About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 11:19
Mayhem Manic Mayhem Manic is offline
Regular
 
Default Breakfast Cereal

I was wondering if eating cereal for breakfest is as healthy as all of the major ceral producers try to make you beleaive in their adds.

They often have sports heros saying that it is good for you and also dietitions.

I personaly eat 3 eggs on toast OR bakedbeans on toast.

I feel that I have much more energy to do physical things than when I used to eat cereals.


I just think that these big companys find it better to tell you that cereal is good for you so that they make money, rather than tell you to eat eggs, just beacuse they can't realy make money if everyone ate eggs for breakfast.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 11:32
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

Well considering most cereals have essential vitamins they are indeed healthy. You can tell the good from the bad though. Dont eat Cookie Crisp and expect to be healthy or get benefits from it. Cereals like Special K or Bran or something has calcium in it. Along with other nutrients.

I would go get a box to look off of but I am in school right now so I can't help you further.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:17
AnTi-YoU AnTi-YoU is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

I sometimes have cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I hope its healthy.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-18, 08:48
Mayhem Manic Mayhem Manic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

The thing is that the companys add these vitamins, they are not naturally in the cereals.

Eggs on the otherhand have everything that a chicken needs to develop. It has lots of different things that are good for you, and they are all natural.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-22, 07:15
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

i hate this arguement. what is defined as natural? and how is it better? i mean all things come from "nature". and even if u ca define something as nature why is it better than madmade shit. we have the abilty to shove all the good shit from breakfast into a pill size thingy.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-22, 08:48
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

Cereal is good for what it is- a quick, no muss, no fuss meal. Eggs and toast and beans may be better, but it also takes a lot more work to prepare them.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-22, 17:45
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

Lol, beans in the morning?
 #8 
Old 2002-12-22, 23:21
Ghost*Pumpkin*88 Ghost*Pumpkin*88 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem Manic:
I was wondering if eating cereal for breakfest is as healthy as all of the major ceral producers try to make you beleaive in their adds.

They often have sports heros saying that it is good for you and also dietitions.

I personaly eat 3 eggs on toast OR bakedbeans on toast.

I feel that I have much more energy to do physical things than when I used to eat cereals.


I just think that these big companys find it better to tell you that cereal is good for you so that they make money, rather than tell you to eat eggs, just beacuse they can't realy make money if everyone ate eggs for breakfast.




Yes. It's called marketing my friend.

Cereal is good for you if you are the type of person who excersizes alot in a day (has alot of carbohydrate-give you energy). If you are going on a diet or something I wouldn't recommend cereal. Only reason I would is because it's a quick meal. But if you have time go with ham & eggs. Give you some energy, but not so much that you can't sleep at night if you didnt do anything to get rid of the energy.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-23, 04:24
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

It is good to have protein in the morning (does anyone remember why? I just remember reading it)
 #10 
Old 2003-01-03, 08:21
Mr.Fubar Mr.Fubar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

Certain Cereals live Vive and Vector are good for you because they have protien in them to and not too much sugar. Milk helps make cereal healthy. Myself, I work out and am triing to gain weight so I either have eggs or I make a one of those whey Protien shakes. They are quick and yummy and give me more carbs and protien any cereal would.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-05, 22:37
Phlab Phlab is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

Most people think that the cereal, itself, is healthy - this is a load of bullshit, depending on what type.

Most cereals out there are some sort of puffed grain product, coated in sugar. Basically, it's like eating some candy for breakfast and popping in a vitamin afterwards.

If you want a healthy breakfast, go for the unsweetened, multi-grain type cereals.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-08, 15:37
xxxJEWxxx xxxJEWxxx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Breakfast Cereal

There is a study to find out that if the new laws of enriching childrens cereals with multy vitamins has anything to do with how the newer generations of today have grown from the average height of 5'10 for males to 6'2. and how Girls have also grown an average in height but also go through puberty at a much younger age.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics