About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-15, 08:14
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default My workout

20 Pound weights (i have 2 one in each hand) and I just lift them until my arm's fall off. I do this every day. Sometimes twice if I feel like it.

35 morning pushups first thing. It helps me get started for the day. I know some of you are going to be like "Pussy z0r pushups!!1" But I do them properly.

Punching bag: Greatest thing ever, I do this for 20 minutes to 40 minutes. It helps me beocme more aggressive, and more faster.

Im also joining kickboxing in the summer(June) for 1 month. If I like it I will proceed doing it as long as I can since its expensive. I want to be ready for kickboxing and beat people in training with me being the "new kid" and all.

What are you're workouts? Or plans if you dont do shit.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-15, 08:49
k.hallenbeck k.hallenbeck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

What is it with people?

A few arm curls and push up follow by some cardio is not a proper workout.

I've had extra/ recovery workout that's harder than that.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-15, 09:06
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Haha, agreed.

Hey hallenbeck long time. You should mail me sometime. I think I'm going to start lifting again.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:24
ckg21 ckg21 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

I get my cardio in by laughing at workouts like yours.

[This message has been edited by ckg21 (edited 03-15-2006).]
 #5 
Old 2006-03-15, 14:49
Moderator
 
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
Default Re: My workout

Ok, I have two 20 pound dumbells for home use. I do this workout once on Mondays, Wednesdays, and twice a day on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays(if I haven't gone to the gym).

20 curls
20 tricep press
20 bench press(I don't have a bench, so I just do it on the floor and let my arms hover above the floor each time they come down, see how long you can keep them down there for good endurance)
20 wrist curls
10 military press

Then repeat each set 1x

Followed by 2 more sets of whatever I feel like doing, usually another set of curls and another set of military press.

On weekends I mix it up a little by throwing in shrugs, hammer curls, cuban press etc.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 01:37
Phaint Phaint is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by k.hallenbeck:
What is it with people?

A few arm curls and push up follow by some cardio is not a proper workout.

I've had extra/ recovery workout that's harder than that.



agreed .. i do everything in sets.. letting ur muscles rest between sets lets em get pumped quicker. 3 sets of 21 pushups ( add one to each set every day u workout), 3 sets of 50 crunches, 3 sets of 50 bicep and tri curls (10 pounds .. started wit five ( 3 sets of 100 and increase wen u feel no progress), 1/2 hour cardio every week, and finally for the chest... the chuck norris machine.. total gym pro..do it every like couple of days .. ur body needs to rest.. dont overstress!
 #7 
Old 2006-03-16, 02:47
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by ckg21:
I get my cardio in by laughing at workouts like yours.



ROFLMAO! Gold.
quote:
Originally posted by HARDMAN:
Ok, I have two 20 pound dumbells for home use. I do this workout once on Mondays, Wednesdays, and twice a day on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays(if I haven't gone to the gym).

20 curls
20 tricep press
20 bench press(I don't have a bench, so I just do it on the floor and let my arms hover above the floor each time they come down, see how long you can keep them down there for good endurance)
20 wrist curls
10 military press

Then repeat each set 1x

Followed by 2 more sets of whatever I feel like doing, usually another set of curls and another set of military press.

On weekends I mix it up a little by throwing in shrugs, hammer curls, cuban press etc.


LOL you work out like a bitch.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-16, 04:39
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

I just pick up something and wave it around until I'm bored.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-16, 06:15
k.hallenbeck k.hallenbeck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Stryker:
Haha, agreed.

Hey hallenbeck long time. You should mail me sometime. I think I'm going to start lifting again.



Just sent you an email, you still have the same email address right?
 #10 
Old 2006-03-16, 12:50
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Well you can laugh at my workout if you want, but it work's and I enjoy doing it.

 #11 
Old 2006-03-16, 13:08
Fat Penis Fat Penis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

sounds great, keep up with it.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:32
wooty wooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Perestroika:

LOL you work out like a bitch.



And what do you do? Sprint 10 miles, benchpress your family, then cool down with a couple of one handed handstand pushups?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:53
maledicent maledicent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Stryker:
Haha, agreed.

Hey hallenbeck long time. You should mail me sometime. I think I'm going to start lifting again.



You think you are going to lift? Why not shut the fuck up and do it, it's only resistance. Nothing special.

 #14 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:55
maledicent maledicent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Also: I think I've just seen the worst workouts ever made in this thread.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:34
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

maledicent please impress upon me your wisdom. You sound like the hard ass I want to become.

And yeah I think, I'm currently pretty fucking busy preparing my soldiers and myself for combat.

hallenbeck, yeah it's the same. I'm reading it now.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:45
maledicent maledicent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Stryker:
maledicent please impress upon me your wisdom. You sound like the hard ass I want to become.

And yeah I think, I'm currently pretty fucking busy preparing my soldiers and myself for combat.

hallenbeck, yeah it's the same. I'm reading it now.



Tough soldier boy is going to kick my ass. I'm almost scared. Who the fuck do you think you are?

Wisdom?

I don't think too much about training, or analyze everything beyond beleif, I just do it. That's why it startled me when you said that you "thought" you were going to lift. You either are or you are not. Make a decision. Being indecisive like that sucks, and I am surprised that you lead a team of soldiers when you are so indecisive you cannot choose whether or not to lift weights or not. The fact that you lead a group of soldiers around worries me. If you are busy and in the military, how do you post on damn totse all the time, if you have time to post here, you have time to lift. Go do it.

[This message has been edited by maledicent (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #17 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:06
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Haha, I've got better things to do than name call over the internet, feel free to continue though. And I'm someone who once ran this place and knows a hell of a lot more than you about training. But you could always prove me wrong by contributing to intelligent discussion on training.

Weight training isn't something I need to do. I choose to, it's a luxury. I do plenty of other physical training. I don't have the time to get into a set routine because one day I could be doing nothing and for the next 8 running 22 hour missions. Just like this next month I'll be out in the middle of no where for 20 days doing missions. Which is why I haven't started back up but am thinking about trying to anyways. Also how I lift takes much longer than the 30 or so minutes here and there I get online. I perfer to get maximum muscle tension, not muscle failure.

The fact that you talk about leading soldiers and the military like you know something makes me laugh.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:35
maledicent maledicent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Stryker:
Haha, I've got better things to do than name call over the internet, feel free to continue though. And I'm someone who once ran this place and knows a hell of a lot more than you about training. But you could always prove me wrong by contributing to intelligent discussion on training.

Weight training isn't something I need to do. I choose to, it's a luxury. I do plenty of other physical training. I don't have the time to get into a set routine because one day I could be doing nothing and for the next 8 running 22 hour missions. Just like this next month I'll be out in the middle of no where for 20 days doing missions. Which is why I haven't started back up but am thinking about trying to anyways. Also how I lift takes much longer than the 30 or so minutes here and there I get online. I perfer to get maximum muscle tension, not muscle failure.

The fact that you talk about leading soldiers and the military like you know something makes me laugh.



I have served in the most elite fighting force in the world, the Special Boat Service. I was in there for ten years, so don't try and act as a superior to me, you'll never get near the level I attained. Now sir, fuck off.

You are probably just some skinny white trash who is in the pussy US Army.

I was going to contribute to this forum, but fuck it, if lowlifes like you talk as if you are my superior, I can't be fucked.

Good day to you all.

[This message has been edited by maledicent (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #19 
Old 2006-03-17, 05:19
BC_awsome_man BC_awsome_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by maledicent:
Tough soldier boy is going to kick my ass. I'm almost scared. Who the fuck do you think you are?

Wisdom?

I don't think too much about training, or analyze everything beyond beleif, I just do it. That's why it startled me when you said that you "thought" you were going to lift. You either are or you are not. Make a decision. Being indecisive like that sucks, and I am surprised that you lead a team of soldiers when you are so indecisive you cannot choose whether or not to lift weights or not. The fact that you lead a group of soldiers around worries me. If you are busy and in the military, how do you post on damn totse all the time, if you have time to post here, you have time to lift. Go do it.




if he is a solder he probly can beat your ass you retarted meat head.if he gets super buff hes just going to be a bigger target.he needs to do a shitload of running and work on stamina more than anything besides you dont need to be huge to kick someones ass any way ive seen it to many times.but if woking out all the time and critzing people on totse make you feel better about you small penis watever man
 #20 
Old 2006-03-17, 05:29
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Hmm...I probably have a sissy workout routine too.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I do my weight training. I do roughly 30 reps on each of 15 different machines working out most of my body. Average weight for upper body is 50 lbs., lower body around 130 lbs. (I have weak arms and pecs ).

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, I just stretch really good and run 3-5 miles (depending on how sore I am from the previous day).
I always give a day between doing any muscle sculpting workouts to let my muscles have time to heal.

My physical stats are 6'0" and 210 lbs. (I weighed 230 at the beginning of February, so I'm halfway to my target weight ).
 #21 
Old 2006-03-17, 05:35
BC_awsome_man BC_awsome_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Elephantitis Man:
Hmm...I probably have a sissy workout routine too.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I do my weight training. I do roughly 30 reps on each of 15 different machines working out most of my body. Average weight for upper body is 50 lbs., lower body around 130 lbs. (I have weak arms and pecs ).

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, I just stretch really good and run 3-5 miles (depending on how sore I am from the previous day).
I always give a day between doing any muscle sculpting workouts to let my muscles have time to heal.

My physical stats are 6'0" and 210 lbs. (I weighed 230 at the beginning of February, so I'm halfway to my target weight ).


giving your muscles time to heal is a very good idea.i have you mached in the weight traning but i can never bring myself to run and streach any more.your doin good man
 #22 
Old 2006-03-17, 17:01
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Machines, bench press, body building, etc. are for fucking pussies. It's funny how there are women who look like fucking women that can lift more than anyone on this forum. LOL
 #23 
Old 2006-03-17, 17:03
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by wooty:
And what do you do? Sprint 10 miles, benchpress your family, then cool down with a couple of one handed handstand pushups?

No because I'm not a fag like you, as the above amounts to fuck all.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-17, 17:43
CarbonB CarbonB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

^You are a fucking dumbass, I doubt you can outlift some of the top bodybuilders in competition today.

Why don't you shut the fuck up? Bodybuilders are the ones who innovate the fucking industry, they are always constantly perfecting their bodies and they know what works.

You are probably one ugly mother fucker who thinks that powerlifiting is the end all to everything.

Not everyone wants to be a fat fuck like you on a permanent bulking cycle, so if you please get the FUCK off Reinvent Yourself.

Also to the dumbass saying he is from the US boat service, why don't you state the rank that obtained, the base you trained at, and any other specific information that would lead to someone actually believing you are in the armed forces.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-17, 17:56
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

HAHA! Oh yeah, what industry is that? The pussy bitch industry for cunts that can't lift real weights? For the love of god shut the fuck up. It's little narcissistic shits like you that haven't got a fucking clue about weight training or true fucking power. You lift weights to become strong, not too look strong. LOL, why do automatically assume I am fat? I'm in better shape than your weak ass will ever be, I could out lift you any day of the fucking week, and I probably weigh less than you too, so fuck off.

Lastly, who cares if that guy was or wasn't in SBS? At least he knows what the fuck he is talking about.

You are a piece of shit.

[This message has been edited by Perestroika (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #26 
Old 2006-03-17, 18:37
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

This forum is fucking brilliant it makes me laugh so fucking hard, just because of the hatred between a few posters. It makes me fucking laugh.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Love it, keep it coming fellas.
 #27 
Old 2006-03-17, 19:00
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Perestroika:
Lastly, who cares if that guy was or wasn't in SBS? At least he knows what the fuck he is talking about.


What does he know about? That working out is nothing special? That the workouts posted are some of the worst ever? That I'm indecisive on my decision to start weight training again?

Which I am. There is no point in trying to build true functional power if you can only get to the gym once a week, then none the next, then every day the next, and then not at all for the next 4 weeks. Progress would come at an extremely slow pace and I get plenty of physical training through out the day to still excel at what I do so not going to the gym isn't going to hurt. It's just something I want to get back in the habit of but without it being a waste of time. I still fail to see anything useful he knows though.

And if you claim to be from an elite unit be able to back it up. People work hard to earn their place in units like those.

As to the poster mentioned, feel free to take it as an insult but it wasn't. So if you want to waste your time flaming, feel free. I could care less for that game.

-extremeist, I agree. I tend come here to see how people train, help them if they're doing retarded shit like above (though I quit after people continued to do dumb shit), and discuss different things related to the subject in general.

Ususally most of those topics turn into "I'm right, you're wrong" battle. One side tends to not defend their side other than with cuss words and name calling though. Always amusing.
 #28 
Old 2006-03-17, 20:19
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have posted.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:32
CarbonB CarbonB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

He used to be moderator you fucking dumbass.

I think you need to look up the definition for narcissist and learn to use it correctly.

I'm a narcissist because I want to be in good shape?

I am sure this guy could outlift you and me, but it certainly doesn't mean that is what I want to look like.
http://tinyurl.com/lf4b5

So I should basically not take care of myself, because I'll be a narcissist if I take any hede to what my appearance is? Let me guess, you don't get offered many jobs?

Is that because you don't want to appear to be a "narcissist" if you take care of your appearance?

You are a moron, you are misusing the word, you need to find a new word and you need to also find a new brain.

So until then, please shut the fuck up, post a picture of your insane lifts, or just shoot yourself.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:45
Stryker Stryker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

quote:
Originally posted by Perestroika:
Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have posted.


I could care less to set back call names or flaming as I put it. Was I doing that?
 #31 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:58
Perestroika Perestroika is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

It's like arguing with a fucking wall. Where you do you fucking live, bizarro world? Where a man is supposed to be worried about how pretty he looks as opposed to what he can accomplish. And why the fuck do you keep bringing up powerlifting? Yes they are strong but they aren�t efficient. This is true power, true strength:
http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/sportivny/images/TanerSagir3.jpg http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/sportivny/images/TanerSagir.jpg

I'm done arguing with you; you are a fucking shallow piece of shit.

[This message has been edited by Perestroika (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #32 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:10
Santa Clause Santa Clause is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Mon / Wends / Fri

Shrugs
Lat Raises
Flies
Rev. Curls
Isolation Curls
Wrist Curls
Bench Press
Inclined Press
Side bends
Squats
Pull ups
Calf raises
Crunches
Leg raises
Side Crunches
Rev. Crunch
Russian Twists
Stomach Vaccums.

20 mins shadows boxing
20 straight mins of heavy bag work


Thats my workout .
The sets and reps vary depending on when im doing it.

Im only 16... so I dont really know if its thats good.

 #33 
Old 2006-03-20, 02:57
CarbonB CarbonB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My workout

Still waiting for that video of you doing what you say you can do.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics