About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-06, 19:34
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Treatment for burns?

I have all three types of burns on my left hand....First,Second and Third...Just mainly First and Second...and I have about 5 black blisters...I havnt poped the blisters because I hear that is bad...I but the bactine stuff on it as well as a band aid...But its all nasty looking like the skin was white and stunk and I cant bend my fingers to well.Its mainly the index which is just first degree with two blisters and a black little line thing under the skin and my middle finger which was the finger with the third degree burn...I took off the band aids and let the air get to them and they look a little better...But what are some other things I can do? And I still have a slite ringing from the explsion...So many people have told me to go to the doctor but thats is the last place I wanna go....Is there anyway to lessen the ringing?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:01
brainuser brainuser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

You have first, second, and third degree burns yet the last person you want to see is a doctor? Do you think you are going to receive medical advise of any value from people you don't know and who haven't examined your injuries? I think you need to see a radiologist and have him check for brain damage.



[This message has been edited by brainuser (edited 12-06-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:04
brainuser brainuser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?





[This message has been edited by brainuser (edited 12-06-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-06, 20:25
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

quote:
Originally posted by brainuser:
You have first, second, and third degree burns yet the last person you want to see is a doctor? Do you think you are going to receive medical advise of any value from people you don't know and who haven't examined your injuries? I think you need to see a radiologist and have him check for brain damage.

[This message has been edited by brainuser (edited 12-06-2002).]



Actually I do know what to do I just want some second opinions...
 #5 
Old 2002-12-06, 21:52
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

i had a sme sort of thing to do with a petrol tank!(ouch!)
Just keep the bands on, and dry they will heal!
 #6 
Old 2002-12-06, 22:34
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

3rd degrees burn require medical care. There's not really any home remedies that will help.

For the others, I use neosporin and band aids. I change the dressings daily and keep an eye out for infections. There's also a type of bandaid that has some kind of gel in it that helps the pain quite a bit.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-09, 03:57
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

:simpsons:

homer: hello, my name is mister burns. I believe you have a letter for me.

guy: ok mr. burns uhhhh what's your first name?

homer: .............I don't know....

--- ---
 #8 
Old 2002-12-09, 19:46
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

Get an alo vera plant and break that sucker off.

This is not a substitute for medical treatment though. Go get medical treatment if at all possible or you could wind up losing your whole fucking hand.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 20:06
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

Vinegar and water might help if it hurts.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:06
Diseased Camel Diseased Camel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

I know you don't want to go to the doctor but you don't have a choice if you want to keep your hand and have it heal completely.

Theoretically, home remedies work, but are you bet your hand's ability to function on it?
 #11 
Old 2002-12-11, 20:08
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

Well what the fuck can the doctor do that I can't? I wanna know what the hell he does...and if I can manipulate that....The wounds where the skin were black are still open and don't seem to be healing.I have a better ability to move my hands now...The fingers are not as stiff...
 #12 
Old 2002-12-12, 00:17
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

It's not what the doc can do, it's what he knows and, more importantly, has access to in terms of medical equipment.

Go.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-12, 13:55
the_mean_farmer the_mean_farmer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

Clean and debred the burns..

I had serious burns when I was younger..

Was your burn related to pyrotechnic accident? if so what chemicals were used?

some chemicals such as potassium permanganate embeds it self it is a serious oxidiser and if contacted with water it becomes unstable and can worsen the burn..

If you are not familiar with first aid or do not have any one you know that is familiar with first aid, get to the emergency room..
If you fear being reported to the cops for some whacked out experiment gone awry, you need to reconsider shame and fear of "legal" repercussion vs health? Lets see... I'd choose health and get out of what ever shit youv'e gotten yourself into..

A doctor will debred the wounds with saline solution, (not available at the local pharmacy!)
then begin a regimen of daily soaking in a betadine solution, and bandaging after..


Don't be a dumbass.. get it checked out..
 #14 
Old 2002-12-13, 07:11
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
The wounds where the skin were black are still open and don't seem to be healing.


If that isn't a reason to see a doctor I don't know what is.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-13, 15:58
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

Don't be stupid. Go to the doctor or emergency room immediately.

With burns that are open you are risking a serious infection that could end in the loss of your hand or fingers.

Don't take a chance. Go now.

J.C. Stanton
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 06:51
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

i have to agree with the otehrs, better be safe than sorry man
 #17 
Old 2002-12-21, 17:54
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Treatment for burns?

You are suffering from the most easily infected wound the body can suffer, the source of the most complications, and you don't want to see a doctor? Hey, I don't mean to be an asshole, but if they have to remove the burned limbs, don't be surprised. See a doc NOW for chrissake.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics