About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > News of the World
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News of the World Current events discussion and links to stuff that's happening right now. Who needs CNN when you have totse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-19, 19:00
VincentVega1687 VincentVega1687 is offline
Regular
 
Default racism

You know before 9-11-01 you wouldn't give a rats ass about the arabin guy behind the 7-11 counter, but since there are a few bad arabians then you all of a sudden hate every person who is from the middle east. It sounds to me like you have an anger problem and need to lay off, I mean most of the middle easteren people who work in america are american citizens. so they have every right to live a free and safe life.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-19, 22:29
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

True statement.

Prior to 7 Dec 1941 not many people paid much attention to the Japanese.

Prior to 1 Sept 1939 not everyone paid much attention to Hitler.

Prior to 28 June 1914, no one paid much attention to Archduke Ferdinand.

The list goes on ... and the point remains the same: Some events change the course of history. And logic doesn't matter ... unfortunately.

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 04:44
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

Ok, your saying everyone is like that, please dont do that. Personally, I dont care. Im not mad at anyone, cept George W. I think people should have the right to live as they want. But you are right, most people have changed, which is really sad. But when I was in Germany I asked a few people about that and they dont care, cause they are used to foreigners, especially Turks. Now if it were a white person who had done the attacks, we wouldnt do that, its kinda strange. Ive also been watching the news and askin friends, and several people seem to think this is a "terrorist" in the sense that he is middle-eastern. We know hes a terrorist because he is causing terror. But I think he's white, dont ask me why.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-20, 21:37
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

I get tired of racism in general. It is big time in my school. Theres the group of mexicans, the group of blacks, and the white group. It really annoys me that we cant accept differences and we come up with these racial profilings such as "mexicans being gangstas" and stuff like that i say look past that and get to know a person no matter what skin color or anything like that. I know for a fact people have been acting real stupid towards arabian people ever since 9/11. If we act like that we are no better than the people that attacked USA. USA is just as bad of racism and acting against people as afghanistan or any other country. We just say we have freedom and everyones treated equally when racism here makes it where people arent treated equally. People wont hire arabian workers anymore because of racism. Same with any other kind of race. Ive seen some of my friends who are mexican not get a job just because of that. It annoys me and im tired of it. I know theres nothing we can do about it. But if you arent apart of it, it does help a little and it does give a chance for different races, religion, and traditions of all kinds of people a chance of equality.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-20, 22:15
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

quote:
Originally posted by RejectJC:
People wont hire arabian workers anymore because of racism.


Fear is not racism.

Nox
 #6 
Old 2002-10-20, 22:42
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

but we are fearing there race, just because of what we saw from 9/11. We fear someone because of there color i find that racist.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-22, 18:50
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

Reject is right. At school I fear the mexicans because of the way they look (not color)and the way they act. Its probabl because Ive almost been jumped several times by Mexicans, luckily I was fast enough to run away. Now African Americans I have NO problem with at all. Ive gone into a prett ghetto neighborhood with my black friend to buy some weed, I went, hung out, and left unscathed. I have something against Russians cause when I lived in Germany they were assholes and always wanted to fight and would jump people. I have no problem with Turks or Arabs cause well, they have never done anything to me. People ARE afraid of Arabs, well some of them. But Ive only seen it here in America, when i was in Germany they really didnt care about Arabs. I think people are afraid of a certain race when that race does something to harm them or harm others.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-30, 07:03
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: racism

>>>>but we are fearing there race, just because of what we saw from 9/11. We fear someone because of there color i find that racist.<<<<

Race isnt color...
 #9 
Old 2002-10-30, 14:26
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

Remember the most important item when dealing with races: never involve facts.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-30, 16:07
buttthrax buttthrax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

There is no reason to fear or hate the guy at 7-11. He came here because he realized his home country was bullshit. He came to America to make money and vask in freedom.

Arabs with jobs are not to be feared. Mohammed Atta did not work at 7-11. Arabs on planes are to be closely monitored.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-31, 22:38
VincentVega1687 VincentVega1687 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

well maybe you didn't know but I Live in Iowa, and we have some gas stations named Casey's, and we also have a 7-11 spin off called Kwik-Shop otherwise they are all the same everywhere, but in Iowa after 9-11-01 many arab gas station owners had their stores vandalized set on fire. just because of the color of there skin!
 #12 
Old 2002-11-03, 00:29
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: racism

And it wasn't just in Iowa that the vandalism took place. This is one reason why very early on President Bush was emphatic to point out that Americans should not randomly strike out at the Arabs among us.

I hear all this crap about the President lacking IQ. This is only one example that shows the President's detractors are wrong.

Nox
 #13 
Old 2002-11-07, 00:46
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: racism

I think maybe bush made that point so early on because of his speech writers. Hmmm...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics