About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > I Found it on the Web
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Found it on the Web Cool web sites to visit. If you want to promote your web site, post the URL here. Misleading links and destructive html links will not be tolerated, please include a full description of your link. Also do not post any referal based sites or advertisements.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:47
Regular
 
Default Can you pass high school math?

http://fourtwentyfm.ath.cx/gcse_maths.php
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:58
asma123 asma123 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

fuck math.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:02
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

That site hurt my eyes.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:12
Zcon10 Zcon10 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

We have tests like that you take Sophmore and Junior year, in order to graduate.
I passed the Math, Reading, and the Writing one. Those are the only 3 too. I pwn.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:15
Bll3r Bll3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

i agree with asma123, fuck math
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:20
Flyingpiggs Flyingpiggs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

I anwered two, saw another 10 and took my score.

I got a 26%
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:09
Your Papi Your Papi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

we'll see, im getting 50 percent right now in math 12 at school. Im shooting for a B
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:41
Regular
 
Chicago IL USA
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

B
and im in college!
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:14
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

How is algebra supposed to help me flip hamburgers?
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 10:56
TopHatHero TopHatHero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

According to last semester's mark, no. I got a 4. ><
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:10
Regular
 
Makes Sense
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

On the first question, I wrote x = 0.25y - 0.5
How is it wrong?
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:14
Regular
 
OPS 2A building 688-6911(b)
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

quote:
Originally posted by Vod:
On the first question, I wrote x = 0.25y - 0.5
How is it wrong?



its y/4 because y is unknown.

But that is piss easy. Maths is the easiest subject.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:28
Sypher_X Sypher_X is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

That test was pretty easy actually.



[This message has been edited by Sypher_X (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

The test is stupid. 0.25y and y/4 are the same thing, but it only checks for the answer the dude pre-programmed in.

Give the test to an actual teacher and most peoples scores would probably be pretty different.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:20
packets packets is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

from the country i'm in,I take the GCSE O levels E maths and got a a2
 #16 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:56
Regular
 
&#9608;STL/MO/USA&#9608;
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

100%

noobs
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:59
Sergeant_Tibbs Sergeant_Tibbs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett:
The test is stupid. 0.25y and y/4 are the same thing, but it only checks for the answer the dude pre-programmed in.

Give the test to an actual teacher and most peoples scores would probably be pretty different.



I got that one wrong, and it was the only one I answered so I fail.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:42
SwX SwX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

quote:
Originally posted by Zcon10:
We have tests like that you take Sophmore and Junior year, in order to graduate.
I passed the Math, Reading, and the Writing one. Those are the only 3 too. I pwn.



That is like the FCAT in Florida.... you don't "pwn" anyone with half a brain and a redbull can pass that.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:28
Regular
 
413
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

I got a B, but could have done better. There was only one I didn't know how to solve, and if i got others wrong, it was probably due to incorrect formatting of the answer. Too bad they don't have an answer sheet to check that by.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:38
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

GCSE's are a fucking joke. You're basically guaranteed an A*.
 #21 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:14
crazyassindian crazyassindian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

in all honesty, i'm in 9th grade and got a C
 #22 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:16
floyd the barber floyd the barber is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

Like fuck they are! Your stupid American qualifications are all multiple fucking choice, and anyone with enough cash can buy their way into any university. Didn't Bush go to fucking Harvard or something, supposedly the best university in America? The U.K education system owns yours.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:32
Regular
 
413
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

quote:
Originally posted by floyd the barber:
Like fuck they are! Your stupid American qualifications are all multiple fucking choice, and anyone with enough cash can buy their way into any university. Didn't Bush go to fucking Harvard or something, supposedly the best university in America? The U.K education system owns yours.


You're right. Here in the states, the best way to get into a good university is to have a relative or friend who went there, or loads of cash.

The big flaw with our system though is the thought that everyone should get equal education based on age. I'm being given the same education as a kid who doesn't know what an apostrophe is, and the same education as Someone who's got an A+ average.

Everyone knows we have a shit education system, but we're stuck babying our youth in school. It sucks for everyone.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:46
Regular
 
OPS 2A building 688-6911(b)
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

quote:
Originally posted by AnalDisco:
The big flaw with our system though is the thought that everyone should get equal education based on age. I'm being given the same education as a kid who doesn't know what an apostrophe is, and the same education as Someone who's got an A+ average.

Everyone knows we have a shit education system, but we're stuck babying our youth in school. It sucks for everyone.



Here it's a lot different. They have easier and harder exams for you to take depending on your abilities, and we have grammar schools and then the normal schools. To get into the grammar's you have to take a test and they are generally considered a lot better than the average school. Although saying that, at my grammar school, one girl didnt know that the pope was a catholic.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:00
MidnightAssassin MidnightAssassin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

14/15 = 93.33%

The only one I left blank was the ladder question. I know how to do it, just lacked the resources.

Proof:
|\
| \
| \
5 6
| \
| x\
-------\

sin(x)=5/6
sin(x)=0.7401768532
sin-1(0.7401768532)=x
 #26 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:29
Bostonjunk Bostonjunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can you pass high school math?

i got a C in my maths GCSE about 4 years ago, but i can't remember a fucking thing....can't answer a single question now
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics