About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Radio Free Amerika
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radio Free Amerika The ins and outs of the radio frequency spectrum, including scanners, trackers, building your own transmitters, mixers, and antennas, station formats, frequencies, favorite pirate radio stations, the FCC, radio stories, working at radio stations, and more.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:31
smokeymcpot420 smokeymcpot420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Cell tower

Hey, I spoted a few cell towers around my house. The nearist one is about a mile or so away. I'm gana make a little(6-12") sattalight and aim it at it and see what I can get. I just need to know something, what freq should I look at? I got a SW/LW/FM/AM radio, and a TV. Any ideas/pointers...?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:47
Halvy101 Halvy101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cell tower

quote:
Originally posted by smokeymcpot420:
Hey, I spoted a few cell towers around my house. The nearist one is about a mile or so away. I'm gana make a little(6-12") sattalight and aim it at it and see what I can get. I just need to know something, what freq should I look at? I got a SW/LW/FM/AM radio, and a TV. Any ideas/pointers...?


you'll probably need a microwave reciever.

sats or make one from your wifi or whatever other item you have laying around that might be hackable.

you'll meed microwave software if you wanna try the wifi thing because the frequencies will probably be alot different between your wifi item (router?) and the towers.

that tv, if it's old, might get some stuff around channel 83 or whatver it is that cells used to go on.

good luck man.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:23
smokeymcpot420 smokeymcpot420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cell tower

No, it aint old enough.... I've been lookin at this site: http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/
There is a lot of info on there... I dont have any wifi equipment, although I do have a cellphone... God, that tower is just staring at me, begging to be hacked. *closes blinds*
What will I do when I get the sat built?
Edit: I finally found the equation for my focalpoint! FP=DiaxDia/Depthx16

[This message has been edited by smokeymcpot420 (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:57
Halvy101 Halvy101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cell tower

quote:
Originally posted by smokeymcpot420:
No, it aint old enough.... I've been lookin at this site: http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/
There is a lot of info on there... I dont have any wifi equipment, although I do have a cellphone... God, that tower is just staring at me, begging to be hacked. *closes blinds*
What will I do when I get the sat built?
Edit: I finally found the equation for my focalpoint! FP=DiaxDia/Depthx16




it would probably be easier to look at a project like your theorizing, by using 'Social Engineering'.

that is, you can simply use your charm, wit and self attained knowledge from common sources (or wisdom) to do things like this:
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1527
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 01:43
smokeymcpot420 smokeymcpot420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cell tower

How would social engeneering help me here?
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:10
smokeymcpot420 smokeymcpot420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cell tower

Ok, my dish is 12 5/8" Dia, 3 10/14" deep, and my Focal Point is 2 11/16" out. I'm planning on "getting" a wifi connector from school then, hoocking it up to the dish and see if I can get any Access Points out here (I live on the country ) But, for now, I'm gana try and put a mic at the FP and see if I can use it as a leet spy mic thing.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics