morbo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

dont do it! slpwlkr is bad!
 #37 
Old 2001-04-15, 11:56
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

mr clean is often has active posts
and they r accurate too....
accuracy is important in better living through chemistry!
 #38 
Old 2001-04-17, 02:22
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Just for enigma

http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/final-rev.gif

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

[This message has been edited by enigma (edited 04-18-2001).]
 #39 
Old 2001-04-17, 06:10
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i am accurate. where have you been you moron. the only time you've ever been in better living through chemistry is when you glorified crack in some ghetto slang dislexic jumble of consenents that you call a vocabulary.
 #40 
Old 2001-04-18, 07:58
enigma enigma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

slpwlkr333: Yes, you're accurate. You sometimes try to help people and post some interesting stuff. You also blow up at the slightest provocation and are easily pissed off.

A moderator has to be able to put up with all kinds of stupidty and answer all sorts of questions, even if the answer seems obvious or if you've heard the question a million times before. Knowledge of the subject matter is an important quality in a moderator, but so is patience, an ability to withstand criticism, and a deep understanding of the evils of censorship. (i.e. I don't like for moderators to delete messages.)

Still think you could do it?
 #41 
Old 2001-04-18, 08:14
enigma enigma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Kameron: Thanks for the image. I changed it to a link, 'cause the image was so large.

Back to the subject at hand...

Most of the ideas people have thrown out here are things I'm thinking about. There was a lot of functionality in old-style dial-up BBS systems that is missing in these new web-based systems.

Fer instance... when I used to log into the old dial-up system, the first thing it would ask is "Check for new messages to YOU?" If you clicked YES you'd get all of the new messages since the last time you logged in that were replies to messages YOU wrote. Not just threads you'd started, but the individual messages you yourself had written.

In UBB you can't do this because replies are to a THREAD, not to an INDIVIDUAL.

Another thing you could do was a NEW MESSAGE SCAN and TOPIC SUBSCRIPTIONS. You could select what topics you were most interested in, and then scan for new messages in those topics. Anything new in those topics since the last time you READ THAT TOPIC would show up in a threaded fashion. You didn't have to scroll down a page and figure out where you left off, because the BBS knew where you left off.

There were also private messages you could send to people, you could see who else was on-line, and chat or play head-to-head games with them.

On the administrator's side, you could select how long you wanted to keep posts on-line, set maximum numbers of posts per topic, and move individual messages between topics. Lots of tasks could be automated so you never had to manually intervene in anything. (Like deleting user records of people who haven't logged on in years.)

That's the sort of system I'd like to build.

[This message has been edited by enigma (edited 04-18-2001).]
 #42 
Old 2001-04-18, 17:46
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

*Reflects*
 #43 
Old 2001-04-19, 15:43
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I admit it. The truth is I'm a statistics junkie. This is why I use Eudora as a mail client because it does lots of stats.

Could this kinda thing be done in totse. We could have stats on people over and above the number of posts. I think there could be more levels of membership on top of Mod/Reg/Member. These states could be based on per person stats.

There could be per thread/forum stats
Time dependent stats
And whole Board stats

Come to think of it have you ever heard of Online Analytic Processing, that OAP cubes were thought up to do just that.

OK OK I'm getting carried away but you get the Idea

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #44 
Old 2001-04-20, 00:01
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I have been thinking about having more membership ratings dictated by the number of posts (regular and member being the only ones that are dictated by the number of posts at present) and have come to the conclusion that they are bad. I do not believe that someone who has 100 posts full of rubbish should get more respect/rated higher than someone with fewer good posts. I have seen a forum run on UBB ( www.Undergroundnews.com ) that has a user are rating system where users are rated by other users of the BBS by a voting type system. I don't know if this is a good idea but I believe it to be better than a rating system based purely on the number of posts.

------------------
Do as I say, Not as I do.
 #45 
Old 2001-04-20, 06:28
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

my cynicism is my main character trait or flaw, however you wanna look at it. i get the information across and its mostly just people like dankgirl and morbo that tell me that my info is wrong when in fact it is not that gets to me. No, deleting messages isnt my thing. Id rather leave the flaws of others out there to see. Ive wanted to archive some of the important dicussions we've had but clean them up by removing some of the useless comments in them- e.g. stuff on jimson weed and otc anti-vertigo medications like dramamine. i noticed the drug archive is empty and i think we've had some really good faq come up, not to mention great stuff on the do's and don'ts of the new teen fav DXM. I should be getting my meds adjusted this monday the 23rd of april 2001 if its any consolation, mostly because of my violent temper that has manifested itself for the most part in reality and not online. Shit, that makes me wonder what i'll get.
 #46 
Old 2001-04-20, 22:05
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I am all infavor of some kind of "dynamic" quality and may be some more levels of membership. But I don't want them to be based on voting (even of underground that is seperate from membership and its just a gimmick) but on presence, reads, topic posts, reply posts, time on line, frequency etc or any combo of these to produce a membership status.

I'd still like a better search.


------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #47 
Old 2001-04-21, 00:09
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Unless enigma gives singular titles to specific people, they're pretty much useless. We all have our individual opinions about each other, and regardless of whether someone's an idiot or intelligent, it doesn't take a word or two under their name for us to know it.
 #48 
Old 2001-04-21, 00:38
cntrdcton0fate cntrdcton0fate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Who ever turned this into a contest to obtain high statues anyway?.........
 #49 
Old 2001-04-21, 01:47
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Enigma, while I appreciate your dislike of the flat file bbs such as UBB, UBB6 is a lot faster than 5.47, and I believe with not *too* much work it could be modded to do all the things that have been posted in this thread, and possibly more.. There might be a couple of things that would be a little hard to implement, but mostly I think it could work, if you chose to go that route. Writing your own forum from scratch is a fairly big undertaking.. I think that modifying ubb6 would take less time.

But if you don't want to go that route, I don't blame you, although I'm a fan of UBB's (kinda cool to see someone posting a link from one site I mod at for another ), I realise there are still some bugs to be worked out, and other things that need to be worked on before v6 becomes a really great product.. UBB6.1 will be the next release, probably within the next couple of weeks, which will have a lot of new parts and features to it.

If you *are* going to write your own, it's something I'd be interested in helping with, actually, if you wanted to modify UBB too, I'd like to help, if you think you want/need my input.
Just drop me a line and let me know.
 #50 
Old 2001-04-22, 08:33
OptaKon the Misfited OptaKon the Misfited is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i think something on ftp would be nice
 #51 
Old 2001-04-22, 08:55
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

What need would there be for ftp access?
 #52 
Old 2001-04-22, 21:50
enigma enigma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by Suziegirl:
Writing your own forum from scratch is a fairly big undertaking.. I think that modifying ubb6 would take less time.


When I started my first BBS, I was the fourth user of a piece of software called the DMG BBS System, which was written by a friend of mine. It had hundreds of great features, was written in Turbo Pascal, and it came with source code.

Unfortunately, it also had some deep bugs, and once a month or so the whole thing would crash horribly, often wiping out the user database, the message database, or both at the same time. The biggest problem was that my friend wrote his own database (there were no free databases available at the time that he could use) and writing a database from scratch is hard.

After about six months of this, I decided that I really wanted to run a BBS, not write one, so I switched to QBBS. About two weeks later I heard about Remote Access, which was a QBBS clone (or possibly some ripped-off, re-engineered QBBS source code -- rumours vary). I switched to that, and used it for the next nine years.

Now totse is on the web, and the web-based BBS software I found that I liked best is UBB, but it still lacks many of the features I had with Remote Access. Most of the features that I want that it lacks can be traced directly to the fact that it uses flat files for message and user info storage, which simply do not scale well if your system has more than a few thousand messages or users.

Because of the fact that the flat files are thread-based, trying to efficiently organize messages by the user who wrote a message, or by who the message was written to, becomes a matter of synchronizing multiple flat file indexes, similar to how UBB organizes the user database. This is really hard to do well, similar in many ways to trying to write a database from scratch -- prone to errors and problems with synchronizing the various indexes. The solution is to use an off-the-shelf database, and if you do that you're pretty much locked into re-writing everything from scratch.

Which brings me back to my original dilemma -- I'd rather run a BBS than write one. If I could find software that does what I want, I'll switch. If not, I'll write my own, but I know that's a huge undertaking.
 #53 
Old 2001-04-22, 22:59
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Have you looked into Vbulletin? It's probably the next best after UBB, and it uses a mysql database rather than flat file..

And you're right, it would be hard to get UBB to do all the things you're talking about..

And scalability is a big problem for UBB's too, they have a reputation for server killing.. the bigger your user base, the worse the problem. I don't know much about OpenTopic, the heavyweight big brother of UBB, but I do know it's expensive, so probably not a good way to go..

From what I know about bulletin boards, which is a relatively large amount, to find an off the shelf product that will do what you want, or be easily modified to do what you want, you're looking at dropping a lot of cash.. I would imagine totse's users number easily in the thousands, so you really need something pretty damn stable.. and writing your own probably isn't going to be, although I agree, it might be the only way to get exactly what you want.

I think one of the more adaptible systems out there, snowboard, the one used by IGN.com, is pretty cool, could probably be what you want, but I don't think they're selling it, everyone using it is a network partner I believe..

The only thing I can say, is if you wrote the kind of forums you're thinking about successfully, you could make a hell of a lot of money.. With the kind of features you're talking about, I think it would be pretty damn popular.

I'd say that UBB and vbulletin are probably your two best contenders, and neither is really what you want.. writing your own does seem to be the best option right now..
 #54 
Old 2001-04-25, 07:19
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

maybe i missed something since i haven't been able to access my email for days and probably won't for awhile because my comp is being a bitch about forwarding through secure areas and blah blah blah so on, i should be getting a non-obselete one soon but what happened to what we were talking about the connection between me and the need of moderators(especially accurate ones) in better living through chemistry?
 #55 
Old 2001-04-25, 19:02
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Couldn't you stick something/reasonable facsimile-> yahoo messenger? shows whos currently online, instant messenging and if someone leaves you a message while you are not online it pops up 1st off when you login the next time.

Is it impractical to think that a specific search tool for the community part of totse might be employed. So if you typed in the name of an old thread or a users name it would give results? sort of the way "search post by this registered user works(ed)? in the view profile page via 1st icon above post?

Also, what about a forumn or link to post a message attached/available at the bottom of the archieved files texts? Nothing that would become part of anything permanent of course, just a place where the posters de jour could
exchange comments on the specific text files.
Sort of a grande introspection at the dermatologic level?

Anyway, mostly why not empower the sign-in process, which seems, as things are now, to me at least, pretty much pointless- I still have to type in my name and password the first time I post in any given session, so what is the point?

Where it like Yahoo, I'd sign in, see who else was on, see any messages sent me while not logged in and be able to go to a number of different areas, which here don't really apply, but the initial processing of info seems pretty comprehensive. I guess maybe one way to mutate it would be a feature by where rather than choosing your 'favorite chat room' to be kept a click away, one could choose their favorite forumns or maybe even "last 5, 10..posts by so and so?"

I don't know how applicable or not any of this would be, but it seems like with the talent you have it ought to be a no-brainer to mimic yahoo and adjust it to your own purposes.....

I don't have any piano wire, so don't even ask.
it is done
 #56 
Old 2001-04-25, 19:30
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Psst winki.. Search function is at the top of every page..
http://www.totse.com/bin/bbs/search.cgi?action=intro&default=1

As for the rest, well, all the things you're talking about can easily be done on a UBB, Private messaging, who's online, etc.. Login too (although that's better implemented in UBB6 than in the 5.x series hack)..

 #57 
Old 2001-04-25, 20:04
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

pssst, I know, but it doesn't seem to include the contents of or contributors to the "community" area of totse. At least last time I tried to find something that way it didn't.
 #58 
Old 2001-04-29, 07:16
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

me no gonna become moderator? i became nicer, made much improvement.:/ eh?
 #59 
Old 2001-04-29, 09:21
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

The silence is beautiful, beats the shit out of "oh, just forget it, idiot jeeez". I should have tried the link you included before replying. Still on the pages I get, clicking on either the search at lower left along w/ other rectangular links to areas or the one upper left above login window area, neither of those takes me to the search that your link did, so I was sorta 'justified in being clueless'. Gee now there's a title to be proud of eh? Oh well, time to go color eggs for tommorow, jk.
 #60 
Old 2001-04-29, 15:28
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Well the link I gave you, only searches the UBB, it's the same as the link you'll see at the top of every ubb page, next to "profile" and all those other cute links
 #61 
Old 2001-04-30, 05:28
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Winki, I automaticly log on. Do you have cookies enabled? If not try turning them on.

------------------
I would rather be a smartass than a dumbass
 #62 
Old 2001-05-02, 22:22
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

She runs off terminals and doesn't use her own computer.
 #63 
Old 2001-05-03, 09:15
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

k9girl is gone and madchemist is almost non-existant, as well as acidmelt. people want me to be a mod. pwease? i mellowed out, read it for yourself. oh did you check out my post in the boron/beryllium topic in lab tips?
 #64 
Old 2001-05-03, 15:03
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Anyone can see this is TOTALLY the wrong topic for whining to be a mod. Email enigma ONCE, and then quit.
 #65 
Old 2001-05-05, 11:22
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Stop going on about how you want to be a mod. If enigma thinks you should be one he will say, until then you pestering him and everyone who has viewed this thread as it is probably not helping your case much.

------------------
Do as I say, Not as I do.
Visit my BSS Deaths Kitchen www.fieldings43.freeserve.co.uk/DK.htm
 #66 
Old 2001-05-05, 19:04
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i would- if i could use my email
ahh, mustard, nice contribution from an upstanding member in this forum like yourself. winki and suziegirl i can understand...

maybe i should just sum this up with:
"unless this pertains to you, i guess you should just mind your business and keep talking about UBB or whatever jarble you two throw back and forth at eachother in here, and not worry about what i'm doing in here, since it isn't your forum "

do we need clarification on that?
 #67 
Old 2001-05-06, 03:08
m1066ad m1066ad is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Hi folks (waves) hadn't posted in a while. Enigma spoke! Sorry I'm no help, my expertise lies in more mechanical areas
 #68 
Old 2001-05-06, 21:33
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Dewtard? wtf are you talking about?
I may have seen every search link but the one at the very top, but hey at least I did finally seen it now that I did, "run on terminals? Can I get spanked for telling a mod to shut up? thanks for the thought, Prometheus, cookies are enabled, just a loose nut behind the wheel. Can I be a floating "profound" inspector mod? I'll put little "found" tags on especially insightful or timelessly ironic posts, nothing of mine ever, of course! I could give a few examples...*bracing for rejection*

(I'll get spanked one way or another goddammit!)
 #69 
Old 2001-05-07, 06:40
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

hmm anyone of a respectable maturity level been in chat recently? kids getting ops status who aren't mods, newbies getting booted for "power" reasons. saddenning. i was banned by a non-op, who was op-ing when a mod was present, who probably shouldn't op at all since he was having a mental breakdown and booting newbie visitors, who were amazed at the site left and right, but hey, pull a record and see for yourself. the irc has gone to shit, completely.
 #70 
Old 2001-05-07, 08:12
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I was there when you got all upetty for no good reason. Is that what you were talking about?
 #71 
Old 2001-05-07, 10:18
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I wouldn't say that #Totse has gone to shit. Although I haven't been in it as much as I use to be. Mainly because it seems that "channel operator" status has turned into a power trip for some. As far as kids getting "OP status" are you bitter slpwlkr? After all you are just a "kid" yourself.
 #72 
Old 2001-05-08, 00:05
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Mental breakdown is a perfect excuse to boot Guests and you slpwlkr.
 #73 
Old 2001-05-08, 01:40
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Z3m- no, you weren't there for what i'm talking about. I'm mostly pertaining to the letter D(non-op, who somehow was given "the power" and abused it) and the letter B(op), who doesn't seem to be much of a social like making remarks like "i hate you" to regulars" and booting newbies who were amazed at totse, and asking who ran it.

Bongboy- Whatelse can i say- you are pathetically juvenille, and you wonder why the gov't doesn't take "our"*shudders* generation serious about things as simple as marajuana legalization; possibly upstanding loner's who go on cyber power trips to get back at real world enemies that have turned them away, so you do the same to people you really don't know. Maybe it might be time to sign off the next time you decide to take your "real world" aggresions out on people minding their own business in a PUBLIC chat.

Temp- bitter; no, pissed about "kids" with huge judgement lapses; yes.Yes, #totse chat tends to draw the excentric, but why have those who can potentially have huge fluctuations in mood, therefore effecting their op ability, since they don't seem to be grown up enough to take operating a chat seriously? I could care less if i was an op or not, i just don't appreciate seeing newbies who want to join get booted and the topic something like "WE LOVE THE POWER(DILUTED)"- who isn't even an op. Oh, and i can understand the_real banning me the one time, but i was banned by the letter D(non-op) to impress his buddy B. It was just us 3 in the chat, i love that, no defense. Op status is pathetic for non-gen-xers if you ask me( besides lokil), since no one seems to be mature enough to handle it(i personally don't care about being one, just weeding out power abusers, and those who give op power to non-ops who abuse it)
 #74 
Old 2001-05-08, 07:11
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Maybe you should try a channel that is run in a manner you find pleasing?
 #75 
Old 2001-05-08, 07:18
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

*wonders if this is a penis envy type thing*
 #76 
Old 2001-05-08, 07:55
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by Templeton:
*wonders if this is a penis envy type thing*


LOL bongboy and diluted?(*counts their pubic hair on both hands*)



[This message has been edited by slpwlkr333 (edited 05-09-2001).]
 #77 
Old 2001-05-14, 02:03
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

enigma, I noticed you added a few new links. Like http://www.disinfo.com/ for instance. It's a great site, but these links are spread out over the board and I wonder how many people actually notice them?
 #78 
Old 2001-05-14, 05:40
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Heh, oopsi. Sorry winki, I got you confused with k9 again. I do that a lot. Sorry.
 #79 
Old 2001-05-21, 09:13
East Coast Pariah East Coast Pariah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I'm really enjoying the ZERO intimidation factor in the #totse chat now that there are ZERO ops. #tron and cotse fucks all over laughing at everyone....great stuff; thank you totse.
 #80 
Old 2001-05-22, 02:17
zao9 zao9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

you need to make an archive for i found it on the web not just bulletins
 #81 
Old 2001-05-22, 05:06
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

yeah... um. there is a slight problem with the channel...

enigma, i must ask you why your pals from #tron are claiming soveriegnity over us.

are you saying that we betrayed you? im not angry or anything, its just suprising.
 #82 
Old 2001-05-22, 06:03
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

This sux i miss the old #totse chat: chiz, m1, Jaded, lokil, winki, temp, real, dank, lost, krazd, barroom,diluted, bongman, dewtard, Z3,Ain, etc.... No one comes anymore, they hate the hostility from the #tronnies and some coste's that just sit there and wait for someone to come in(sit there idle for days at a time) and then randomly comment or just plain make the enviornment unfriendly and way too new. I dunno man, whats up, where is everyone?
 #83 
Old 2001-05-22, 10:46
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I'm in laundry room if you must know. So are all of you, you just haven't realized it yet.

------------------
You're in a laundry room, You're in a laundry room, the clue just came to you? Oh.
 #84 
Old 2001-05-23, 06:02
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

there are clothes scattered all over; i guess this is a laundry room. They're piled up everywhere.
 #85 
Old 2001-05-24, 00:31
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Who cares, its just a chat. Go get laid and get high, thats more fun anyways...
 #86 
Old 2001-05-25, 02:50
and_totse and_totse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

lol, Dewtard got laid all right...I think you've lost your specialness...
 #87 
Old 2001-05-25, 05:03
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

awwwwww shit to crap! i had a really good idea then when i logged on, i lost my train of thought...

sorry

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #88 
Old 2001-05-30, 01:25
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Hey, i would really enjoy administrating a new board about Out of body experiences, Trips, Dreams, And other experiences as such. There isn't an area for people to tell about wierd shit that's happened to them while in altered states, higher conscienceness, etc. Please get back to me at BleedingStatue@Aol.com to let me know. Thanks
 #89 
Old 2001-05-30, 04:18
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i remember now...i think each individual person should be able to bookmark their favorite board sections...then have them first in the list of sections...

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #90 
Old 2001-06-02, 19:14
erectiledysfunction erectiledysfunction is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

You have awesome content, but i think your site could use a better layout! Sorry but the buttons on the side dont look so hot.
Sorry if what I sed you really didn't want to hear.

------------------
I like my coffe tall dark and strong like my cellmates
 #91 
Old 2001-06-10, 10:42
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by erectiledysfunction:
You have awesome content, but i think your site could use a better layout! Sorry but the buttons on the side dont look so hot.
Sorry if what I sed you really didn't want to hear.




You shouldn't be smiling at your spelling ability!

 #92 
Old 2001-06-10, 20:26
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

does he need huked on phoonix?

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #93 
Old 2001-06-18, 17:18
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

...I dont get it
 #94 
Old 2001-06-20, 00:01
pimp pimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

how do i become a moderator
 #95 
Old 2001-07-01, 03:57
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

pimp- *covers mouth and runs out of room*
 #96 
Old 2001-07-06, 01:27
ben1919 ben1919 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i would put up some cool sites were you can download some cool hcking stuff just a thouht
 #97 
Old 2001-07-09, 23:21
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

hey enigma, i was hoping you could make me the moderator of backyard ballistics, ive been there for a long time, and know a LOT about explosives and the such. about 80 percent of my posts are in that forum. pretty much all of them are very informative and relevant. i have a very unbiased oppinion, and rarely "blow up" with anger at an individual. i try to answer everyones questions as well as i can, and respect everyones opinions.

The Real and eod are probably beter than me in the field, but The Real had gotten busted and said he would barely ever post here again. he was probably the best at this. there was also eod, he was really good, but he has been really really busy with his military duties and such so he seldom posts now.

for proof on my knowledge in this field, check out some of my posts in the backyard ballistics forum.

also, here is a thread in which many people recommend me as moderator. http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum19/HTML/000484.html

so whadya say?
 #98 
Old 2001-07-10, 03:19
zao9 zao9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

definetly make unstable a moderator he is very smart when it comes to explosives
 #99 
Old 2001-07-11, 15:06
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i feel like such an asshole for posting this- http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/001272.html
 #100 
Old 2001-07-18, 17:16
Psychonaut Psychonaut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Mr. Clean is the asshole...

---------------------

I want to tell you all that i am neur0t0xicity with a new name.
enigma, i emailed you about this, but could you make my new name mod for I Found It On The Web and delete the mod status for Neur0t0xicity?
thx before hand.
 #101 
Old 2001-07-18, 17:18
neur0t0xicity neur0t0xicity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

posting just to clear up any suspision...
 #102 
Old 2001-07-20, 00:46
chupe chupe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Getting back to the BB thing: I've found YaBB 1 Gold to be wonderful.
http://www.sexsexworld.com/forum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=

That's a site running it. It is beautiful and I want to make love to it.
 #103 
Old 2001-07-20, 21:35
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Now that's a BBS!

*drools*
 #104 
Old 2001-07-21, 15:48
freakangel freakangel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

wow.
wen is totse becoming some like that?
no offense.

but another great idea would be. (i saw it at my bf�s bbs) that wen u enter the forum, u can see who is on.


------------------


[This message has been edited by freakangel (edited 07-21-2001).]
 #105 
Old 2001-07-27, 13:01
ZeroDegreez ZeroDegreez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Hi, Im a new member, and Im just posting to say that this site is great. I found it about a month ago, and now i check it almost as often as I check sports. Thanx.
 #106 
Old 2001-08-14, 17:54
-@OsiriS@- -@OsiriS@- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I'm just posting

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #107 
Old 2001-08-21, 03:11
imazzo imazzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I would like to place this post in regards to my husband. He was arrested at a friend�s apt and charged with possession, intent to distribute and the smuggling of ecstacy which he now faces 20 years.

I know, my husband knows and even the friend very well admitted that my husband had nothing to do with the over 900,000 pills of ecstacy found in his friends apt. One problem, his so-called friend won�t admit that to the authorities.

I�m placing this post in an attempt to raise money to help pay for my husbands defense, Our bank accounts have already been frozen and whatever funds we�ve had liquid have been exhausted. I�m using my maiden name for this purpose so I can spare further insult to my husband. I�m staying over my sister�s along with my son. If anyone can help, I�ll appreciate whatever you can send. Please try not to send personal checks for I have no place to cash them. My family has been sending me U.S.P.S money orders. Please send whatever you can to Ioney Mazzo 95-60 Queens Blvd. Ste 610 Rego Park, NY 11374. I thank you in advance.
 #108 
Old 2001-08-22, 06:56
kenoshastud kenoshastud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Can the Bible be trusted?
Several questions arise when we consider the trustworthiness of the Bible.

What is its source?
Could the source be wrong?
Do we accept what is recorded by this source as being accurate and applicable to our current-day lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who wrote the Bible?
The original manuscripts that make up the Bible were written over a 1,500 year time span by more than 40 authors from every walk of life including kings, peasants, philosophers, fishermen, poets, statesmen, and scholars. They were written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek; in times of war and times of peace; and written on three different continents: Asia, Africa and Europe.

Can the writers of the Bible be wrong?
Without question, the Bible writers' personalities, writing styles, perspectives, and distinctives are reflected in their words. But their accounts are more than the words of men - they are the Word of God. The Bible writers were guided in their writing to go where God wanted them to go and to produce what God wanted them to produce.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. [2 Timothy 3:16-17]

The Bible writers were not inspired as great artists are 'inspired' to produce great art. The word translated 'inspired' means "God-breathed." The Greek word is theopneustos, from two Greek words: theos, meaning "God," and pneo, meaning "to breathe". It conveys the idea of God "breathing out" the Scriptures. And since the word for "breath" can also be translated "spirit," we can easily see the work of the Holy Spirit as he superintended the writing.

Doctrine of Biblical Inerrancy
One of the most vexing controversies within conservative Protestantism since World War 2 has focused on the doctrine of biblical inerrancy. "Inerrancy" means "without error - containing no mistakes or errors in the original writings, and having no errors in any area whatsoever." Inerrancy is the view that when all the facts become known, they will demonstrate that the Bible in its original autographs and correctly interpreted is entirely true and never false. This is true not only when it speaks of salvation, ethical values and morality, but it is also without error on all subjects about which it speaks, including history, the cosmos, as well as the prophetic text.


The Old Testament, one of the most ancient of books, is always marvelously accurate when it touches scientific questions; whereas ALL other books a hundred years old, whenever touching such questions are full of glaring, and often foolish mistakes.

A scientist once wrote to the British Association apologizing for not having a paper printed. He stated, "anything printed is ipso facto out of date."

The Bible has proven itself historically accurate. No historical revelations disprove the Bible's account of history. New historical findings continue to verify the accuracy of the Bible's historical basis.

The Bible has proven to be archaeologically accurate. No archaeological evidence has ever been unearthed that disproves the Bible's account of civilizations and cultures that have existed since the beginning of man's life on earth.

The Bible has proven itself prophetically accurate. Hundreds of prophesies recorded in the Bible have been fulfilled to the letter, centuries after they were recorded. The only exception are those pertaining to the return of Jesus Christ to establish His reign on earth, and the subsequent establishing of the new heavens and the new earth.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"
Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. (Matthew 4:1-11)

Jesus bears witness to the Bible's inerrancy where He emphasizes that the actual written words of Scripture can be trusted, not just the ideas they contain. Jesus demonstrated the power of the words of Scripture to defeat Satan when he tempted Him. We have that same weapon available to us today - the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Eph. 6:17).

Do we accept the Bible as our authority?
The Bible is central to Christian life and faith as it is the very life and Word of God. God's Word must be received, believed and obeyed as the final authority in all things pertaining to life and godliness.

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18)

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. (John 14:21)

Some people might reject the Bible as the Word of God because to them, it just doesn't feel right. However, how you feel about the Bible does not define the Bible. In fact, our feelings are the most unreliable indicators of the meaning of anything. Nor does our experience define the Word of God, rather the Word of God corrects, rebukes and teaches us how to live. God's Word must be dealt with based upon the meaning of words within the context of all of Scripture.

It must be used in the church as the final authority in all matters for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteous living (2 Ti. 3:16-17). One cannot submit to Christ's lordship without submitting to God and His Word as the ultimate authority.

Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32)

 #109 
Old 2001-08-22, 10:01
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by imazzo:
Ioney Mazzo 95-60 Queens Blvd. Ste 610 Rego Park, NY 11374. I thank you in advance.

Yea i'm gonna send some fuck-up e-tard money. I don't care if your husband did it or not. What is he rolling around with some dude with almost a tricks worth of pills anyway. Sheet, y'all might as well look elsewhere cause i can tell you now, ain't no one gonna give you a dime for your troubles, information is the exchange that goes on here besides how Lokil buys his friends, but i don't think some Foxy(5-Meo-Dipt[N,N-5-diisopropyltryptamine]) is gonna pay for your husbands bail since he sounds just about fubared to me. Lata, and sorry that shit had to happen, but like, goddamn, you a little new to be asking for charity. Shit, the real was in jail and so was Cleen, as well as some other headz and didn't ask
for re-starting money or nothing so don't front like you are the only one who's ever been in a crisis.
 #110 
Old 2001-08-23, 04:19
The Man Express The Man Express is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

hey kenoshastud will you stop posting that bible shit no one gives a fuck and same with that fuck that wants people to send him cash
 #111 
Old 2001-08-23, 16:33
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Maybe there should be a forum dedicated to humor and jokes. In spurious generalities, there's all these, whether i find them funny or not, jokes. They include racism, stupidity, and materials that actually offend many ppl. Not only that, it makes the more interesting topics fall off the charts. Maybe these, ummm, what's a good word to call them? Oh, humurous ppl would actually enjoy this forum rather than cluttering spurious. I'll mod it if ya want, Enigma. Tha's up to you though. Yes, I know your strong belief in censorship and I hold the same views, but if you can find a better person to moderate it. Then, I won't lose any sleep over it. I've heard you've been M.I.A. lately in the aspect of this bbs. So, if you check this....my email is dankgirl313@yahoo.com

take care!
 #112 
Old 2001-08-27, 08:24
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

how about an administrator who does his job?
 #113 
Old 2001-08-29, 23:18
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:

Perhaps you'd all like him to give you $1000 for being valuable totse members...[?]



 #114 
Old 2001-08-31, 17:41
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Sounds like a nice reward.

------------------
Nicht die Notdurft, nicht die Begierde, nein, die Liebe zur Macht ist der D�mon der Menschen.
 #115 
Old 2001-09-03, 05:46
binaryrevolution binaryrevolution is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Just testin.
 #116 
Old 2001-09-03, 17:09
The Man Express The Man Express is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

we should be able to se how meany times a post has been viewed look at theas forms http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/disco-official.php
 #117 
Old 2001-09-03, 22:03
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

newbies...
 #118 
Old 2001-09-16, 20:30
James1rob James1rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

WE WANT BAD IDEAS
 #119 
Old 2001-09-19, 04:02
MS3FGX MS3FGX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Yeah!

First you blocked the porn, now you took away the biggest part of TOTSE. Now I know this is a serious time and all, but what does that have to do with this site? They didn't see any "Fly a Plane into a Building" files on this site. So why take "Bad Ideas" off?
 #120 
Old 2001-09-20, 15:53
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Upgrade the software so it supports avatars and Private Messaging.

------------------
Nicht die Notdurft, nicht die Begierde - nein, die Liebe zur Macht ist der D�mon der Menschen.

Nehmen sie uns den Leib, Gut, Ehr', Kind und Weib: lass fahren dahin - das Reich muss uns doch bleiben! Ja! Ja! Das "Reich"!
 #121 
Old 2001-09-20, 19:55
James1rob James1rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

its good the porn is gone who looked at it anyway, but bad ideas was a god send
 #122 
Old 2001-09-22, 04:09
Howler Howler is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Is there a way that I can intergrate an MP3 file into my UBB? I have this New Cool Song that would fit my site Well. If I can do it, would someone be as kind enough to explain to me how?
Thanks

------------------
You don't have to like me, JUST EXCEPT THE FACT I"M AN ASSHOLE
 #123 
Old 2001-09-25, 19:31
troy_dyer troy_dyer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

but really, can someone tell me why the BAdIdeas had to go?

------------------
/*
...so i take pleasure in the details...
*/
 #124 
Old 2001-09-25, 23:21
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

troy_dyer

quote:
Originally posted by Garrison:
Ahem... A couple planes crashed about a week ago, I don't know if you heard about it, it was kinda hush-hush...

Certain branches of the FBI are searching the web high and low for ANYTHING that has to do with terrorism, anarchy, or bomb-making. Let it settle down, and we should get it back.


 #125 
Old 2001-09-26, 07:30
troy_dyer troy_dyer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

fair enough.

anyways, do you think they do this to prove that Carnivore and all that crap is very needed to regulate web, because I don't think they'd be so stupid to expect any trace by browsing websites hosting bomb-recepies...
 #126 
Old 2001-09-26, 20:53
summonedcow summonedcow is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

yo calm down or i have to break out the duck tape
 #127 
Old 2001-09-30, 02:03
Wet Dreamer Wet Dreamer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

this site is the shit!!!!!!

------------------
I'm Not Opinionated, I'm Just Always Right!
 #128 
Old 2001-10-17, 00:03
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

simmer down now!

------------------
Can We Go Hunting?
 #129 
Old 2001-10-17, 08:44
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Ya reckon i was a little enthusiastic when i joined?

What a fucking ass-licka!

I know betta now



------------------
Why not?
 #130 
Old 2001-10-19, 20:19
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

That's great man, take care of yourself.
 #131 
Old 2001-10-20, 00:38
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Dude, if your new here, then why do you have 235 posts, or whatever, I didn't look at the number correctly


------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #132 
Old 2001-10-22, 21:21
Regular
 
VA
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Check out the dates
 #133 
Old 2001-10-30, 20:31
DARKOMEN18 DARKOMEN18 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

when i go off the web come back on all the bulbs are indicating new posts but it's still the same as it was last time i was on totse.
 #134 
Old 2001-10-31, 21:59
ACER ACER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I suggest a new forum.....Crime & Punishment and the moderator should be me!
 #135 
Old 2001-10-31, 23:45
Tenji Tenji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

It would be nice to have a way to filter out the messages that are posted for a specific user like you stated earlier
 #136 
Old 2001-11-01, 18:26
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Newbies!
 #137 
Old 2001-11-05, 14:17
T IR II IP IP A T IR II IP IP A is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Yes to the idea of knowing which messages you've read by an icon next to the post header.
Whether done by cookies or only making this avilible to logged on members

------------------
------------------------The professional
T IR II IP IP A
 #138 
Old 2001-11-06, 21:27
steelblade steelblade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

This site is an excellent concept. However, on the religion page, a "cheap shot" is taken at Christians. This site could fulfill its potential and be a site that is for the equal discussion of information, but as long as it is used to attack certain peoples, that will never occur. Tolerance of other groups has been practiced by Christians for years. It is the media attention to fringe groups that gives the impression otherwise.

By making this post, I am in no way supporting cults that disguise themselves as Christians. I hate the Jehovah's Witnesses as much as anyone here does.

edit: disclaimer added


[This message has been edited by steelblade (edited 11-06-2001).]
 #139 
Old 2001-11-06, 21:52
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

All religions are equally detrimental to the spirit of human individuality.
 #140 
Old 2001-11-06, 22:09
steelblade steelblade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Even though I am a Christian, my complaint was not made because Christians were insulted. It was made because it contradicts the purpose of this site. If that insult had been made to any other religion, I still would have created the last post.
 #141 
Old 2001-11-07, 18:07
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

The moderators would have no business editing that. This site is also supposed to be (for the most part) self-governing. Items like that come up and you just have to take them in stride.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #142 
Old 2001-11-07, 21:36
steelblade steelblade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

The statement in question is:

"Christianity
Come join our cult, little children. God loves you so much that he will take you to heaven if you believe in this book of Jewish folktales. And if you don't believe, then he will send you to a place where there is fire and burning and pain and torment forever and ever. But he loves you. Sort of like how Santa only brings toys to kids who believe."

This was added by the site creaters and not the contributers.
 #143 
Old 2001-11-08, 09:49
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Ever heard of causticism?
 #144 
Old 2001-11-08, 10:39
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Just for the record.

I was thinking to myself the other night:
Hey fuckwit, you know it's not that you are alwayswrong. It's just that I am neverright. And it was done.

BTW. I used to like coming to this forum because it seemed less, shall we say, dare we say, polluted. It seems they are spreading. Surely moderators could do things like move posts to more appropriate forums. Surely this wouldn't break any majik ideals.

Just a thought.



------------------
You tried and I cried - I pried and you were shy.
I shied and you cried - I tried and you had to hide.
 #145 
Old 2001-11-10, 22:45
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Does anyone know where Enigma has gone? I heard he was fighting legal battles or somethin, but I havent seen him on the boards recently.
 #146 
Old 2001-11-11, 02:38
nsolitude nsolitude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Without having to read through 140+ posts,

What is the current state of the BBS with regard to changes? I liked the ideas in your original post Enigma.

BTW Enima,

Someone thought you were having some legal problems.

If you weren't such a whimp, and I wasn't on the meds I am on I could show you how to really kick some ass in a Court of Law.

I used to be an ">'obsessed'<" brainstormer on legal matters and would show no mercy on the system.

One problem is all the proceedural paperwork (filings)involved. That sucks, so you need an Idiot with no brain who is programmed in civil/criminal proceedure protocols, called an 'Attorney'

One reason I'm not a Lawyer is because I learned early on, the scam of the Constitution and the legal system.

It takes alot of power to drive a case through the Court System.

The last one I was in was only about 2 moths ago-- small 'criminal' matter in which I was falsely accused and imprisoned pursuant to a really fucked up law in the State of Washington.

I had to take COMMAND of BOTH the Defense AND the Prosecution,(since the system is so slow) when my defense attorney went on vacation.

I got the case dismissed a month before schedule.

My next step when I have the energy is to get the case totally expunged, including my fingerprints in the Computer, my Police Photo in the Computer and the fingerprint cards, THE WHOLE 9 YARDS, and I am going to kick their asses.

I could SUE them for MEDICAL INJURIES which I can MEDICALLY PROVE, after FALSE ARREST and IMPRISONMENT but it is a very small case compared to what I have been through a few times in the past so I am not going to pursue that.

The Problem is the specific Law itself, that some stupid retarded Idiots in the Legislature made, so that would be a big challenge to go in and destroy their law and the idiots who made it.

I've decided to let the Law stand so they can fuck over thousands of more people, ruin families and get them all pissed off at the system.

Sorry I can't help you.

By the way, I ALWAYS file in FORMA PAUPERIS so I don't have to pay any filing fees, which are unreasonably high cost and another hinderance to common people and the poor from getting heard in a courtroom.

If anyone lower income or poor needs to file anything in a Court Clerks Office, ask for a Forma Pauperis Affidavit, and the filing fees will be waived.

[This message has been edited by nsolitude (edited 11-11-2001).]
 #147 
Old 2001-11-11, 12:39
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

dosn't ev1 think it would b cool if u could insert your own 'smile icons' when writing our replys n shit???

frontalobe

------------------
frontalobe@genie.co.uk
 #148 
Old 2001-11-15, 01:25
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I think it may be helpful to change your USERNAME as well as other personal details


------------------
..::<(R)>::..
 #149 
Old 2001-11-16, 03:50
nsolitude nsolitude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by steelblade:
This site is an excellent concept. However, on the religion page, a "cheap shot" is taken at Christians.


I hope that Jadedfool and whoever else moderates the 'My god can beat the shit out of your God' forum notices this.

The title is an eye catcher, but alot of people seem to think that the purpose of that forum is to get in there and insult religion. I think that the name of the forum tends to contradict what is written as the purpose of the forum, and perhaps the title of the forum should be modified.
 #150 
Old 2001-11-16, 16:23
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Almost two months on and I have to say I was fooled by first impressions.
You're all gutless fuckwits!

I won't be back!

Btw, Enigma, the site itself I still feel is fantastic. It's just that, the forum seems to attract the most moronic element I can imagine. I've seen some bright sparks but, they hardly ever post. I know there isn't much that can be done about this, though, it seems to me at least, it is a shame worth mentioning in parting.




------------------
Climb up here yourself. Experience the depth of my lofty position. Know the profundity of these heights. Then, my ambrosia you may taste.
 #151 
Old 2001-11-20, 15:49
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

K enigma, this isn't for the bbs, but for the text files. For all of them newbie phreaks and hackers, I think you should date the files. You dont need to go through the old ones, just all of the new files contributed. Some of that info is so outdated. When I see a phile on Ma Bell it makes me laugh.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #152 
Old 2001-11-24, 04:05
ShnicKerZ ShnicKerZ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

here's a good idea, why dont you remake the whole forum thingy from scratch and make everyone sign up again just for the fun of it
if you dont do this im afraid we will all die.....aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Question: do you (enigma and co.) actually ever go to the forums or do you just not bother???...hmm. is there anyway you can delete people that have signed up that dont post or some thing so we can get a more real idea of how much people actually post on a regular basis?
 #153 
Old 2001-11-26, 17:26
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I don't really know if this is a good idea or not, but *maybe* there should be an observation period after one registers. A period where one would be able to read posts and whatnot, but not respond. That would help alleged 'newbies' to get a feel for what's going on. Furthermore, possibly a period of time where one can post responses but not new topics. The thoughts have their pro's and con's, and I can't tell which I would prefer myself.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #154 
Old 2001-12-01, 22:46
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I think actually answering us. Or starting to upgrade this BBS would be good also. I mean are you ever? Will you even answer this post?

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #155 
Old 2001-12-02, 01:52
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

You know the answer Osiris, a rotund NO!
 #156 
Old 2001-12-02, 05:41
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I don't care how many post you have Messer, you don't know shit.
 #157 
Old 2001-12-03, 15:27
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

You mean that post number doesn't directly affect intelligence?

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #158 
Old 2001-12-03, 15:27
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Famicommie
You mean that post number doesn't directly affect intelligence?

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #159 
Old 2001-12-03, 22:23
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I'm so glad the mighty Lokil is here to tell me that I am an ignorant cunt.

Lokil, just because you're enigma's personal pet doesn't mean you're any better than the rest.
 #160 
Old 2001-12-05, 10:22
*squig* *squig* is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

i like the bbs and the website. just needs more black.

 #161 
Old 2001-12-05, 19:55
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

enigma or J.C. Stanton. I have some very nice, contemporary text files that I know would mesh with the tone of &totse. Alls I want to know is, if I submit them, will they be given an honst 'once over' and considered?

Do I just submit and 'see what happens'?
 #162 
Old 2001-12-06, 19:07
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Lokil,

Of course. Any files you submit will be given the once over, just like any other submissions. We finally got the system for adding people's submissions working properly, and you might have noticed many new files that people have sent us going up.

J.C.

 #163 
Old 2001-12-07, 04:07
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Will do.
 #164 
Old 2001-12-11, 04:03
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

Ooh! A mystery, I loooooove a good mystery!




------------------

Turn and face the stranger
...Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
...Changes
...Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
~Bowie_Changes
 #165 
Old 2001-12-12, 07:29
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

you can add "weedisgood" to the list of people that need passwords to.

one of your mods hacked my hotmail account and stole that identity.
 #166 
Old 2001-12-14, 06:24
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by ~~COBRA~~:
you can add "weedisgood" to the list of people that need passwords to.

one of your mods hacked my hotmail account and stole that identity.



You are only allowed one account per person.

J.C.
 #167 
Old 2001-12-15, 09:00
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

I WASNT AWARE OF THAT. THANK YOU.
 #168 
Old 2001-12-19, 01:06
JoNKoRnED JoNKoRnED is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

hey JC,

i need help with my password for my old account...the email got changed by me....

can you help me get the old password back...
?
 #169 
Old 2001-12-19, 04:05
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

it would be nice to make it so that people would be forced to put there e-mail in so that way if you would like to send a personal letter it would be easier and that way no need to be flamed I think the best way to do this is when people sign up they have to put in there real address then once there done submitting the server sends a temp password that you have to put in one of the pages before you can change your password to the one you would like
 #170 
Old 2001-12-19, 17:04
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by J.C. Stanton:

We finally got the system for adding people's submissions working properly, and you might have noticed many new files that people have sent us going up.

J.C.



Would you be able to add a new submissions page or a date so that people know when it was added or if it is new.

Just a thought.

 #171 
Old 2001-12-20, 10:53
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
it would be nice to make it so that people would be forced to put there e-mail in so that way if you would like to send a personal letter it would be easier and that way no need to be flamed I think the best way to do this is when people sign up they have to put in there real address then once there done submitting the server sends a temp password that you have to put in one of the pages before you can change your password to the one you would like


ISNT THAT WHAT IT DOES NOW??
 #172 
Old 2001-12-20, 23:50
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The REAL Ultimate BBS - Feature Suggestions

quote:
Originally posted by preying mantis:
Would you be able to add a new submissions page or a date so that people know when it was added or if it is new.

Just a thought.




Well, actually, it sort of does. Everytime a file is added, it shows up on the front page.

J.C.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics