About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-28, 04:06
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Aliester Crowely Book 4

Really facinating. I actually found a copy of it from 1912 before the other books were written.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-06-29, 17:52
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

Sell it to Kenneth Anger for an outrageous price and go buy that home you may have been looking at. How did you find it? I know it is none of my business so don't feel obligated to reply.
 #3 
Old 2002-06-29, 18:56
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

My father gave it to me. When I asked him where he found it he told me that he used to work for a used bookstore when he was my age at some bookstore on Haight Street and the lady who owned the place was really Christian so when she found that book she just gave it to him to get it out of the store.

There really wasn't anything that was anti-Christian in it. Or, at least, there was nothing "satanic" about it.

It was mostly about Buddhism and Hinduism. Yoga and the different levels of meditation.

Cheers,
Lost
 #4 
Old 2002-06-30, 12:11
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

It is unfortunate Crowley always crops up with the Satanic image. Great find and worth some serious cash. Personally, I would keep it but if you ever are down on your luck make sure to get a good price for it.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-04, 02:06
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

Every time I go to my library they never have any Crowley books (although there are some listed). I found a few of his books online but I want to read them all (and I have no money to buy any). If any of you know where I can download others tell me.
 #6 
Old 2002-07-15, 01:41
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

Xenosss

Just type in Crowley or OTO or any number of the links provided on these pages. You may not get everything, but you won't have to pay. Myself, I prefer Jack Parsons.
 #7 
Old 2002-07-15, 18:32
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

Jack Parsons is another occultist?
 #8 
Old 2002-07-17, 21:50
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

I think Crowley is so overrated. Any of his published shit is so redundant, cliche, and stupid.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-26, 22:33
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

Xenosss

Jack Parsons was an early American follower of Crowley. He used to head the OTO Agape Lodge in Pasadena. He and Crowley split when he and L Ron the Ass attempted to make a moonchild. There is a ton of info our there far better than I can provide. Avatar of the 11th hour has many of Parsons' writings and short blurbs-plus the given pathways to amazon.com for Jack's books-but don't buy them there. You can find other sites much cheaper but it takes some work and I can't remember where I ordered from some two years ago.
 #10 
Old 2002-07-27, 20:18
Renegadeboy Renegadeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Aliester Crowely Book 4

wat the fuck
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics