|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-09-30, 02:41
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Endurance Training.
I need some good helpful ways to build some endurence for when I join track this spring...I run every morning at least a mile....
|
|
#2
 2002-09-30, 04:30
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
Run two miles.
What races do you run?
|
|
#3
 2002-09-30, 10:40
|
sph3ric pyramid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
You need more mileage. A mile a morning isn't going to do shit. That means you're running less than 8 min in the morning. If you're gonna run track, then
1) You need to run morning and night 2) Go on long runs (40 min.) pushing it a little 3) Do accelerations while you're out running. 4) Find an off-season program for yourself 5) WEIGHT TRAIN LIKE HELL. 6) Uhhh...yeah, but the main thing is more mileage. run at least 5 miles a day. at least. 7) Make sure you don't burn out before the season starts. You wouldn't believe the number of people who overtrain and burn out half way through the season.
8) Go check out a book called Daniel's Running Formula. Great book, goes through nutrition, training programs, and running form, as well as race stuff too.
Edit- Yeah, what're you going to be running? Again, weight training makes the difference between the losers and the winners.
Btw, you in high school?
peace out. sph3ric pyramid.
[This message has been edited by sph3ric pyramid (edited 09-30-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-09-30, 12:14
|
horns_of_baphomet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
yeah, just try and push yourself little bit more everyday. Eat lard as well, always works for me and im 476 pounds!
|
|
#5
 2002-09-30, 12:15
|
MeTtY-wAs-ErE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
thats why we call him B.A.T
Bad Ass Tubby
and a little bitch......
|
|
#6
 2002-09-30, 12:17
|
horns_of_baphomet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
fuck you fatty. I bundled the bob meister so im not sqeak anymore! mush mush, chav chav giz a pound mush
|
|
#7
 2002-09-30, 19:29
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
I run the 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500,and 3000m
I am a bit better when it comes to long distances....and yeah I am in high school...Im a junior this year....
|
|
#8
 2002-09-30, 21:34
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
try wind sprints and pack runs. Don't run on flat terrain. Pick hilly roads, the steeper the better
|
|
#9
 2002-09-30, 23:57
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
I love running the hills, in the woods. quote: Originally posted by sph3ric pyramid: 5) WEIGHT TRAIN LIKE HELL. 7) Make sure you don't burn out before the season starts.
I would think that weight training would be counterproductive to running. If you're developing the upper body, then aren't you just adding more mass that has to be carried during the race? If it's lower body, then wouldn't that restrict your stride? and make your legs tighter? And how do you burn out? I understand a psychological burn-out, but not a physical one. [This message has been edited by user X (edited 10-01-2002).]
|
|
#10
 2002-10-01, 00:02
|
GV 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
Perarescue,PJ, Para Jumper. All the same people. If you can do this...you are a god. And you will most likely win everything. http://members.tripod.com/~thede/faq.html
I post this because this "was" my dream. My dream was shatterd at about 70mph(no joke) head on. Broken femur and shatterd talus(the bone that connects the foot to the leg;) 95% recovery with bad arthritus. Such is life.
At any rate they have the best training program around.
Here is another site. Post on the boards here for training tips. Also allot of on site information. Great people www.specialtactics.com
~GV
|
|
#11
 2002-10-01, 03:49
|
sph3ric pyramid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
quote: Originally posted by user X: I love running the hills, in the woods.
I would think that weight training would be counterproductive to running. If you're developing the upper body, then aren't you just adding more mass that has to be carried during the race? If it's lower body, then wouldn't that restrict your stride? and make your legs tighter?
And how do you burn out? I understand a psychological burn-out, but not a physical one.
[This message has been edited by user X (edited 10-01-2002).]
Well, once you're in high school, you *have* to bulk up for running, or else you can't even compete. Usually almost all weight training done is local muscle endurance training, which helps the muscles utilize oxygen more efficiently. It helps in hill running, and in the kick at the end. Also, one of the major goals of weight training is to prevent injury; it strengthens tendons and ligaments, and enhances bone density. It prevents stress fractures which are a complete bitch to deal with, since they take you out of the season completely. Weight training also enhances greatly your postural support muscles in the trunk, which helps you maintain correct form when running, which makes for a more efficient stride. It shows a huge difference, when you go to races including and up to the 1600. Arm strength allows for an increased stride, and also for better form. I could go on and on about the merits of weight training, but those are the major points. The difference between a person weight training and person who's not is visible, and is most often large. About burning out. It's both a psychological and physical. A lot of people tend to overtrain in the off-season, and when they enter the pre-season, their bodies are already worn down; they're not at peak condition, they've gone past a point where their body can handle the training and recover, and things start to break down, sometimes quite literally. When you burn out, it's actually obvious, because injuries will go up in a big way. You'll also start feeling tired when training, and you won't get any faster. On the psychological side, you start feeling tired, and will try to push your body further, beyond it's bounds, thus creating more injury. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's definitely there. A lot of people burn out in the off-season, but some people burn out while in-season, working too hard on the workouts, etc. Which is why having a coach is so damned important. It's really hard to explain, unless you've actually seen it and experienced it while training. But I'm sure there are some sites or something that discuss it. Boris- You're gonna have to start working your ass off getting in shape. In high school, competitive running for the mile means times around 4:30-4:40. I was running around 5 min. frosh year (I was 13), I still wasn't fast enough to really be competitive (probably because of the psychological aspect of running against seniors 5 years older than I). To cap off an uncharacteristically long post...Running competitively is damned hard, because of those small details like nutrition, and training programs, and running form, pacing, etc. that affect your performance in a big way. peace out. sph3ric pyramid. .
|
|
#12
 2002-10-01, 07:22
|
Alex Jacobson 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
You have to break the pain barrier and push it further away each time untill your happy with yourself.....
If you want to be the best you should do it every day and try to beat it.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-01, 08:12
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
If I push my self I can do the mile in 4:42 But in the morning I think I more like jog and crap...But I just came back from running three miles and I am gonna be tired as shit tonight I can alreasy tell...I guess I will head to the gym to do some weight training during off season...I can use the schools weight room like some time next year before the season starts...
|
|
#14
 2002-10-01, 18:25
|
horns_of_baphomet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
eat lard
|
|
#15
 2002-10-02, 07:58
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
could I get a second opinion on the lard thing?
|
|
#16
 2002-10-02, 11:53
|
horns_of_baphomet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
Im just pissing. I think i did put something mildly serious earlier.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-03, 04:28
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
quote: Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB: could I get a second opinion on the lard thing?
I only recommend that if you are in a very cold climate, like Up around the Beaufort Sea, North or South Pole, Hokkaido, or Siberia.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-04, 21:12
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
Like everyone else said, just run your ass off. One mile a day will keep you fit, but you won't get any better if that's all you do. If you get tired of running all of the time, try a stair machine or bike riding. The stair machine will whoop your ass if you haven't worked on them alot before and the bike will give you something to keep you from getting as bored. Try to stay off of the pavement and wear good shoes or you'll pay for it later.
|
|
#19
 2002-10-05, 00:07
|
BuD02 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
Try swimming it's the best cardio workout you can get.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-05, 00:43
|
silentstalker060 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
quote: Originally posted by rlpinca: Try to stay off of the pavement and wear good shoes or you'll pay for it later.
What are some of the things that happen because of this. I only started running like 2 weeks ago and I do it on the street since there really isnt any where else i can.
|
|
#21
 2002-10-05, 16:04
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Endurance Training.
If you only run a few miles at a time, it probably won't hurt anything. If you run several miles at a time it will tear up your knees after awhile.
In the Marines, I'd run about 5 miles or so 3 times a week. If I ran the full idstance on pavement I could definately feel the difference at the end. Shitty shoes will mess you up on or off pavement.
I've had knee surgery, but it wasn't from running. It was an old rodeo injury that finally caught up with me. I'm still working on being able to run more than a mile at a time.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|