About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:14
Regular
 
Default Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Well, this topic is being run into the ground and is probably getting annoying to frequent posters but still if any advice can be given, it'd mean the world to me.
~~~

I've been overweight most of my life (age 6-17) and I'm getting sick of it. Lol, I have manboobs for fuck sakes! It's not genetic I don't believe, it's just that I was allowed to (and did) eat anything I wished and I ballooned up and never lost it. I'm currently 5'11/240 and don't look like a stereotypically overweight person. No double chin and flabby limbs, just a huge gut and tits (laugh at me, I command it!).

Now to the questions. Assuming it's not genetics, will it be easier for me to lose weight then someone with the genetic thing? Also, I'm thinking of buying some Hydroxycut� which contains hydroxycitric acid and ephedra. Is it that effective?

Also, I've never seriously dieted in my life and was wondering how long it would take me to lose 40-50 lbs through exercise, a low carb diet, and Hydroxycut? Just wondering.

Thanks guys.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-01, 04:16
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

I don't know anything about Hydroxycut, but you can lose a lot of weight pretty damn fast with good diet and exercise, assuming you're right about not being genetically inclined towards holding into the fat. If there's anything that people tend to do when trying to get in shape, it's expect too many results too soon, then get frustrated and quit. Make the changes you need to make, stick with it, and you'll see what you want to see in time.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-01, 05:54
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Don't know about Hydroxycut, but I know for a fact that ephedrine will make you lose weight incredibly fast. It'll also make you feel like complete shit, which is why it's being demonized by the press here in Japan.

I doubt it's healthy to be taking a stimulant like ephedrine every day, just to lose weight.

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-03, 17:51
stalebeer stalebeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

k. hydroxycut and xenadrine are miracle drugs, given the right situation. when i got real sick of being fat, i went nuts and dieted and exercised and blah blah lost like 15 pounds in six months. then i found xenadrine and lost 40 pounds the first month, 100 pounds overall. went from 230 to 140. lost the bitch tits and the gut, and turns out i was somewhat ripped underneath.

problem -- two years later, im still quite addicted to xenadrine. SO take the recommended dosage and FUCKING STOP. For referrence a friend who worked at GNC for a while said xenadrine is safer than hydroxycut; its cheaper, too. both work tho, and will strip off mad water weight in the first month of use.
good luck.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-04, 07:33
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Hydroxycut have "hydroxycitricacid"(HCA) in it. It's a form of citric acid, is good for you, and for some reason eiter prevents your body from gaining fat or it makes it shed fad.... That part I don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, get something like "CitriMax" that contains HCA and no other stimulants. Hydroxycut will give you a stroke eventually...

You need to read. There's plenty of free info on the net. No one will TELL you step by step unless you pay them. Diet, exercise, and HCA if you want. The amounts are up to your research.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-04, 07:35
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Oh yeah, things like Xenadrine are stimulants. Most contain ephedrine. Ephedrine is the chemical people(mostly mexicans) make meth amphetamines from... They are not good for your brain, heart, liver, etc. They're bad for just about everything. Even your skin.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-04, 07:38
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Oh an one more thing,

quote:
will strip off mad water weight in the first month of use.


Muscle is mostly water. Fat is very dense -aka less water. Water is important for everything your body does. From transmit signals in your brain, the pump blood, to even loose weight. Do not use diuretics.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-08, 07:11
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Lol, thanks guys. Methinks I'll try Xenedrine for starters and see what happens....
 #9 
Old 2002-10-09, 11:46
TribalMunkey TribalMunkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

You can get xenadrine without ephedrine though I doubt it really helps much. And as far as using it with ephedrine it didn't do a damn thing for me except make me shake real bad. And the week or so your supposed to take off of it really really sucks. I slept throught almost all my classes and even at work a lot.
The absolute best way to lose weight in my opinion is:
1. No more sodas or fast food, none not even small samples or anything. If you got nothing else to eat then don't eat at all. The fat you gain from this crap is a real bitch to get rid of. Fat from french fries and donuts is almost impossible to burn.
2. Lots and lots of water. Some say you get bloated and all, but really after your body gets used to it you get to where drinking a couple gallons doesn't make you piss every other minute. And most people start to noticably shape up. This helps the most out of anything you can do and will speed up the whole process better than anything in my opinion.
3. Daily exercise. Do some chessey exercises every day, like pushups, situps, walking, etc. Do as much as you can and eventually you will be able to do more and more.
4. Never expect immediate results. It may take several months before you actually see any difference no matter what you do.
5. I had to have a real reason to start losing weight. It may not be the same for everyone though. Couple years back there were a lot of people I really really hated, and for some reason losing weight helped to make me feel better than them. Now that I don't really hate anyone all that much anymore it has become a little harder for me to work out and to keep trying to lose wieght. So I dunno bout this one it may just be a personel thing.

[This message has been edited by TribalMunkey (edited 10-09-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-10-09, 22:44
FixedNDilated FixedNDilated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

"Fat from french fries and donuts is almost impossible to burn."

OK, how do you suppose THAT works?! Lmao
 #11 
Old 2002-10-10, 01:38
TribalMunkey TribalMunkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.


OK, how do you suppose THAT works?! Lmao[/B][/QUOTE]

How should I know...
 #12 
Old 2002-10-10, 07:18
FixedNDilated FixedNDilated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

*Has visions of a tiny lab with a team of tiny scientists in the stomach*

*Alarm sounds*

"Red alert, red alert, here comes a donut! Right, lets make this particular fat deposit ESPECIALLY stubborn, get to work guys!"
 #13 
Old 2002-10-10, 11:52
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Do you have to be 18 to buy stuff like Xenedrine and Hydroxycut?
 #14 
Old 2002-10-10, 12:25
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

lol, what I did was go on a milkshake diet,

I had a large bannana milkshake for breakfast
an Ice coffee milk for lunch
and a chocolate milkshake for dinner,
You will not usually feel hungry, and I lost about a kilo or 2 in 3 days, but do try to have a meal once every couple of days...just for eatings sake
 #15 
Old 2002-10-11, 13:23
TribalMunkey TribalMunkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Actually I believe it is hard to break down becuase it become a very complex molecule. Wich takes the body a lot more energy than it's worth to take it apart and use it. Making it the last choice for your body as an energy source.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-11, 17:46
FixedNDilated FixedNDilated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

Look, fries and donuts are carbohydrate, which is broken down into a very easy form for the body to use;- GLUCOSE. First, the body converts enough carbohydrates into glucose to use for energy. Then some are stored in the muscles as glycogen. The rest is sent to the liver for storage, also as glycogen. Then the surplus is transformed by the liver into fat to be deposited in fatty tissues around the body.

Overall, the body can hold about a half day�s worth of energy in the form of glycogen that must be converted first back to glucose. The blood system holds about an hour�s supply of glucose.

The problem comes when you eat excess carbohydrate over an extended period which gets laid down as fat, and are not active enough to use up your glucose and glycogen reserves. The body WILL NOT turn to stored fat as a fuel source if theres glucose/glycogen available (or alcohol come to that). Its that simple. Hope that clears things up a little for you tribalmunkey
 #17 
Old 2002-10-12, 05:09
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

My friend, lisa, likes my bitchtits. so being overweight ain't that bad!

lmao
 #18 
Old 2002-10-14, 01:17
Palo Alto Palo Alto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

carbohydrates are all too often the scapegoat for poor nutrition. Yes, too many carbs WILL become fat, but 95% of the time that is NOT the problem.

Cut calories before carbs. It is entirely possible to get fat on a low carb diet.

Second, why go for Hydroxicut or Xenedrine? There's something more potent than both together: A PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-14, 06:01
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Muscle is mostly water. Fat is very dense -aka less water.


That's the exact opposite of the way it is. Muscle has a density of about 1.1gm/mL, while fat has about .8gm/mL.

Think about it--who takes up more volume, the morbidly obese guy or the bodybuilder?

 #20 
Old 2002-10-14, 06:31
FixedNDilated FixedNDilated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

"carbohydrates are all too often the scapegoat for poor nutrition. Yes, too many carbs WILL become fat, but 95% of the time that is NOT the problem."

Did you even read it properly? That wasn`t what I was saying at all.

[This message has been edited by FixedNDilated (edited 10-14-2002).]
 #21 
Old 2002-10-14, 21:30
Palo Alto Palo Alto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

I was addressing this:

Also, I've never seriously dieted in my life and was wondering how long it would take me to lose 40-50 lbs through exercise, a low carb diet, and Hydroxycut? Just wondering.

I didn't even read your post until you brought it up.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:38
FixedNDilated FixedNDilated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overplaid topic: Losing weight.... help needed.

OK then, I apologise.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics