About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-18, 19:42
damklz damklz is offline
Regular
 
Default Mind machines

I�m a currently researching mind machine�s, bio-feed back device�s, headset�s that play light and sound at specific frequencies and patterns. I�m fairly impressed but I�m not sure how much of this is reasoning and how much I am influenced by the idea of such machines, after all they look and sound so nifty!

What are your own views on mind machines and does any one have any positive, negative or neutral experiences with them. Am I wasting my time with these things or is it worth investing in/building one?

Any help/opinions appreciated.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-18, 20:21
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mind machines

theres a real good "mind machine" site that is a link at lyceaum.com or whatever it is. that drug website. i dont know much about them.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-18, 21:01
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mind machines

Here you go,

Download a free brainwave generator at:
http://www.bwgen.com/

Have fun!! ;)


 #4 
Old 2002-12-21, 03:28
Moderator
 
toronto
Default Re: Mind machines

I used to work for a buddy who owned a little company that would set up sessions on these machines for ravers in the early 90's. Basically they were wicked fun when on acid or another hallucinagen, but sober I didnt find them the least bit interesting. Ie, while they claimed they could manipultate brain waves (Alpha to Delta, or whatnot), I never truly experienced any significant effects. One night we had a guy who must have been an epileptic (photic), and he went into a seizure. We had to call an ambulence to this huge party and when they got there I was trying to explain what actually happenned and they thought I was insane.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics