About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-11, 18:58
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default go ask alice

i just read this book and its really good but i was wondering if anyone knows any websites on maybe who alice really was more info about her death at the end also what did you think of the book
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 21:54
StonedPoet StonedPoet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

Is the book named Go Ask Alice?

An author and title would help a bit.

I've never read it, I'm sure, so if it's pretty popular...*shrug*
 #3 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:22
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

its by anounoumous jefferson airplane wrote a song about it called white rabbit
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 06:21
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

I'm sure you could do a search r0k, I remember seeing a website that answered questions about drugs with the same name... I always wondered how true the book was - or more likely I wondered if anything had been added.

I loved it when I read it though... mainly because of the idea that it was a true story.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 09:59
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

actually i already looked on google
 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 19:06
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

http://www.jeffcrooke.com/archives/2002_09_22_archives.html

at least I'm not the only one who thought it sounded iffy.

you won't be able to find anything on the actual author for obvious reasons... but here is something about her physciatrist.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:15
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: go ask alice

they really should update that book. change all the drug slang. "qualludes and barbituates" to "xanax and percocets" etc. i always thought it was fake too. someone would be able to identify if it was you, like your classmates.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-22, 09:00
The pharmacist The pharmacist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

I found this book quite entertaining, yet it did nothing to keep me from trying drugs whatsoever. I believe that the tone of the message was all wrong. Was it just me or was the second half of the "book" just a wretched excuse to whine about the position Alice had boxed herself into? She had nothing but good things to say about drugs until she started facing hardships which were induced by her bad decision making, and not necessarily the drugs. Granted, this book is supposed to represent the extreme situation that some drug users end up in, I just felt that the Protagonist was naieve, and also a generic stereotype of the period in which the book or "diary" was written, leading me to believe one of two things, either Alice was fictional, or she was extremely ignorant of the situations she got into. I have to say though that as insipid as this "book" was, the acid trip scene, where they give her the LSD in the coke bottles was just fucking hillarious, if it was wrong, and against every drug covenant there is.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-24, 06:11
ScreamOfDeath ScreamOfDeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: go ask alice

Alice was not a fictional character, that specific publisher publishes journals of most likely deceased owners.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics