About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Travellers Travails
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Travellers Travails Travel tips, places to go, things to do.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-01-26, 00:00
Geek Geek is offline
Regular
 
Default Isle of Man

Who here has been to the Isle of Man (or Mann)?

The place where celtic crosses are everywhere and cats don't have tails.
 #2 
Old 2006-01-26, 11:01
Regular
 
Fuck you
Default Re: Isle of Man

Leopard man!
 #3 
Old 2006-01-27, 19:07
S t o y v e S t o y v e is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

Been there several times when I was younger (eg 4 or 5), went camping with my dad for a few days at a time.
My dad used to bike around there with my uncle, as well. As soon as I can buy a proper motorbike I'm going too. The one thing I love about that place is that there's no speed limit.
 #4 
Old 2006-01-28, 04:22
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

It's like going back to the 1950s.
 #5 
Old 2006-01-28, 05:32
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: Isle of Man

ive heard about this place, sounds really cool. if i ever get to the UK ill make it a priority.
 #6 
Old 2006-01-30, 11:08
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

Never been there, but from what I've heard it sounds like there isn't a huge amount to do, a few museums and scattered resturants and giftshops. I think people go for the sceneary or to just say they went to the Isle of Man.
 #7 
Old 2006-02-01, 18:34
WorldFamous WorldFamous is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

The main attraction with the Isle of Man is the lack of a speed limit when you're outside of the towns.
 #8 
Old 2006-02-03, 23:45
dixon_2000ca dixon_2000ca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

Ya, I know a family that moved to Canada from there. They miss is but ever since they mentioned there is no speed limits outside of town I've always wanted to check that out
 #9 
Old 2006-02-21, 06:42
Snoil-nine Snoil-nine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

my family is originally from the isle of man
The O'mann Family later changed to Manning in the U.S.
 #10 
Old 2006-02-23, 01:28
Lord Sorpington Lord Sorpington is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

Go for the motorcycling opportunites, stay for the fact they still have steam trains!

I hate that place. Every time I've been, I've become violently ill in some way or another.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-06, 19:26
Melba666 Melba666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

The pubs!!!
 #12 
Old 2006-03-07, 14:30
dirk dirk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

My grandmother says we have a history going back 800 years there ,Milrae I think it's spelt
still got rellies there I think,
she always told me some of the the sayings from there, the only one I can remember is "If you ever see cobwebs in a house you know your welcome" something like that.

I was always going to record on tape what she had to say ,never did and I'll always regret it,just hope my brothers and sisters have a better memory then me.
Maybe I should give the Canada trip up and go find my roots in the Isle of mann .Might find some rellies to put me up lol.

 #13 
Old 2006-03-12, 16:04
raptorman raptorman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

quote:
Originally posted by Esplender:
Leopard man!


no, he lives on the isle of skye. Yeah, once you get out of town, the isle of man has no speed limits. It's also legal to own handguns there.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:46
saycat saycat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Isle of Man

also the drinking age is 13
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics