About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:36
Basta! Basta! is offline
Regular
 
Default Online 'Zine

Greetings-

I do a 'zine online, and would like some feed back.
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/outlet/
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:55
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Online 'Zine

As far as hosting is concerned, if you ask around, there's a far better choice than angelfire. Your title page sucks. So unappealing, I wanted to leave right after I saw it.

Ask Z3m for some help, he's a graphic artist. If you give him something he likes, maybe, MAYBE he'll help you. I'm being honest dude, not sarcastic.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:51
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online 'Zine

Yeah, the title page sucks, no good has ever come when Ive gone past such pages.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-19, 18:04
Basta! Basta! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online 'Zine

Oh wow-what exactly don't you like about the cover? I've always found the Hay Market Square Affair so profound-when I made my pilgrimage to the memorial (the pic) I just gazed at it, and the quote resounds in my heart...

The content, what about the content? The cover will probably remain intact unitil I have a picture of an equally profound event.

[This message has been edited by Basta! (edited 12-19-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2003-01-05, 21:14
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Online 'Zine

Basta, it's not the PICTURE that's the problem -- it's the layout.

Also, the whole thing looks like a personal website designed in 1995, not a zine. Do you know HTML? Do you even know what a zine is?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics