About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-07, 00:04
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Best book for a LONG car ride

Alright, I'm going to Massachussetts soon (5 hours from where I am) and I was wondering what the best book for this long trip would be? I was just going to look through the Best Book thread but there are too many and I don't have time to look through all the books to see if I'd like them.

So what do you think? I'm not looking for some huge book, maybe 400 pages at the most. A novel, a short stories, a collection of shorts, whatever. What's the best?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-07, 00:10
linhir linhir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best book for a LONG car ride

The Trial by Kafka
 #3 
Old 2002-10-07, 04:19
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best book for a LONG car ride

yeah xenosss read 'the trial', you will be killing yourself from depression and monotony of the journey.

try 'on the road' by Jack Keuorac
 #4 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:39
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best book for a LONG car ride

The Jungle, by Upton Sinclair. Truly a wonderful, yet disturbing, work of art.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-11, 18:35
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Best book for a LONG car ride

Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't find The Jungle though. I'll check the other library.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-11, 19:17
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best book for a LONG car ride

Empire Of The Sun - JG Ballard.

A touching book on a boy living in china when war struck him and his surroundings.

Peace Reneagde,
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics