About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-08, 05:36
Doofnoil Doofnoil is offline
Regular
 
Default I can see my spine

I know I'm incredibly skinny, but today i caught a glimpse of my back in the mirror and christ, i look almost as bad as that guy in that aphex twins video.well not THAT bad but too close for comfort. I consider myself to have poor posture. I'm on a computer slouched over, on a skateboard slouched over or slouched over somewhere else. What are some suggestions to remedy this problem? It's really sick looking.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-08, 12:50
Hypernovean Hypernovean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

Stand up straight and go to McDonalds.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-08, 13:28
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

Well if you do push-ups and pull-ups your back will gain all kinds of gnarly muscles. It works for me and I have trouble getting and keeping muscle mass. A pull-up bar is about 20 bucks and you just twist the handles so they squeeze into a door frame, and push-ups are free!
Pull-ups develope the lower back and push-ups the upper back. Can't lose.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-08, 13:52
ThoughtRiot ThoughtRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

Go to the docter. I slouched to, didn't know why, and when I tried to stand up straight, eventualy I slowly started to slouch again. So I went...turns out I have scoliosis, and hemivertabrea (I'm either missing my 6th vertabrea, or its to fucked up to tell). Theres nothing they can really do about it. Live with it.


Take Care
~ThoughtRiot
 #5 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:29
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

Of course, if you don't have it, start standing up straight so you don't get it.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-11, 00:15
Hune Hune is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

I used to have the same problem.

Just try to be as concious as possible about your posture when your sitting, standing, skating etc, and have your posture as straight as possible.

Building muscle tone in your upper/lower back helps alot to.

 #7 
Old 2002-12-11, 20:19
Mr.Fubar Mr.Fubar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

I agree with those guys. If your serious about workin out check out a personal trainer. You would be amazed at the ways they can help you by knowing your problem areas and how to improve them.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-11, 20:46
nw freak nw freak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

quote:
How much weight do those bars hold?Originally posted by SATURNROCKETX:
Well if you do push-ups and pull-ups your back will gain all kinds of gnarly muscles. It works for me and I have trouble getting and keeping muscle mass. A pull-up bar is about 20 bucks and you just twist the handles so they squeeze into a door frame, and push-ups are free!
Pull-ups develope the lower back and push-ups the upper back. Can't lose.



 #9 
Old 2002-12-26, 01:01
Chronic-Smoker Chronic-Smoker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I can see my spine

i slouch a lot, sometimes get back pains. I usually have a friend pop my back and it usually works for about 2 weeks then i need it pop again.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics