About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:09
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

I have various tattoos, piercings and scarifications.
Everytime i get a new piece of art, it feels like its more important than just changing the look of my body.
I was just curious to see what you guys think...
 #2 
Old 2002-10-05, 20:36
DEM DEM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

I LIKE TATTOOS BUT ONLEY IF IT IS ART NOT SHIT.WHAT I MEAN IS.I HAVE SOME TATTS BUT THET MEAN SOMETHING TO ME.SOMETHING I BASE LIFE ON. AND WHAT I BELEAVE IN.I LOVE THE MOON.SO I,VE GOT TWO MOONS ONE OF A KIND MOONS ONE HAS MY NAME. DEM UNDER IT.SHORT FOR DEMON.DEMON MEANS LOST WONDERING SOUL.SOME OTHER ONES HAVE LUNA .AND ANOUTHER ONE HAS THE THIRD EYE.THERES ONE MORE I WANT ON MY CHEST IT HAS THE HI AND LOW MOONS ALONG WITH THE TREE OF LIFE.I SAW YOUR PIC YOUR VERY GOOD LOOKING.SO YOU SHOULD PRESERVE THAT MAKE SURE THEY MEAN SOMETHING TO MATCH YOUR LOOKS.LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR REGRETS.BUT WE ALL HAVE THEM.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-05, 21:26
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

Trust me, I only get primo work. Thanks for the compliment.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-06, 02:12
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

WELL I THINK TATTOOS CAN BE VERY SPIRTUALLY PURIFYING AND SO IS BRANDING AND CUTTING.

Enough of the caps. I do think cutting your skin can release tension and cause adrenaline to flow stronger. So I'd have to say yeah, tattoos can be a spirtual experience.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-06, 17:02
DEM DEM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

IVE GOT A BAD ASS PIC THAT I WANT A TATT OF EMAIL ME I,LL SEND IT TO YOU .
 #6 
Old 2002-10-07, 07:18
poor poor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

quote:
Originally posted by lilymunster:
I have various tattoos, piercings and scarifications.
Everytime i get a new piece of art, it feels like its more important than just changing the look of my body.
I was just curious to see what you guys think...



i have realised my ego and adorned myself permanently with its seal.
i am sure my art is acurate as my tattoos are with me astrally and mentally most of the time.
i am aware my art has an influence on those i choose to let view it.
it also serves to reawaken and recharge me should i disolve my ego or forget myself.
i also have word tattoos as i am a student of language and these are a definate assistance to focus.
i have also been able to bestow powers apon or awaken powers within select individuals through a little ritual work either befor or during tattooing people.
i have witnessed a similar effect happen by accident/coincidence whilste my friends have tattood customers off the street.
the origins of tattooing is something i have had difficulty 'seeing' but science observes mummies of old with tattoos of various sorts.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-08, 23:59
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

quote:
Originally posted by poor:
i have realised my ego and adorned myself permanently with its seal.
i am sure my art is acurate as my tattoos are with me astrally and mentally most of the time.
i am aware my art has an influence on those i choose to let view it.
it also serves to reawaken and recharge me should i disolve my ego or forget myself.
i also have word tattoos as i am a student of language and these are a definate assistance to focus.
i have also been able to bestow powers apon or awaken powers within select individuals through a little ritual work either befor or during tattooing people.
i have witnessed a similar effect happen by accident/coincidence whilste my friends have tattood customers off the street.
the origins of tattooing is something i have had difficulty 'seeing' but science observes mummies of old with tattoos of various sorts.



Someone's been smokeing the incense .
I think the origins of tattooing could begin with royality marking themselves and slaves being marked as slaves. Most likely the first guy to come up with it, was just drawing on himself with chalk.

 #8 
Old 2002-10-09, 15:59
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

The first tattoos where on very primative people, and it is believed they were for spiritual/medicinal purposes.

And then there were the Maori's.....
 #9 
Old 2002-10-14, 00:35
PuppetHunter PuppetHunter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

dissolve your ego huh?? could you elaborate a little more on that one?

of course it's spiritual, so why did you get that particular tattoo?
 #10 
Old 2002-10-14, 06:17
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

I don't think it's all that spiritual. At least not anymore. I know several people with tattoos, and pretty much without exception they either got them because they think they look cool, or because it has some particular meaning to them (eg dead child). It does, however, seem to be addictive, in the same way that, say, upgrading your computer or tinkering with your car can be. Perhaps you are feeling some sort of release that may seem spiritual.

Personally I really don't see the point of piercings/tattoos/scarification/other BMs (though I must admit that a vertical scar across your eye looks super badass(but the badassness is totally negated if you intentionally put it there)). I see it as very primitive, and I shun such things. I'm only interested in ascension, evolution.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-16, 19:51
antifreeze antifreeze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

Scarification? I don't get why people want to scar themselves. What is the attraction of having a scar?
 #12 
Old 2002-10-17, 03:10
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tattoos and piercings, etc-- spiritual?

quote:
Originally posted by antifreeze:
Scarification? I don't get why people want to scar themselves. What is the attraction of having a scar?


Beats the fuck out of me. For the people who get designs branded or cut into them, I guess it's the same as whatever makes people want tattoos, only more so.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics