About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-12, 02:55
Philadelphia Philadelphia is offline
Regular
 
Default MMORPG's

Alright I can't make a choice..

Recommend me what you think is the best MMORPG, im easy-going when it comes to PC games and im willing to pay per month.

What is your favourite MMORPG?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-12, 03:02
xoctopusx xoctopusx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Kai put me onto Anarchy online, I'm still downloading it though, but I have read the wiki and it seems cool. I thought it was set in the middle ages or in a midevel world. I had no idea it was in the future. It has an option for pay for play, but I guess your much more of an avid gamer than I...so you know all of this already I only play sports games on console but long for some MMORPG action. Sadly my pc is old and tired. Good luck!


[This message has been edited by xoctopusx (edited 03-12-2006).]
 #3 
Old 2006-03-12, 03:09
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Ragnarok - 2D Looks like a very simple game but is very complex
WoW - Gay
Lineage2 - Great game nice clan systems, level grind
Guild wars - Very nice graphics.. Fun PvP
FlyFF - Dont like it.. gets boring but you can give it a shot
Conquer Online - Never tried it.
WarRcok - Didint like it
Dark Eden - Great game, good levleing system
MU Online - Kind of the remake of diablo2 except crappier
Rakion - From the creators of gunbound.. nothing to fancy or special about it but I had fun playing it for a few days
RF Online - Crap
SilkRoad online - GREAT game kind of diffrent from other rpg's but give it a shot
Asheron's Call- Crappy graphics might be fun for a low quality pc
Everquest - personaly sick of the constant expansions but it was fun before.
DarkAgeofcamelot-Bad community IMO. Has a nice layout for the game.

These are all I could think from the top of my head.. I was going to write a big MMORPG thread with five times as much games but I dont know. Search these on google.

Typo

[This message has been edited by robyextreme (edited 03-12-2006).]
 #4 
Old 2006-03-12, 04:48
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

World of Warcraft is the best MMORPG out, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-12, 05:02
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

^ yep

and dont listen to that crap about lineage 2 being a good game. Its the shittiest game ever made.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-12, 05:06
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by Dread_Lord:
^ yep

and dont listen to that crap about lineage 2 being a good game. Its the shittiest game ever made.




Greatest*

Wow is the shittiest game ever made.


Face the fact Koreans own americans at making games, Period.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-12, 05:13
Karl Banti Karl Banti is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

I play WoW and Anarchy Online now, used to play FFXI and AO. Any of those are great, just that FFXI was the most expensive, and AO was the "biggest"(In terms of game content.) Even the free version is a really good game. WoW is goddamn addictive though, I can't get away from the computer for more than 5 minutes. AO is the best but WoW is the funnest, IMO.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-12, 05:21
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by robyextreme:

Greatest*

Wow is the shittiest game ever made.


Face the fact Koreans own americans at making games, Period.



you're out of your rabbid ass mind. Heres a brief summary of what you'll encounter in lineage 2.
grind
grind
grind
buy item
grind
grind
get pked drop item
grind
realize that grinding sucks and everyone else is botting
bot
bot
bot
realize you would need a room full of asians to get anywhere in lineage 2
buy adena online
buy armor and useless crap in game
bot
bot
bot
bot
get pked lose another piece of armor
bot
bot
get pked by bot killers
get pked again
lose more stuff
waste more time
throw cd into microwave
buy WoW
 #9 
Old 2006-03-12, 07:18
Regular
 
Niggerland: Land of the Negroe
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by robyextreme:

Face the fact Koreans own americans at making games, Period.


You are an idiot if you actually meant this.

 #10 
Old 2006-03-12, 08:52
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Dream_Lord - Wrong, it was more like level,level,level to 75 on OFFICIAL for me.

Kleenex - I dont think you're cool anymore.

Thanks for the flames cya.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-12, 11:56
xoctopusx xoctopusx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Just logged off from Anarchy Online after 5 hours of playing...in short; this game is video crack.Thank you Kai. I have a new time killer.
guys my handle s Xoctopusx...
 #12 
Old 2006-03-12, 13:10
Halogen Halogen is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

1. Most MMO's suck ass, they're fun for about 5 minutes then you realise WTF did I just spend 15/30 dollars on.

2. Koreans make some of the best MMO's because they don't give a fuck what americans think about their games.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-12, 14:16
Pyronos Pyronos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Dungeons and Dragons Online is pretty damn fun, even if there is no PvP.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-12, 14:30
WorldFamous WorldFamous is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

I'm trying to sell my Guild Wars account at the moment as I'm sick to death of fantasy RPGs now.

Anarchy Online is great, I played it for ages when it originally went free and have a level 40-something character but I just can't get back into the game as the UI is awful.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-12, 14:32
Philadelphia Philadelphia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Thanks everyone for your opinion...

Ive Narrowed it down to Anarchy Online & WoW.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-12, 14:47
Philadelphia Philadelphia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by xoctopusx:
Kai put me onto Anarchy online, I'm still downloading it though, but I have read the wiki and it seems cool. I thought it was set in the middle ages or in a midevel world. I had no idea it was in the future. It has an option for pay for play, but I guess your much more of an avid gamer than I...so you know all of this already I only play sports games on console but long for some MMORPG action. Sadly my pc is old and tired. Good luck!





Are you Downloading it off the Anarchy Online site or off a bit-torrent site?
 #17 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:27
Regular
 
Niggerland: Land of the Negroe
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by robyextreme:

Kleenex - I dont think you're cool anymore.



</3
 #18 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:44
Damko Damko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Avoid MMO's at all costs, in the end they all turn into a mindless grind and race to see who can get the best items.

Expansions are released for the sole purpose to get you to keep grinding for more items and levels.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-15, 14:49
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Bullshit. Koreans arent better game developers. Heres a fun fact you asstard. Lineage 2 hired Richard Garriot (Lord British-Ultima series creator) to help them with Lineage 2 in the US because most Americans think the game sucks ass.

 #20 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:24
gogetalife13579 gogetalife13579 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Alright look morons. WoW is the best fucking MMORPG out right now, shut the fuck up about Lineage 2 that game is shit.
 #21 
Old 2006-03-16, 01:45
Don Puerco Don Puerco is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

quote:
Originally posted by robyextreme:
Ragnarok - 2D Looks like a very simple game but is more simple than it looks. Also, it has no quests, or end game content.

DarkAgeofcamelot- Moving feels like ice skating, except without the whole "Forward motion" deal.



Fixed.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-16, 01:52
Qoh Qoh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I think WoW would be a good game if you have never played any other Mmorpg's.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-16, 02:00
Goatmale Goatmale is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Am I the only one who loves Anarchy Online.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-19, 03:47
Regular
 
Back In New Orleans!
Default Re: MMORPG's

i'd say
world of warcraft
FF XI
matrix online
or city of heros

i wish i had the kind of money to play any
the monthly charges are ridiculious(sp?)

the only online game i play is CS but thats a totaly different catigory
 #25 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:38
sh0x0rz3r sh0x0rz3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

Runescape.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:31
th3dud3 th3dud3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

ew runescape? r u fuckin kidding me?
 #27 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:51
infamous big j infamous big j is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MMORPG's

WoW is the best MMORPG I've ever played.

Speaking of which, I'm going to get the final 20k XP to finally reach level 30.


+1 for being able to teleport to Thunder Bluff.


Actually, I don't know why they made me wait until 30 to port to TB when Org and UC are much more useful.

I just want to get to fucking 40 so I can ride my blue skeletal horse and sell portals to other cities to lazy people.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics