About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 17:58
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default im always tired

no matter how much sleep ive had, im always tired, its well, daggy.


 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 18:44
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

Maybe you need some crack. :/
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:16
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: im always tired

been there, done that. go to a sleep clinic. My exaustion was caused by not geting enough air while I slept.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:38
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
Maybe you need some crack. :/


um.... no thankyou, i appreciate the offer, but um, no, sorry.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-30, 02:03
1stMay 1stMay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

May be your over sleeping?
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 02:33
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

over sleeping can be worst than sleeping to little...if you sleep for like over 10 hours your systems slows down to much and your body cant get rid of toxins that start building up i.e. piss or a shit...and your body cant get rid of the toxins as much as they are being produced....there have been cases where people have like passed out from exhaustion or something and sleep for like 3 days then die...
 #7 
Old 2002-09-30, 04:08
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: im always tired

It's from you sleeping in the day and being awake at night.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-30, 04:28
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
been there, done that. go to a sleep clinic. My exaustion was caused by not geting enough air while I slept.


Sleep apnea.. affects a hell of a lot of people, over one million in America if the numbers I've seen are correct. I'm with Prometheus, it might be worth looking into.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-30, 18:25
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

may i dare say, "mono"
 #10 
Old 2002-10-03, 06:08
bentintwisted bentintwisted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

Get hold of some Adranafil.
2 tablets morning, 2 in the afternoon.
You'll be sweet.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-04, 22:40
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

I have Sleep Apnea. I reduced it's effects by reducing the fat percentage in my body. The alternative - was to use this machine that was prescribed for me - that consists of an air pump with a face mask. It looks like I'm wearing a jock-strap on my head when I wear it - so I don't. The obvious detriment to my sex-appeal keeps it in permanent storage.

If you snore like a bear, or your bed-partners claim that they think you are stopping your breathing, you probably have it. As others have said, a sleep test would be a good place to start.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:34
DEM DEM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

CAN YOU SAY METH EAT RIGHT WORK OUT.IF THAT DOES,NT WORK.TRY MINITHINS THE RED ONES WORK FOR ME.JUST ONE WHEN YOU WAKE UP.AND NOT THE WHITE ONES THEY SUCK.THOSE WORLD STRONGEST FAT BURNERS AT GNC ARE SOME BAD MOTHERS.THERE BETTER THAN DOPE.AND THEY DONT FUCK YOUR MIND UP.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-08, 00:30
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: im always tired

A couple years ago I was always tired and zombie-like (did not and still don't do drugs). It got to a point where I would zone-out for an entire day and not be able to remember anything that happened while I was in that state. Then it stopped when I went into high school and got no more than 3-5 hours of sleep a night for most of the first year.I'm not sure if the lack of sleep is what caused me to stop zoning-out(for the most part) but I can't think of anything else that would do it.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-08, 13:35
Tazer Daddy Tazer Daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

a home remedy for sleep apnea that worked for me is. get fit. start running and working out. you will feel better sleep better and look better. also it could be caused by too much sleep. or sleeping during the day. it is called chronic drowsiness. your body eventually gets used to being inactive and that is all it knows.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-10, 23:34
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

i also suffer from constant tiredness, but i think that i can safely say its down to; too much sleep, i more likely to not sleep than have less than 10 hours, lack of exercise and not sleeping before 3am every night.
im starting college in january, this will mean ill have access to there gym so ill prolly do some exercising and my sleep pattern will be more normal.

last year when i was at college i was lucky if i had 6 hours sleep most nights yet i felt a hell of a lot better than i do now.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-11, 16:47
Moderator
 
toronto
Default Re: im always tired

I think there's a good possibility it could be an iron defficiency. That's more common than sleep apnea and way easier to treat. Talk to a doctor.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-12, 02:35
jodathmorr jodathmorr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

Same here. I'm in high school now (junior) and most people, including my dad whos a doctor, have told me it is prolly a horomone thing. I remember I used to not be so tired when I was younger (10-13ish). It might just be a passing thing but alot of my friends have much more energy than i do. I toss and turn a lot at night. I might have that apnea thing...
 #18 
Old 2002-11-12, 07:56
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: im always tired

One thing to rememer. The normal teenage sleep cycle is from about 1am to 9 or 10am.

Because the system favors a 9 to 5 the school system (in most, not all cases) aranges it's hours around the teachers, rather than what is best for the students.

Of course this unnatural sleep cycle that is forced upon us affects students with concentration and alertness difficulties. And naturaly it affects some people harder than others.

So your being could be caused by an unnatural sleep cycle.

On that note, I would like to say that I go to college and can usualy sleep til noon. Not to rub it in or anything, I'm just saying things get better.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-12, 15:39
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

quote:
Originally posted by quandary:
no matter how much sleep ive had, im always tired, its well, daggy.




It's either three things

#1 Not enough carbs

#2 You should be on Wellbutrin - side effects nominal.

#3 Sleep - with sleeping pills, goto bed early for a week.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-13, 13:36
groundcontrol groundcontrol is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

You really should go somewhere and see about it, but if you want to take the easy way out (like me)...

Buy some yellow jackets or some other diet pill. Set the pill and a glass of water beside your bed. Set your alarm clock for 30 minutes before you usually wake up. When you wake up, pop the pill and go back to sleep. You won't even have to worry about the alarm clock waking you up. You'll wake up about 30 minutes later, ready to run a marathon.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-13, 13:37
groundcontrol groundcontrol is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

Oh yeah if you take any of these kinds of pills, make sure you have something to do for about 10 hours. It sucks to be wired with nothing to do.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-13, 18:29
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

I forget what you call it. But yeah, I have it too. Just try to excercise or something. You could have low testostrone. Just get something good to eat in your stomach and a nice coke.
 #23 
Old 2002-11-15, 20:11
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

um... no pills please...
 #24 
Old 2002-11-16, 02:03
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

i did a little experiment over this week, for 2 days i slept 8 hours exactly and for 2 days i slept till i couldnt sleep anymore.
the 2 days i slept loads i had weird ass dreams, i mean way beyond usual i think this may because my consious mind is kicking in more and allowing me to play with my dreams more? i feel more in control of them they are more 'fun' anyways i felt tired, down and not very talkative. the 2 days i slept only 8 hours i felt much better all day and was more alert. ive been told about sleep patterns working best in blocks of 4 ie 4,8,12 hours are good lengths to sleep for? this sounds lile bullshit, anyone got any input?
 #25 
Old 2002-11-16, 13:36
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: im always tired

This is all verry well but hasn't anyone considered the concept of him being DEPRESSED.
You may simply be tired because you do nothing.
The only way out of this is to think to yourself-being active makes you active/being tired makes you tired.
You are ALLWAYS in controll of your own mind
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics