About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:13
HIGHPOINTLIFE HIGHPOINTLIFE is offline
Regular
 
Default I cant skateboard- WHY????

Im 19 and I picked up skateboarding 3 months ago- the problem is that I think Im no good. Ive already had a major accident when I tried to bomb a hill- and when I skate in parking lots and practice I fuk up my board cuz its got chips on both sides. I dont even think I can ollie right yet. I dont heve skate shoes so that could be the problem- I wear the regular nike dunks not the sbs- Ive been practicinig the last 3 weeks 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours but I have not mastered a single trick. I dont wanna give up but when I hear people say they mastered tricks in 2 weeks- and I cant do shit even though Ive got the dedication and the physical ability. Any advice?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:34
Asphyxia Asphyxia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I cant skateboard- WHY????

white power
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:36
NumB-nUTz NumB-nUTz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I cant skateboard- WHY????

skateboarding is HARD... ive got a few friends that used to skate seriously for a couple of years and they were telling me that even a simple ollie (sp?) took them absolultly months to get! (with the exception of one kid who nailed it in a week lol)...

You really just have to stick at it and work HARD if you want to get anywhere with it... applies to pretty much anything in life dude - just dont be discouraged that your not a master of the discipline after a few weeks
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:08
Bong-Rippa Bong-Rippa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I cant skateboard- WHY????

The only trick I could do is spin the board 180 degrees under my feet. I could only do it while standing still.

Ooh I could also do this one

Be off your board and put your toe under a side. Jump in the air and flip it with your toe. Make the board do a complete sideways roll and then land on it.

I used to impress the ladies with it.

[This message has been edited by Bong-Rippa (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:27
fools_gold fools_gold is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I cant skateboard- WHY????

Just keep at it. I started skating a year or so ago and I'm still not that good, but trust me most of the really awsome guys practice for three or four hours, then eat, then practice for three or four more. It's crazy. So keep trying and it helps if you know some pro-ish people who can help you.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:25
Regular
 
out in them there sticks
Default Re: I cant skateboard- WHY????

Practice. That is all there is to it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics