About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-11, 01:43
GlobalCry GlobalCry is offline
Regular
 
Default Lucid Dreaming

Anyone know about the whole lucid dreaming thing? Its where you can control your dreams and pretty much make your own conscious realitly while you are asleep. I really want to get itt o work.. can soemone help me out?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-11, 02:13
brainuser brainuser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

If you could manipulate your brain to such an extent, I'm sure you could find something more productive to do with such a talent.

As for lucid dreaming, I've never heard of it.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-11, 03:53
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

is that the same as a wet dream?

--- ---
 #4 
Old 2002-12-11, 05:19
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Its a pretty long process. There is actually a whole website out there. I'll tell you what I remember from it. Everytime you dream you write down what it was about right when you get up or during the course of the day. This will make you remember your dreams and you will pay more attention to them and in the end take control of them. Dont quote me on any of that.
http://members.aol.com/Aarenka/vision.html

that seems like a good enough guide
 #5 
Old 2002-12-11, 09:19
joho joho is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I got intrested in this when i was younger.The first time i did lucid dream i tryed to fly which i did for about a minute then i flew in to a log in the sky.I got better whith practice any way this is how i did it.I got a vibrating watch with a hourly vibrate each time it vibrated i looked round to see if any thing was odd or if it seemed sureal after about a week this happend in my dream when you do it try small changes at first and bigger ones as you get better.

[This message has been edited by joho (edited 12-11-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-12-11, 10:11
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

interesting, i wondor if u could get rid of dreams all together
 #7 
Old 2002-12-11, 11:13
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

i lucid dream sometimes

just go to a search engine and type lucind dreaming
 #8 
Old 2002-12-12, 20:24
ExiledFromEden ExiledFromEden is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Ive heard of that concept before, its pretty cool. A while back they used it as a concept for a Star Trek episode.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-12, 21:40
exist exist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

yeah i heard that shit was amazing. some dude was telling me his crazzy kong fu friend learned it and he could train himself to fight wile he was sleeping
 #10 
Old 2002-12-13, 22:04
CallMeBob CallMeBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

personaly i think its an urban legend but if it was real it would be cool
 #11 
Old 2002-12-14, 07:29
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

You can't have an opinion to whether it exists or not, it's a fact.

They're are many many many websites documenting people's experiences and techniques in order to lucid dream.

I've done it a few times myself, and I know for a fact it isn't a Urban Legend CallMeBob.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-14, 16:24
S.O.H S.O.H is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Just try some LSD


uh..Children LSD is bad mmm...kay
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 00:04
ookabooka ookabooka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I have done this quite a bit. I usually lucid dream every other night or so. It is hard to force yourself to lucid dream. Basically, It works best when you are extremely tired. Concentrate on something that you want to dream about, as soon as you hit stage 1 sleep, you will notice that your imagination seems more vivid, from here on out it is just a matter of balancing conscious and sub-conscious thought. If you think you are too awake, don't think so much, let your sub-conscious mind take over. Don't worry if you catch yourself completely off track, this will happen a lot and is normal. Its all about suggesting themes to your sub-conscious mind and not consciously imagining the things. . . I hope this made sense. . .feel free to ask quesitons, I will try to answer.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:26
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

of course its real. i honestly thought everyone done it untill i read this thread!
I do it on a regular basis and i love it to bits. I can do literally ANYTHING while in my dreams. Ever been inside a FPS game and kill people and fly and invent guns and fuck the other players and stuff. That is one of my favourites at the moment. My overall favourite is 'flyng', sometimes i go so high that i really scare myself, then make myself just fall from that hight.
This whole lucid thing really is worth getting into.You can do ANYTHING.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:29
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

ookabooka -thats not lucid dreaming.
i know what your trying to grt at and this works best if you think of the theme quite intensly and then forget about it and think about something else while you sleep.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 21:22
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Is this like when your half asleep, and you think your like jumping or something and your leg shakes involuntary although your dazed thinking just before as a fragment of your conciousness but in a sleep like stupor thinking oh no, Im about to be shaken awake, then your leg shakes involuntarily as part of the jumping in your head and you are wrenched to conciousness and it takes forever for you to get back to sleep?
 #17 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:30
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

No, is you were half asleep you simply wouldn't be able to go to such deep levels inside yourself.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-21, 20:10
KjeXz0r KjeXz0r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Ooh, i've heard of this, i haven't done it though.. :/
I would have a very lot of wet dreams. :P
So, how do you do it.. like how do you control your mind when you're asleep?
Is it intense and tiring?


- Kay
 #19 
Old 2002-12-21, 20:21
buster_hymen buster_hymen is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

is it anything like astral projection? I've tried astral projection several times and have come pretty close, and it's simple as hell, too...
 #20 
Old 2002-12-25, 22:09
ChrisK ChrisK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

The key to lucid dreaming is realising that what you are experiencing is a dream. As yourself "Is this real? In the real would would a small translucent mouse eat a great big elelphant?". If your not sure then junp up and try to fly, or will something around you to change while your not looking. Once realization of the dreamworld dawns on you then you can control it...the sky is the limit

First few times you may find you wake up shortly after thi relevation that you are dreaming but dont let that deter you, with time and practice you can make a night seem like a year.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-25, 22:32
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

If you define lucid dreaming as being aware that you're dreaming, I've done it a few times.

If you define lucid dreaming as being aware of and controlling your dreams, then this is something I've yet to experience.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-25, 22:49
red bud red bud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming takes practice... First you should start with trying to recall your dreams that you have. Do this every morning, I did it for a while by writing my dreams down. I did it so maybe I could realize I was dreaming while I was dreaming. Because that's what you supposedly have to do to Lucid dream. An easier way to have more clear dreams is to take lots of Vitamin B6. yah. Oh and I like to eat a little hashish before bed, works like a charm for kickass dreams. But if you start to Lucid Dream please post about it. Imagine the things you could do... muahaha
 #23 
Old 2002-12-26, 16:51
foul matter foul matter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I think Lucid Dreaming is a very interesting topic. I first decided to look into it when I saw an article about it on Totse. I've only done it once, but kinda forgot about it after awhile. I would still like to though...

Here's a suggestion for those of you who are actually good at it:
(I read this from some website)
Try splitting yourself in two, and have your other have be the opposite sex. Then... fuck em. I heard it can be quite an experience...
 #24 
Old 2003-01-11, 05:17
FatDaddy FatDaddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by CallMeBob:
personaly i think its an urban legend but if it was real it would be cool

Man, that's pretty wrong. Lucid dreaming isn't an urban legend, but it is a skill that must be mastered over time.

Lucid dreaming simply involves realizing you are dreaming in the middle of, well, a dream. This can be done by doing what are known as "reality checks", in which you make a habit of examining your surroundings (like reading words in a book), then looking away, then looking back to see if anything has changed. Now, because nobody does this as a habit, you will have to make it one. Ask yourself, on a regular basis, whether or not you are dreaming, and find some evidence to back it up.

Also, you can record the events of your dream right after the REM phase in your sleep, when the memories are freshest in your mind, and recording them in a dream journal, or something of the like (Don't bother telling yourself you'll remember the dream later, either, because 80% of the time, very few, if any, of the important details of your dream remain). Soon you will be able to recognize these elements while dreaming, and will be able to take full control.

But of course, the excitement caused by the knowledge that one is dreaming can sometimes cause them to wake up, in turn, essentially blowing what you've worked for, not to mention losing sleep in the process. So, if you feel you're about to wake, just start spinning around; it works for most lucid dreamers.

Keep questing for that Holy Grail.
http://www.dreamviews.com/
 #25 
Old 2003-01-11, 18:11
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Two posts just recently annoyed me.
Osiris's and that brain-guy's.
First of all, you can QUESTION anything.
Second, who are you to judge what is productive for people?

I've been able to wake myself from a dream, and also I tend to be aware I am in the dream.
I also feel that I have a degree of freedom in my dreams.
 #26 
Old 2003-01-11, 18:57
ookabooka ookabooka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

What I suggested is a meditation like technique. The thing is, if you are exhaused, you will easily slip into sleep. Meditation lingers around the border of stage 1 and stage 2 sleep. Dreaming during stage 1 is not really dreaming, more if a vivid imagination. Dreaming during stage 2 is where your subconscious mind takes over, this is the most common part of sleep as well. Eventually after being in stage 2 for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours you will enter REM. REM is hard to classify as a sleep stage, since it has unique properties, though it is closer to stage 3. Stage 4 and 5 are simply-put: hibernation. If you want to actually say "I'm going to lucid dream tonight" than I suggest trying what I do. If you simply want to lucid dream, but dont' care when, do what everyone else says. Catching yourself in the middle of a dream is usually more vivid than doing it my way.
 #27 
Old 2003-01-28, 00:20
butters_vengence butters_vengence is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I have had several spontaneous lucid dreams and can say wholeheartedly that Lucid Dreaming is indeed a real occurence.

I have read many documents,books on the subject, and there are just as many views and methods of obtaining the lucid dream state.

Basically, for some reason, you become consiouss of the fact that you are dreaming.

The first time this happened to me was after I had been really sick and fatigued and I got up to ride my bike to work at about 2am. I ended up getting woozy on the way there and passed out on the side of the road in a ditch. When I came to about a half hour later, I rode back home and went to sleep.

That was when it happened. I dont remember how I knew I was dreaming, but I do remember I was consciouss of presence both in the dream and in my body lying in bed at the same time. This I later found out was called "bi-location" where you can be consciouss of being in two places at once.

This happened throughout the night where I would remember I was dreaming, be able to control it(flying, punching through doors and then rematerializing them,etc),then get snapped into another dream where I had to remember I was dreaming all over again.

I ended up getting to a scary part where I didnt know If I was asleep or awake, and I could feel my body paralyzed in the "real" world. I ended up being able to throw my arm up and slap my self in the face till I was actually able to wake all the way up.

Since then I have had a few spontaneous occurences but never to the same degree or lucidity as the first one. I have tried to develop it as a skill but with limited success, as I dont stick with things for very long before I give up.

Some people believe that if your lucid dreaming, your only one step away from achieving a full blown out of body experience (OBE), wich I believe I have been able to achieve with slightly better success.

 #28 
Old 2003-01-28, 06:32
Kahle86 Kahle86 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I'm not sure whether or not it is considered lucid dreaming, but I recently had trouble sleeping, so I took some sleep aides. I've been told that the sleep you get isn't really GOOD sleep, but in the lower stages of the Circadian cycle which isn't nearly as restful. I kept waking up in my room, staring at my ceiling, but couldn't move my body or head. At first I felt like I was paralysized, but when I began to hear my friend's voice I realized I was dreaming. I tried to respond and woke up. I went right back to sleep into the same state and was able to slowly stay there longer. It took almost all night to respond, and then it became annoying. I couldn't get any real sleep, only that weird paralytic semi-sleep, but I could interact. I wasn't fully dreaming, but the people I was talking to weren't there...it was almost like having voices in my head. After I stopped taking the pills...which made me paranoid also...the odd half-awake dreams went away.
 #29 
Old 2003-01-28, 07:02
nothingSafe nothingSafe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I remember this very vividly from when i was very little(maybe 4~7yrs):

I would be kidnapped or someone would break into my house, and i would be terrified. They would be chasing me, and i would KNOW that they were going to catch me, and i knew it was a dream, and i kept trying to wake up but i couldnt. Eventually i would wake up, but i was scared shitless(no i didnt actually shit my bed, you sick fucks)
 #30 
Old 2003-01-28, 19:47
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

Here it is: http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/psychedelics/167000.html

It's called Concious dreaming. I've done it once on Vicoden. Actually I think I just went into a world where I could make myself feel however I wanted to and see crazy colors. Oh well.


You need months of practice to get it to work. Practice, meaning hardcore meditation and forced visual hallucinations (in teh dark) before you go to sleep. I've done the practice once. I'll practice more during summer, when school's out, and I have more time to sleep. Yeah. READ THAT LINK.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics