About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > News of the World
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News of the World Current events discussion and links to stuff that's happening right now. Who needs CNN when you have totse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-01, 12:01
Roscoe Roscoe is offline
Regular
 
Default The Sounds of Silence

Hello Darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the Sounds of Silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
It split the night
And touched the Sound of Silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
And no one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence

"Fools!" Said I. "You do not know...
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you!
Take my arms that I might reach you!"
But my words, like silent raindrops, fell
And echoed in the Wells of Silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls,
And tenament halls."
And whispered in the Sounds of Silence...

-------

Sorry about that, I find it to the point. Most of you seem content to discuss the war abroad. There are opinions here from the far left to the far right, from the most stalwart (sp?) fighters to the most devout peaceniks. Interperet use of the song as you will (I intended the masses to be our speakers here, and those like them, and the neon god to be rebelling in the conformist way, as it were) but the rest is for those interested in stopping the war.

There is going to be a simultaneous march for peace on April 20 in both San Francisco and Washington, DC. More information can be found at http://www.iacenter.org for those interested. If anyone's from SoCal or the Central Coast, if we (4-5 people) can get a ride, we'll provide gas money and lodgings. I'm going to march against the war on terrorism abroad and the war on civil rights at home.

Who's with me?

(For those of you who read this far after I warned you back, flames appreciated, they feed my ego)
 #2 
Old 2002-04-01, 19:02
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Sounds of Silence

quote:
Originally posted by Roscoe:
Hello Darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the Sounds of Silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
It split the night
And touched the Sound of Silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
And no one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence

"Fools!" Said I. "You do not know...
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you!
Take my arms that I might reach you!"
But my words, like silent raindrops, fell
And echoed in the Wells of Silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls,
And tenament halls."
And whispered in the Sounds of Silence...

-------

Sorry about that, I find it to the point. Most of you seem content to discuss the war abroad. There are opinions here from the far left to the far right, from the most stalwart (sp?) fighters to the most devout peaceniks. Interperet use of the song as you will (I intended the masses to be our speakers here, and those like them, and the neon god to be rebelling in the conformist way, as it were) but the rest is for those interested in stopping the war.

There is going to be a simultaneous march for peace on April 20 in both San Francisco and Washington, DC. More information can be found at http://www.iacenter.org for those interested. If anyone's from SoCal or the Central Coast, if we (4-5 people) can get a ride, we'll provide gas money and lodgings. I'm going to march against the war on terrorism abroad and the war on civil rights at home.

Who's with me?

(For those of you who read this far after I warned you back, flames appreciated, they feed my ego)




ewww
 #3 
Old 2002-04-02, 04:25
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The Sounds of Silence

goat-fucker (trog), you don't need to quote the ENTIRE previous post if you are the first replier. Think, you second-rate dipshit.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics