About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:39
im_bigger_then_god_see im_bigger_then_god_see is offline
Regular
 
Default i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

i heard it fucks up the disks and it breaks or is that just a load of crap?? plz help i want to buy 1
 #2 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:08
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

It "fucks up the discs" if you're a numbnut and turn the console on it's side while the game is running in the cd tray.

I've gone through 4 machines being repaired. Either they can't make the damned consoles right,or every defective one gets shipped to Pennsylvania where I live and I just have the worst string of bad luck EVER.A few people I know have gotten ones recently and their machines have been fine so I guess I was the one who got raped for being the early adopter....still doesnt make it right though.

The machine is worth the money. The games on it are fun as shit. Plus,you have Xbox Live Arcade where you can download arcade games like Geometry Wars and Smash TV. Later on they will be getting shit like Street Fighter and HOPEFULLY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.You can download a game demo for just about every game out so you can try the shit before you buy it without having to dead with Cockbuster. You can do just about everything with this machine. If you don't like it then just take it back to the store and say it's broken and you want your money back,that's all.

But honestly,look at the games on it first and see if they appeal to you. There's really no reason to buy ANY console if you don't think the games look cool. Perfect Dark Zero hasnt left my console in like a fucking month (and usually the only time it does is for Dead or Alive 4). So again,look what games are for it and then make your decision.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:18
Whiteboy5000 Whiteboy5000 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by im_bigger_then_god_see:
i heard it fucks up the disks and it breaks or is that just a load of crap?? plz help i want to buy 1


YES THE XBOX 360 RULES I LOVE MINE!
 #4 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:33
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Whiteboy5000:
YES THE XBOX 360 RULES I LOVE MINE!

http://fyad.org/4cac
 #5 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:42
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

I don't think any of these so called "next-gen" consoles are going to be worth it. It's all way too commercial now: Very few games are created out of love, and very few developers prioritise love over money.
Save your money and buy something fun and worthwhile... like a car or living costs at university.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-15, 19:19
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by crimsonsmoke:
living costs at university.


quote:
Originally posted by im_bigger_then_god_see:
i heard it fucks up the disks and it breaks or is that just a load of crap?? plz help i want to buy 1


Stop patronizing the boy.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-15, 19:32
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by im_bigger_then_god_see:
i heard it fucks up the disks and it breaks or is that just a load of crap?? plz help i want to buy 1


You seem to be deserving of one.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-15, 19:55
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by 33% God:
Welcome to reality,enjoy your stay.

But anyways,that doenst mean the games arent good. If you're expecting every single game to be "High quality,passionately made AAA titles" then you're going to be very,VERY disappointed. Why can't anyone just enjoy games and have fun with them for what they ARE rather than sit there and cry over your internet of what they "should be". It's like movies today. I see a movie trailer and think the movie looks shitty,I don't sit there and cry about it to everyone around me saying "Oh that looks so shitty,why are there no good movies out,why can't they stop making shitty movies". Boo-fucking-hoo,crying about it won't change anything. Try to understand they arent making these games with only YOU in mind,but rather the other shitton of people with gaming consoles out there who DO enjoy the games. Don't like it? Too bad,beause people buy them and Madden will keep getting pumped out like they have been since like 1995. Why? Because people buy them because they HAVE FUN playing them. Then I hear shit like "Well,I hope you have fun playing second rate roster updates and PC ports". Guess what? If the game is fun to us we will. So who wins? Me having a great time with my friends playing some game you label a "B-rated dumbed down sequel" or you sitting there crying about it over internet? You can play whatever your platform of choice is with whatever game you want on it and you won't hear me whining about it. Why? Because it's what YOU have fun playing so why the fuck is it any of my business? You think I sit there and rag on people who play NBA Street Basketball or god forbid Halo? No,I don't,because what the fuck does it matter to me what they play? They are having a good time,so instead of me running my fucking pie-hole I go and play something I enjoy.

Post summed up; Learn to enjoy games for what they are. Games like Black and Hulk Ultimate Destruction arent made to "redefine the genre" and "shakeup the industry",but they are FUN for what they ARE. If you're just going to cry how there "are no good games out",then DON'T FUCKING BUY THEM or better yet,YOU go start making videogames since you obviously know better.

With that said,i'll be there in line buying my copy of Stranglehold and enjoying it when it comes out while you people cry about it on internet.



I'm seriously getting sick of your bullshit.

If people are dissatisfied they have a right to complain. If living conditions in a country turn to shit and people are put into slavery should they just shut up and learn to enjoy it? Fuck no. They should go and make themselves heard. Crimsonsmoke is doing something.

If people didn't did shut up then developers would churn shitty sequel after shitty sequel. It's looking to be like that now. It's because people aren't complaining enough.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-15, 19:57
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Ocular Gyric Crisis:
Stop patronizing the boy.


I lol'd.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-15, 20:20
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Ocular Gyric Crisis:
I'm seriously getting sick of your bullshit.

If people are dissatisfied they have a right to complain. If living conditions in a country turn to shit and people are put into slavery should they just shut up and learn to enjoy it? Fuck no. They should go and make themselves heard. Crimsonsmoke [b]is
doing something.

If people didn't did shut up then developers would churn shitty sequel after shitty sequel. It's looking to be like that now. It's because people aren't complaining enough.[/B]


I think you misunderstood me and I probably came off that way because I suck at writing.

I'm not saying it's bad to bitch about a shitty game,bitch as much as you want,get things changed,but bitch to the DEVELOPERS and the companies putting these games out. What i'm pissed off about is how the people like myself who enjoy something that is considered a "Shitty sequel" or a "dumbed down PC port" never hear the end of the shit we get for it like the people who know "real fun" are so much more fucking advanced or "better" than us. That's what i'm bitching about.

If you don't like Madden or Halo,then you have the right to bitch about it,but bitch to the developers to change thing,don't give the people who enjoy it a never ending stream of bullshit and look down on them like we are beneath you for what we like.

I'm not trying to start an arguement but i'm just trying to show you things from the other side of the table.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-15, 20:50
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

My step-dad just bought me one and I just got it like 5 minutes ago so I'll tell you in a few.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-15, 21:03
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by 33% God:
I think you misunderstood me and I probably came off that way because I suck at writing.

I'm not saying it's bad to bitch about a shitty game,bitch as much as you want,get things changed,but bitch to the DEVELOPERS and the companies putting these games out. What i'm pissed off about is how the people like myself who enjoy something that is considered a "Shitty sequel" or a "dumbed down PC port" never hear the end of the shit we get for it like the people who know "real fun" are so much more fucking advanced or "better" than us. That's what i'm bitching about.

If you don't like Madden or Halo,then you have the right to bitch about it,but bitch to the developers to change thing,don't give the people who enjoy it a never ending stream of bullshit and look down on them like we are beneath you for what we like.

I'm not trying to start an arguement but i'm just trying to show you things from the other side of the table.



Well I'm gay.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-16, 01:10
VolatileShiftInPersona VolatileShiftInPersona is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Kai:
You seem to be deserving of one.


Well, he seems to think "he's bigger than god, see".
 #14 
Old 2006-03-16, 01:18
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by VolatileShiftInPersona:
Well, he seems to think "he's bigger than god, see".


No, he's bigger THEN god.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 14:17
-Mephisto- -Mephisto- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

No.

My current PC is faster than a 360. In a years time they will be fucking obsolete. But it is good news for microsoft, now instead of releasing mediocre game sequels with slight graphical improvements they can get people to buy a new console every year.

Though they'll probably make up for the fact it is not "THE NEXT GENERATION IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY!!!" by making people pay for new parts to make up for the fact that it is just a pc in a box with bad cooling and some controller ports.

If the public arent a bunch of retards (which i sincerly doubt) they will realise they're paying for the same games they played last year with different graphics and wont buy it. Nice to see Nintendo actually trying something different, although who knows if they'll pull it off.

I remember when the playstation came out, there was alot more innovation than there is now. There were a few sequels (FFVII) but most were really genre defining games. Now all we get is extra numbers on the end of shit.

XBOX : Dead or Alive 3, Call of Duty, Fight night 2, Project gotham racing 2, NHL/NBA/NFL [insert date], Fifa [insert number], Need for speed [insert name], Tom Clancy's [insert name], Burnout, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, MOTO GP [insert number], Splinter Cell, Shitty Movie game tie in No #234,

Xbox 360 : Dead or Alive 4, Call of Duty 2, Fight night 3, Project Gotham racing 3, NHL/NBA/NFL [insert newer date], FIFA [insert higher number], Need for Speed : [insert new name], Tom Clancy's [Insert new name], burnout: Revenge, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, MOTO GP [insert number]. Splinter Cell 4 : the return of the graphical tweak, Tomb Raider : [yes, ANOTHER tomb raider], Shitty Movie game tie in No #237.

And who says innovation is dead?

XBOX360 is shit. This is not an opinion, this is a simple fact.

If you are so fucking stupid that you will pay $60 for the same game you payed $40 for last year I dont think you should be allowed anything electrical. The same thing happened back in the Atari days, they kept churning out asteroids/pacman clones and shitty movie tie ins and the industry got stale. There are thousands of atari console buried in the desert because of this. Whether this is gonna happen again is unsure. People seem to be alot more retarded now, Bush got elected more than once, which i think is proof enough that the majority of people are fucking morons, although so did Reagan so I don't know what to think.

"I COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK. THE GAMES ARE FUN AND LOOK COOL, PLUS MICROSOFT ARE BRINGING OUT [insert gimmick] WHICH WILL FUCKING SPLIT THE WORLD IN TWO. PS UR POST IS TOO LONG AND U SMELL"

Congratulations, you're a retard,
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 14:50
Regular
 
Place of the bridge
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

Mephisto tells it like it is.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:25
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

A bit angsty (the part about Bush) but a damn good rant. A++. Would definitely buy from again.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:53
Source Source is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Shrike:
Mephisto tells it like it is.


 #19 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:07
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

OK after playing around with the 360 for a bit, I've learned that the gaming experience is just like playing on Xbox pretty much. BUT the multimedia features that the 360 has are amazing. But all in all I'm glad that I wasn't the one who bought it with my own money and am still awaiting the releases of the PS3 and Revolution even if the PS3 got backtracked to fucking October. So if you can't wait until then I'd say that it is worth the buy. Especially now that Tom Clancy's new game just came out and it is amazing.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:22
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by -Mephisto-:
No.

My current PC is faster than a 360. In a years time they will be fucking obsolete....



Now you see what i'm talking about Ocular?
 #21 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:41
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

What are you talking about? I know the 360 will be obsolete.

I also know that for all the PC POWARRR bragging they can never emulate current gen at full speed.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:30
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

I'm talking about how the neverending shit people get for god fucking forbid enjoying games like DOA4.

I shouldnt even let posts like that bother me anymore.I don't know why I do. It's like i'm condemned by the "better gamers" on here if god forbid I want to talk about a game I enjoy with other people who enjoy the same. Usually I just sit there and never say shit and ignore most of the badmouthing posts on here but with the release of the 360 it's gotten to a level.

""I COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK. THE GAMES ARE FUN AND LOOK COOL"

If we arent buying games that look cool and are fun anymore then what ARE we buying em for?
 #23 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:41
masteroftheobvious masteroftheobvious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by z3r0 c001:
My step-dad just bought me one and I just got it like 5 minutes ago so I'll tell you in a few.


i think someones step-dad is trying to buy someones love

 #24 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:33
WorldFamous WorldFamous is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

Did anyone see that Valve survey the other day? It basically said that most Steam users are actually running fairly average systems, certainly most with equipment that's at least a couple of years old.

I'm not saying that's a conclusive sample group, but it does give a strong hint that consoles are actually ahead of the competition when compared to PC gaming. Sure, the technology may be on sale but it seems the vast majority can't be bothered to keep up.

The Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution maybe out of date technology wise in a years time but that doesn't mean they won't be ahead of the curve when compared to the machine most PC gamers are using.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:43
Moderator
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

I want an Xbox360.
Despite it being stupidly expensive, with ridiculous shit like �15 for a different color frontplate, or �90 odd pounds for a mediocre harddrive.


I want it because Project Gotham Racing looks amazing. Also cause it's pretty.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:46
Moderator
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Ocular Gyric Crisis:
A bit angsty (the part about Bush) but a damn good rant. A++. Would definitely buy from again.


*slap*


Totse no Ebay! No!
 #27 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:57
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Source
quote:
Originally posted by Shrike:
Mephisto tells it like it is.


 #28 
Old 2006-03-19, 10:20
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

Xbox 360 is a piece of crap! Nowhere near being worth the money, even if it were half the price. We all need to cplain fucking louder, thats what gets the industry changed.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-19, 10:32
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by 33% God:
I'm talking about how the neverending shit people get for god fucking forbid enjoying games like DOA4.

I shouldnt even let posts like that bother me anymore.I don't know why I do. It's like i'm condemned by the "better gamers" on here if god forbid I want to talk about a game I enjoy with other people who enjoy the same. Usually I just sit there and never say shit and ignore most of the badmouthing posts on here but with the release of the 360 it's gotten to a level.

""I COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK. THE GAMES ARE FUN AND LOOK COOL"

If we arent buying games that look cool and are fun anymore then what ARE we buying em for?



You're always going to get that shit. Espescially "kiddy gamers" or people who follow a major franchise. And espescially if you like gay sex and not straight sex.

I was a bit confused though... you only quoted the start of Mephisto's rant so I thought you were talking about that bit in particular and not the thing about "inferior" "same-old" games.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:56
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by yoyobek:
*slap*


Totse no Ebay! No!



Bad totser, wouldn't respond to emails, avoid at all costs.

 #31 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:04
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by Ocular Gyric Crisis:
You're always going to get that shit. Espescially "kiddy gamers" or people who follow a major franchise. And espescially if you like gay sex and not straight sex.

I was a bit confused though... you only quoted the start of Mephisto's rant so I thought you were talking about that bit in particular and not the thing about "inferior" "same-old" games.



No,I just quoted that part because I didnt feel like using his entire post and taking up more space than needed.

I guess you're right,the shit will never end,so I might as well just go back to ignoring it. I guess i'm right in the boat with people who enjoy Nintendo's games being constantly ragged on for enjoying "kid's games". I mean,as long as we're having a good time then I suppose that's all that matters,but goddamn after so long the "Halo is shit" and "Xbox/Playstation is garbage,PC is better!" gets really tiresome.

White flag,I give up.
 #32 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:24
Joelo91 Joelo91 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

Consoles and Pcs are different. For Pcs you always need to be upgrading, and looking at requirements. Consoles are the same for everyone, so game makers can optimize the games for that hardware, making graphics far better than their computer counterparts could ever handle.
If you bought a game towards the end of X-Box 360s life, lets take for example a Tom Clancy game. It will run much better on 360s Xenos then on a computers X850XT, even though they are essentially the seem part, because of optimization.
Also for casual\budget gamers consoles are sold at a loss which is good for the consumer, because they have to make titles people want to buy, to earn that money back and profit.
PC gamers can download free games (commercial or not) mod their games, better online support in general. And will be able to depending on their wallet to always have state of the art systems.
However consoles will always rule the "split screen" arena, you couldn't gather four friends around a computer and play SSB am I right?
In the end its which ever one suits your needs best.
 #33 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:49
Moderator
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by OpiateSeclorum868:
Bad totser, wouldn't respond to emails, avoid at all costs.




can be found at technobek@yahoo.co.uk
 #34 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:06
Harlequin Senior Harlequin Senior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?

quote:
Originally posted by im_bigger_then_god_see:
i dont have an xbox 360 is it worth the money?


Yes.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics