About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-10, 19:17
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Choke

Who has read it and how is it?

Please don't spoil it.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-10, 20:29
JosefMengele JosefMengele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

yes. good. chuck's storylines remind me of shamalan films.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-11, 14:47
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Choke

I personally thought it was pretty stupid, but everyone else likes it so i wouldn't listen to me.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-11, 23:18
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

What was so stupid about it?
Again please don't spoil too much.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-12, 20:36
Sweet Victory Sweet Victory is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

I have no idea what it is even about...someone care to share some info?
 #6 
Old 2002-08-13, 12:08
Cokeboy Cokeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

It's the worst Chuck Palahniuk book, but still worth reading. It's just not developed enough, the characters are a bit flimsy, and the twists and turns aren't as good as his other novels. I still enjoyed it tho!
 #7 
Old 2002-08-17, 07:58
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Choke

I can't remember too much about it, but i remember thinking much of it was to weird.
I mean what's the deal with the rocks? That whole idea just seemed so pointless and unlikely.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-23, 00:36
linhir linhir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

Choke is good, I've read all his books, Fight Club is the best, and Survivor is good too. Choke is still a good book however, and I would suggest it.

Linhir

"If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one --
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds."
-Hindu Spiritual, Bhagavad Gita
 #9 
Old 2002-08-23, 15:51
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

Choke is very good, but its not nearly as good as Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, or Survivor. Chuck's fourth book, Lullaby is coming out in the next month I believe.

 #10 
Old 2002-09-10, 19:49
EmULAter EmULAter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

I�ve read � Invisible Monsters� but I�ve never read any of his other books. Are they written in the same style? or do they have a different flare? I hate the stupid : FLASH �show me greed� FLASH � show me love� FLASH � show me whatever� style that he has.

[This message has been edited by EmULAter (edited 09-10-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-09-30, 04:23
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

Choke is a very good book, the only bad thing is his style is getting just a little old... he does the same thing but different depending on the character in every book.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-03, 23:20
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Choke

All his books seem very similar. If it were any one else, with the exception of the late Douglas Adams, that would really suck, but he's got a really great, unique style and his ideas, story lines and characters are really interesting.

I'm actually reading Choke now. It's allright so far, but his other books had far better intros.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics