|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more! |
 |
|
#1
 2006-03-19, 01:08
|
CrackCident 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Best Command & Conquer?
What is your favorite command and conquer?
Red alert is the best in my opinion because it added so much to the gameplay that the original had. Me and my brother used to have alot of fun playing skirmish mode. I always liked the FMV's even if they seem cheesy. It also had cool voice acting.
Original and Covert ops is a close second because the campaign mode was great and the soundtrack is the best of any game in the series.
Red alert 2 brought some new elements to the table like the ability to fortify civilian buildings and the ranking system and it has some pretty cool units and buildings.
Tiberian sun dissapointed me a little because i didn't care for the units it had but i can give it some credit for taking the series in a different direction.
Generals is the worst in my opinion. I don't like the interface, or the way it looks in general and it's just not half as much fun as red alert or original c&c.
|
|
#2
 2006-03-19, 01:10
|
Kai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Original C&C... stomping some GDI ass for Kane.
|
|
#3
 2006-03-19, 05:03
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
original's always the best.
the commandos rock
|
|
#4
 2006-03-19, 05:24
|
z3r0 c001 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Red Alert is my favourite. It was as I can remember the first PC game ever playing. And I loved it, I still prefer playing it over Generals today.
|
|
#5
 2006-03-19, 07:20
|
Elephantitis Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
This makes me want to go pick up a copy of C&C. Been years since I've played it. 
|
|
#6
 2006-03-19, 09:22
|
WorldFamous 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
C&C: Tiberium Sun is my favourite. I enjoyed the original's single player a lot more but the giant army standoffs I had online with TS were awesome.
|
|
#7
 2006-03-20, 00:01
|
TheLaUghiNgHeretic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
C&C Renegade was actually a pretty fun game. Bit of a dissapointment but I still dust it off and play it from time to time.
|
|
#8
 2006-03-20, 00:18
|
z3r0 c001 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
quote: Originally posted by Elephantitis Man: This makes me want to go pick up a copy of C&C. Been years since I've played it. 
There is a sweet deal right now that is out called: "Command and Conquer the First Decade". And it has all 12 of the games and it only cost like 30 bucks.
|
|
#9
 2006-03-20, 00:24
|
Synthetic Ant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Tought one. They were all pretty good. I'd have to go with Red Alert 2 though. The game had quite a few features, unit, and story and I really liked the campaign. Yuri's revenge was also a great expansion.
I did however like Tiberian Sun alot, especially the whole underground units thing.
And the original Red Alert was amazing, however, I find that it wasn't nearly as good without the Aftermath expansion.
|
|
#10
 2006-03-20, 01:19
|
Rush2112 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
I know that it makes you feel like you're a real hardcore gamer if you say the original, but Generals is undoubtedly the best gaming experience of the lot, by fucking far. The others may've added more to the genre at the time, but Generals is just more fun to play, in every way.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-20, 02:44
|
glad_to_mosh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
quote: Originally posted by Rush2112: I know that it makes you feel like you're a real hardcore gamer if you say the original, but Generals is undoubtedly the best gaming experience of the lot, by fucking far. The others may've added more to the genre at the time, but Generals is just more fun to play, in every way.
WHAAT?! Generals sucks bad compared to any of the others. I own it and most of the others and have played them all.
|
|
#12
 2006-03-20, 03:46
|
Kai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
quote: Originally posted by Rush2112: The others may've added more to the genre at the time, but Generals is just more fun to play, in every way.
That's like saying that Half-Life or Ocarina Of Time are a bad games, because if they were released right now as brand-new games, they wouldn't hold up to the standard of games nowadays. You're retarded.
|
|
#13
 2006-03-20, 04:10
|
Bong-Rippa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Generals would have been better if it had nothing to do with C&C.
EA fucked it up, they bought out westwood, fucked up and just said "meh, I guess that didn't work, oh well, we can just get money off NFL games anyway"
|
|
#14
 2006-03-20, 10:42
|
BruteMentality 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Renegade was my favorite since it involves FPS and real time strategy but i grew up playing the original Red Alert on playstation so i'd have to say Red Alert 1.
|
|
#15
 2006-03-20, 13:15
|
Mantikore 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
RA2 , yuri's revenge and renegade were my fav. I think generals was the worst. the best is yuris' in my opninion
|
|
#16
 2006-03-20, 14:44
|
flanker118 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
i have to agree with everyone here who has said generals (zero hour) coz it fucking rocks. i just love the way you can have different areas of speciality e.g tank general etc . units are well good too and my favourite thing is the super weapons are more realistic except maybe the particle cannon. whats more the upgrades and which units you can choose to buy through genberals promotion. wow i am trying to play tiberiun sun more tho coz i like the robotic units coz its a first and no other C&C game has them in it. yay
|
|
#17
 2006-03-20, 15:09
|
Bong-Rippa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
You have never experienced the original red alert until you have fucked around with the .ini files.
I had my "real war" mod that would make tank die if hit with 1 shell, the cannon rounds fire faster and farther, V2's have nuke warheads and grenadiers have HE grenades.
I made "swarmers" they would be rangers with tesla zappers that could move the fastest you could make them. They go across the map in 2 seconds.
Tiberian sun has it too, red alert 2 has it also.
It's the easiest game modding ever.
On RA2 I would make the V3's animation slower and the missle would fire vertical and have a nuke warhead. That was neat to watch it.
|
|
#18
 2006-03-20, 19:49
|
-Mephisto- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Best Command & Conquer?
Generals = Original > Tib sunn
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|