About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-15, 21:33
Regular
 
Default PSOne games for your PSP

http://psp.ign.com/articles/696/696052p1.html

Fuck Yes! With the recent surge of high quality games and this news, now is a great time to own a PSP.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-15, 22:12
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Not really I own a PSP and I couldn't really care less. Probably because I don't like the thing...good thing I didn't buy it. And big deal it's just PSOne games they suck anyway.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-15, 22:50
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Yet another mind-bogglingly retarded denizen of GPP.

[This message has been edited by OpiateSeclorum868 (edited 03-15-2006).]
 #4 
Old 2006-03-15, 22:59
WorldFamous WorldFamous is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Are there really that many PSone games you want to revisit that you haven't already played numerous times?

Fairly underwhelming news really.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-16, 00:02
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Off the top of my head, I'd love to play Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Einhander, Silent Hill, and Wipeout XL again. I missed Vagrant Story the first time around and I'd like to give that a go.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 00:44
Regular
 
&T
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

I'd love to play MGS anywhere and everywhere.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-16, 02:18
Sergeant_Tibbs Sergeant_Tibbs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

quote:
Originally posted by WorldFamous:
Are there really that many PSone games you want to revisit that you haven't already played numerous times?

Fairly underwhelming news really.



I didn't have a PS1, so yes there are.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-16, 07:30
Penguins in the Desert Penguins in the Desert is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

It would be worth it if the PSP wasn't $250. I'd love to bust out Castlevania:SotN, Final Fantasy Tactics, or Harvest Moon:BtN at any given moment.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-16, 08:24
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

I loved Project Overkill for the PS1 along with Twisted Metal 2 and 3. There were actually alot of great PS1 games. Syphon Filter anyone?
 #10 
Old 2006-03-16, 08:47
Penguins in the Desert Penguins in the Desert is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

quote:
Originally posted by 33% God:
Syphon Filter anyone?


Copy that.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-16, 08:53
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

I'd prefer an original Syphon Filter game with full online support, actually.

The thoughts of mobile Einhander make me horny. Doubt it would see a conversion, though.

Unfortunately, this seems to me like a quick fix. I really don't think this feature will sell systems, and I'm kinda thinking that writing a CD-sized file to the memory stick is gonna take forever...

Then again, the PSP is only for the patient.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-16, 14:18
Regular
 
Place of the bridge
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Big deal, the DS already plays N64 games! (Mario 64 DS, MK DS etc)
 #13 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:55
Moderator
 
Cheshire, UK
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

Final. Fantasy. VII. On. PSP.

*orgasms*

- Rabb
 #14 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:54
cola cola is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

quote:
Originally posted by Shrike:
Big deal, the DS already plays N64 games! (Mario 64 DS, MK DS etc)


Hardly. Until Nintendo put's out a 3D Zelda game for the DS I am going to look at the DS as a dissapointment.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-17, 10:00
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

quote:
Originally posted by 33% God:
I loved Project Overkill for the PS1 along with Twisted Metal 2 and 3. There were actually alot of great PS1 games. Syphon Filter anyone?


Yeah I'm psyched to see Twisted Metal 2 as well.

Also, the new Syphon Filter for the PSP looks fucking awesome. It scored a 9.3 from IGN.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:47
Philadelphia Philadelphia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

quote:
Originally posted by Shrike:
Big deal, the DS already plays N64 games! (Mario 64 DS, MK DS etc)


DS can lick my left nut...
It's a bunch of Kiddy games

Theres no features like .MP3 compatablie, UMD video playback, Photo Viewer, Internet Browser and Hombrew applications, roms and games. Also you can read burned ISO's off the memory stick.

Dont even attempt to compare DS to PSP

I personally Cannot wait to play FF VII, Chrono Cross, Twisted Metal, Crash Bandicoot, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil & Tony Hawk.

[This message has been edited by Philadelphia (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:25
Dangerousmind Dangerousmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PSOne games for your PSP

chrono cross = best ps1 game.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics