About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Travellers Travails
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travellers Travails Travel tips, places to go, things to do.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-05, 17:33
Dancingonthekitchenfloor Dancingonthekitchenfloor is offline
Regular
 
Default Ideas for a travelling gap year

I'm taking 12 months out between college and uni. I'll probually spend 8 months working but after that i'm planning to travel for the remaining 4. Any ideas of where to go and what to do on a �2000 budget?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-05, 23:06
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

Mayhap you should be the slightest bit more specific on what you might be interested in doing.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-06, 00:14
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

You could choose a specific country or area/region of interest and tour that.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-06, 00:48
Moderator
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

What cultures intrest you?
Have you had expeirence traveling?
Would you be alone?

and most important, how much is �2000 in real, not madeup money?
 #5 
Old 2006-03-06, 07:44
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

I hate to be a dick, but I feel obligated to note that I have not met a single person who took a year off after high school, then returned to college.

Like to travel? Go to Uni. Get a good job. Make lots of money. Go wherever you want.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-06, 18:57
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

quote:
Originally posted by jsaxton14:
I hate to be a dick, but I feel obligated to note that I have not met a single person who took a year off after high school, then returned to college.

Like to travel? Go to Uni. Get a good job. Make lots of money. Go wherever you want.



Tends to be more of a British thing and is very common there.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-06, 19:40
Dancingonthekitchenfloor Dancingonthekitchenfloor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

quote:
Originally posted by Zinquaff:
What cultures intrest you?
Have you had expeirence traveling?
Would you be alone?

and most important, how much is �2000 in real, not madeup money?



Yeh I guess �2000 is a little optimistic, but I will be working for 8 months and should be able to save up.

Maybe western - Eastern europe all the way to the Black sea. With 3 or 4 other people sort of June - August time.

Apart from that I dont really know.

Thanks
 #8 
Old 2006-03-06, 19:41
Dancingonthekitchenfloor Dancingonthekitchenfloor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

quote:
Originally posted by Zinquaff:
What cultures intrest you?
Have you had expeirence traveling?
Would you be alone?

and most important, how much is �2000 in real, not madeup money?



*No experience of independent travelling either
 #9 
Old 2006-03-06, 20:17
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

quote:
Originally posted by Dancingonthekitchenfloor:
Yeh I guess �2000 is a little optimistic, but I will be working for 8 months and should be able to save up.

Maybe western - Eastern europe all the way to the Black sea. With 3 or 4 other people sort of June - August time.

Apart from that I dont really know.

Thanks


*Caspian. For the win.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:04
floyd the barber floyd the barber is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ideas for a travelling gap year

You're gay.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics