About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-07, 08:39
janey_rotted janey_rotted is offline
Regular
 
Default Is it possible to download books from the net

Is there a site or program I can use or go to where I can download books and that, I think that'd be sweet.

Janey_RottEd
 #2 
Old 2002-12-07, 10:41
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is it possible to download books from the net

You can download some E-books off Cnet, also try Project Gutenberg: http://promo.net/cgi-promo/pg/cat.cgi?alpha=D&ftpsite=ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/metalab.unc.edu/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/&label=author
 #3 
Old 2002-12-07, 18:44
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is it possible to download books from the net

imesh usually has a decent selection.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-07, 23:14
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Is it possible to download books from the net

This has almost any book you could want (as long as you want a book by an author that's been dead at least 50 years). http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/

These have a few. Bartleby.com has a good selection. http://www.elecbook.com/authlist.htm http://octavo.com/collections/index.html http://bartleby.com/

Those are all for older books. I guess you could find newer ones with iMesh or Kazaa.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-10, 22:08
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is it possible to download books from the net

I've found quite a few on kazaa. I also have found them through google searches.

Edit: I'm an idiot.

[This message has been edited by bunghole (edited 12-10-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics