About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-05, 20:47
south-of-freaky south-of-freaky is offline
Regular
 
Default a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

how do you feel about this and what are you on if anything, and do you ever abuse it
 #2 
Old 2002-11-05, 21:26
exist exist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

fuck yeah, power to the people.
they say i got ADD or ADHD one of them same shit, but if u ask me is bullshit. i dont pay atention that well... wtf?
but whatever i take no drugs for it. its not a problem just some asshat doctor or teacher thought of the idea that its a disiese.
but i use it as an excuse in school when i dont do hw or somethen, it works great.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-06, 03:43
blacksheep18 blacksheep18 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

I have the shit, its a real thing, I can understand how some poeple think its not a real disease even people who have it but, the difference is I developed it. I literaly went from A's to D's in one year. Its not that bad as long as you get pills, meth and speed in general help you calm down a little and focus on one thing for all of you who have never heard of "smart drugs" experiance its WAY the fuck out there when the meth hits you when you have ADD. The world slows down and everything becomes an easy task. our body chemistry is extreamly different from normal people and even between people with certain kinds of ADD. Things like "stay awakes" loaded with caffine can hit me as strong as heroin with near identical effects. A friend of a friend took two niquil gel caps and tripped like he was on acid. although there are very strong differences in body chemistry there are resonably similar effects with most recreational drugs I have tried. Alchohol, THC, pain killers, and several "legal highs" all seem to work identical with a recognisable higher tolerance level to these than normal people. There are two recouring aspects common ly associated with people with ADD proven through scientific legitimate studies: A higher than average IQ and a suprisingly low rate of chemical addiction in comparison to normal people. any questions go ahead.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-06, 18:46
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

when i was a kid i was diagnosed as having adhd. i was put on ritalin and later on adderol(sp?). i refused to take the medication after a while and i seem to be doing pretty good now. i think its a crutch people use for being lazy and not wanting to study or pay attention, ect. in this day and age it seems that theres new head problems all the time and even more medication to supposedly fix it. expensive meds. at that.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-07, 00:05
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

Any medical problem that someone can't be proven to have or not have is used as an excuse. In the 1st-3rd grades my teachers said I had ADD. In 7th grade I scored in the 90th percentile in the S.A.T. or A.C.T.(I can't remember which one it was).They just assumed I had the disorder because my grades sucked (and still do). The reason is that a long time ago I realized the ridiculousness of the entire school system and the superficiality of most classes. I learn twice as much in school as most of my peers by filtering out the copious amounts of bullshit they feed us. And doing the homework is a waste of time if I already know the information. What do I care weather or not the school system knows I know the info ?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-08, 02:53
dirtymexican dirtymexican is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

you know, i have actually wondered a time or two or three or seventy, if i possibly had add. i had checked up on medical searches for any noticeable signs or characteristics about it, and i acutally saw that the characteristics it labeled i had, and on a normal basis, not like when i choose not to pay attention. its really been buggin me lately with it being my senior year, and its really noticeable in my schoolwork, because i can never seem to focus in my easy or non challenging classes, like i cant get into it and i am constantly getting into trouble for not paying attention or i keep talking even after im told not to talk. i find it odd though, because if i look at my transcript, i can find all of the challenging classes or college level classes that i have taken only because they all had A's as the final grade. i have actually been trying to get tested for it, because seriously i think that i might truly have it, but my mom thinks its just a copout, or i am just trying to blame my poor schoolwork on something easy. what do you all think?

Dm
 #7 
Old 2002-11-08, 03:02
dirtymexican dirtymexican is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

ok, i dont know how to edit posts, so i will just add to my other one. I missed a few posts because i skipped over them, and one of them said something about an overly large iq. i recently took a true doctor ( psychiatrist i think) administered test and my iq came out as a 168, and from what the doc told me, anything over 160 is considered very very good. i can actually see my iq being that high, because when i can set my mind on something, say for instance, when i got into that buglary stage just this last summer, i had the whole plan worked out in under ten minutes and was actually capable of pulling off a successful heist in less then an hour for almost 15 grand. well, i cant say it was too successful, i got caught, but i guess with large money amounts, you always do. yeah, turned out my so called friend ratted me out, and we both got into shit (hey, he takes me down, i will bring him with me) the only reason im not in jail, was because a first offense and i am a minor. honest in all respects, i think i am too smart, but i find it odd that i can be so smart and still possibly have a problem. just figured i would add that, since i am dumb enought to not know how to edit my posts.

Dm
 #8 
Old 2002-11-08, 18:49
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue genious:
Any medical problem that someone can't be proven to have or not have is used as an excuse. In the 1st-3rd grades my teachers said I had ADD. In 7th grade I scored in the 90th percentile in the S.A.T. or A.C.T.(I can't remember which one it was).They just assumed I had the disorder because my grades sucked (and still do). The reason is that a long time ago I realized the ridiculousness of the entire school system and the superficiality of most classes. I learn twice as much in school as most of my peers by filtering out the copious amounts of bullshit they feed us. And doing the homework is a waste of time if I already know the information. What do I care weather or not the school system knows I know the info ?


I hear that. That is about exactly what I went through. I always did good on tests and shit, but realy didn't like the "copious amounts of bullshit". What was realy fun was pointing out each and every flaw in what the system was trying to cram down our throughts. That is the only way I stayed sane.

Well, relitivly sane. Who want's to be normal anyway?
 #9 
Old 2002-11-12, 02:41
jodathmorr jodathmorr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

Its a conspiracy!!

Aparently I have ADD (my parents made me do some testing with my brother). I don't think I do but thats what they say. I refuse to take any pills for it. I do really well in school, i'm attentive, im a B+ student, but very lazy when it comes to school stuff. I don't think ADD is a real disease. I just think people's brains work a little differently. Some people learn by hearing, some by doing. Some people can understand one thing but not another. Like I suck at math but I am really good at the sciences and history. Its a person to person thing.

Try this simple test. Find something that intrests you (computers for example). Find something to read or do involving what you chose. Something not to complicated. Were you able to understand and remember most of what you did? A lot of the problems people have is that the material they are learning is boring or unintresting. Find something that intrests you and you'll hopefully be able to pay attention to it.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-12, 15:50
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

My theory on A.D.D, A.D.H.D., etc is that there is a mal-function of your lower brain or thalamus. Perhaps there is a lack of blood flow (which can be concluded with a P.E.T. Scan)

Or even yet, a malfunctioning of your norepinephrine; it also inhibits the neuronal re-uptake of dopamine to some extent. Wellbutrin concentrates on those two nuerochemicals. Good luck!
 #11 
Old 2002-11-13, 18:33
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a.d.d./a.d.h.d.

I have ADD. I am on the medicine Concerta. I rarely use it. I do not think much of ADD or ADHD
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics