About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-18, 02:50
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Help me prove my bf wrong

Is sitting on stone or cold surfaces bad for your bones or if your a female reproductive system? Well, I shouldnt be asking this because I am sure because it sounds ubsurd! All I want from yewz guyz is some scientific intelligent words (besides from what I've tried to say) to convince him he's wrong! He's getting his MBA at a very prestigous school and is so smart but I don't know why he's so goddamn stubborn.

I know this sounds stupid guys but I hate losing an argument! hahahah

Annabelle

 #2 
Old 2002-10-18, 04:19
stiggz stiggz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

I heard that it could give you constipation and shit.... which would suck. But never heard about anything pertaining to the fem reproductive system. that does sound crazy. ? why don't you just sit somewhere warm and avoid annoying arguments with your b/f?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-18, 04:43
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

Sitting on rocks, period, for overly extensive amounts of time could prove a little irritating to your bones, but that's because it's a hard surface. Affect your reproductive organs? Maybe if you lived on the fucking things, I don't know, but then, humans weren't exactly designed to live on cold rocks. You're not going to have any permanent effects from sitting on them for a couple of hours, or even sleeping on them for the night in a pinch.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-18, 14:49
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

Just get him drunk, and in the morning, tell him that you proved it the night before, and he doesn't remember. That always works.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-18, 15:40
Moderator
 
toronto
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

HEMORROIDS!!!!!!
 #6 
Old 2002-10-18, 19:52
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

LOL!! It IS stupid isn't it? We hardly ever fight and I just got so fed up with arguing with him over this stupid issue (we go to the parks and subways places that have stone benches and whatnot so it's a reocurring issue) and thought that you guys would help. You made me laugh which is just as well! Thanks so much guyz!

*MUUUUUUAHHH!*

Sincerely,

Annabelle
 #7 
Old 2002-10-18, 22:45
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

I cannot think of any medical reason why sitting on clean cold rocks would damage the female reproductive system or give you constipation. It doesn't make sense.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-19, 03:55
CallMeBob CallMeBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

Sorry to disapoint you but your bf is right.
If you sit on a cold surface for a prolonged period of time be it a rock or a concrete floor it can damage your reproductictive system and posibly render you unable to have children at all...
I belive same is true for guys.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-19, 05:12
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

quote:
Originally posted by CallMeBob:
Sorry to disapoint you but your bf is right.
If you sit on a cold surface for a prolonged period of time be it a rock or a concrete floor it can damage your reproductictive system and posibly render you unable to have children at all...
I belive same is true for guys.



Can you explain how? What is the source of your information? I know for a fact that lower temperatures aid sperm production. Sometimes fertility doctors give men with low sperm counts an ice pack to wear.

 #10 
Old 2002-10-19, 05:14
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

I've been sitting on wet rocks and grass for years. And possibly gave me the sore joints I have.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-19, 21:30
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help me prove my bf wrong

Here's how women win all arguments.

"No sex for a month if you don't agree."
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics