About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-23, 01:13
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default "He is refining his methods... he is evolving..."

Maybe this would fit better in the Mad Scientist section, or Science of the Damned even. I don't know for sure. Anyway:

I've been going through several meditative exercises relating to eastern science and medicine lately. Scientifically, I would normally discount anything regarding Chi, but after doing them for a week, I'd be an idiot for denying the evidence of my own senses.

Does anyone else know of exercises designed to 1) break old constraints on the mind, 2) allow an unbiased view of the world to be reached, 3) promote new neural connections in the brain? If you have any info on things such as that, I'd be very interested.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-23, 12:50
Ikba333 Ikba333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "He is refining his methods... he is evolving..."

Check out a book called, "The Complete System of Self-Healing: The Internal Exercises"
by: Dr. Stephen T. Chang

It has various 'exercises' for various ailments. I found it really informative....but there is so much good stuff, you should read it.!

Hope that is of some use to you!~
 #3 
Old 2002-12-23, 15:36
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "He is refining his methods... he is evolving..."

Self Hypnotism or Neuro-Linguistic Programming.

I also stumbled across a website once wich claims to have made a small handheld 'machine' which emits 'chi' or life-force. I'm sorry i dont remember the adddress but it can't be that hard to find as it sounds verry original.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics