About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-12, 14:15
Regular
 
Default Hobbies

Some people might say this should go into genaral but I believe hobbies are a way to improve your self when it deals with teaching yourself something like math, music, magic or a new langauge for the hell of it.

Also learning stuff such as martial arts. That kind of stuff.

So what is your self improvement hobby?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-12, 16:21
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Reiki, Qigong, Taijichuan, Neikung, Chi Nei Sang, and meditations and prayers. Also studying various philosophies from Taoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Hermetics, Qabalah and the Tree of Life, Greek and Roman mythology, religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Wicca, Druidism, Hinduism, maybe more that I can't think of, and the varied philosophies of Yoga such as Bahkti Yoga.

Oh, I forgot numerology, I Ching, geometry, and Hebrew.

[This message has been edited by CuriousMonky (edited 09-12-2002).]

Dang, and Astrology.

[This message has been edited by CuriousMonky (edited 09-12-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-09-12, 17:22
ThunderChunky ThunderChunky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Right now I'm putting together a computer so I guess its like a hobby.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-12, 17:57
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Pyrotechnic displays...
 #5 
Old 2002-09-12, 18:19
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Boxing...
 #6 
Old 2002-09-12, 23:02
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

judo, 4x4ing
 #7 
Old 2002-09-13, 01:14
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

magic (go figure), music, i wanna try cultivating shrooms
 #8 
Old 2002-09-13, 03:36
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Some martial arts and boxing, computers, mathmatics, and writing.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-13, 16:46
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Film Studies,Photography,Sound Production and Video Production.

Peace Renegade,

[This message has been edited by Renegade (edited 09-13-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-09-13, 17:50
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

As far as self improvement is concerned, the only things that I do to really improve my self are running every other morning (2 miles, more recently playing ultimate frisbee, and I read lots of books in other languages, which is really a stupid hobby, since it takes so much time, but its fun.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-14, 19:58
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
As far as self improvement is concerned, the only things that I do to really improve my self are running every other morning (2 miles, more recently playing ultimate frisbee, and I read lots of books in other languages, which is really a stupid hobby, since it takes so much time, but its fun.



YEah but some stuff does get left out in the translation, so it worth it if your a book fanatic like me. I have been trying to learn a new langauge but studies in school have taken up my time.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-15, 14:28
Raf_the_Penguin Raf_the_Penguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

one i been in and out of for the past couple years is graf, something bout running round at night outta my head on magic mushies drawing pictures everywhere appeals to me in some strange way, theres quite a bit of art in it once you get good enough to put up a decent piece n get away with it, cops n assholes are the main worry as the fines for graf are usually pretty hefty (if they catch you in the act anyway)
 #13 
Old 2002-09-19, 21:41
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Hows does pyrotechnics help me physically?
 #14 
Old 2002-09-20, 00:56
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Nitrox Scuba Diving.

 #15 
Old 2002-09-20, 01:44
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
Hows does pyrotechnics help me physically?


Drop them at your feet and run like hell.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-20, 22:26
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

How does that work Joe?
 #17 
Old 2002-09-20, 22:41
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

The deeper you dive, the more Nitrous Oxide is forced into your blood stream causing effects like laughing gas. fun if you are on land, but deep underwater it can be deadly.

Nitrox stops that from happening, so you can dive deeper.
 #18 
Old 2002-09-24, 08:55
Khaine Khaine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Hello
"I like this One.I'm an ARTIST and I'm also
a business Owner."I do Wood & Steel Carving
as will as Leather Work and Beading."And
I also do Creative Writing"(Non-Fiction,
Fiction,Poetry,and I also written 7 Plays.
"MY HOBBIES ARE MY WORK...................
 #19 
Old 2002-09-24, 15:16
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

quote:
Originally posted by Khaine:
Hello
"I like this One.I'm an ARTIST and I'm also
a business Owner."I do Wood & Steel Carving
as will as Leather Work and Beading."And
I also do Creative Writing"(Non-Fiction,
Fiction,Poetry,and I also written 7 Plays.
"MY HOBBIES ARE MY WORK...................



It is great you can earn a living from your art. Most people dont think they can do it. You are one step ahead the rest of us.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-24, 20:18
Lord Sorpington Lord Sorpington is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

Guitar, building a srt of shack in the woods out of clay and wood.
 #21 
Old 2002-09-24, 20:45
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Hobbies

I dig holes...
 #22 
Old 2002-09-25, 12:14
enterprise1701_d enterprise1701_d is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

I am one of the few support people for a medium-sized network (400 computers), so there's always something new to learn... exchange servers, proxies, etc.

So I can say that my work is my hobby... one of them. My other hobbies include writing and watching anime. (And picking up Japanese from it )

Anyone who cares, my writing stuff is up on the following website: www.maddmansrealm.com/enterprise1701_d

E
 #23 
Old 2002-09-25, 20:46
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

My foremost hobby is anything computer related. Which, by the way, is whay I do for a living. After all the crappy, menial jobs it's a nice change.
Reading is also a top hobby.

Plus I'm learning how to:
do the locksmithing thing
To speak and read German
ASP.NET
PHP

Cheers

P.S. Guess I should proof read...


[This message has been edited by Who's Your Daddy? (edited 09-25-2002).]
 #24 
Old 2002-09-26, 21:28
nw freak nw freak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

I'm with a dragonboat racing team and I play electric bass.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-27, 00:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Hobbies

What's a dragonboat?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics