About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Reinvent Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reinvent Yourself Self improvement through body modification, diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-10, 14:45
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Tai Chi

Tried it? Like it? Hate it?

The little I've tried, it seems rather fun.. leaves me full of energy..
 #2 
Old 2002-09-10, 21:44
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

It's great.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-10, 21:50
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

Move to SF and you can do it in front of the Chinese embassy.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 13:38
Regular
 
Smalltown USA
Default Re: Tai Chi

I meditate but in no particular style.Usualy I just sit and let my thoughts flow. Sometimes with music playing to prevent being distracted by noise (screaming little brother, yelling parent Etc.).
Meditating in the woods is very relaxing even if the only woods you have is a park or something. Luckily I live in Michigan and have a plethora of quiet peaceful places to go.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-02, 17:26
nw freak nw freak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

I tried it but I think I like stuff that isn't as slow.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-03, 21:04
nw freak nw freak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

I like doing it after I smoke pot though,I guess since I'm more relaxed and meditative.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-11, 01:03
VIPERX VIPERX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

its suppossed to be good exercise and there is a fighting form to it that is suppossed to be pretty good the best is tai chi chaun
 #8 
Old 2002-11-14, 20:28
Khaine Khaine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tai Chi

One of the many techniques that Bruce Lee
mastered was Tai Chi.And he even speaks of
Tai Chi in his Books.He practiced in that dicipline intel his death in 1973."So my point is-is that if Mr.Lee liked it and respected it and mastered it.Its most likely
a dicipline that we all should RESPECT.And
its one of the most Safes diciplines to learn.Just look at all them Older Folks doing it in the parks and all.So if one is to refine his or her technique,Tai Chi maybe the way to go.It can't hurt...
KHAINE



[This message has been edited by Khaine (edited 11-14-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics