About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-09, 16:15
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Othello

Has anyone here studied Shakespeare's Othello? I have a question to put to you, but first I need to know if I'm wasting my time! Cheers.
 #2 
Old 2002-05-09, 19:21
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Othello

Oh you are wasting your time here.
Nobody ever replies to your messages.
Well not mine anyway
Beany
 #3 
Old 2002-05-09, 19:31
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Othello

Hmm. Nobody responded to my "Thing to do with Time. Volume One". OK, so it was a collection of non-sensical ramblings, but I thought someone might have taken a shine to it...:-)

Nah, I don't care if no one replies. No gain, no loss. Just wanted to incite a stimulating debate on the subject of the Bard. Stimulating indeeeeed...
 #4 
Old 2002-05-13, 18:40
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Othello

I read Othello, but a very long time ago.

What's your question?

Cheers,
Lost
 #5 
Old 2002-05-14, 16:20
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Othello

Ah, cheers for replying - I've done some work on it now, so I'm alright - I was just looking for a quick-fix answer, but evidently it's not a widely studied Shakespeare text!
 #6 
Old 2002-05-14, 17:33
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Othello

I read a complete compilation of his when I was twelve years old. (I was a strange kid.) And, may be it was because I was so young, but I've gone back over and read a few over again. But, I've just never gotten into Shakespear, like some people do.

I mean, you have to appreciate the guy. He was a fucking genius and practically created Modern English. He added over 5,000 words to the language. But, I've just never gotten much into his writting.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2002-05-18, 14:45
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Othello

quote:
Originally posted by Empireblues:
evidently it's not a widely studied Shakespeare text!



apart from Romeo and Juliet its probably (along with macbeth) one of the most widely studied shakepseare texts moron, a word of adive, dont ask for help off people you dont thin ot be intelligent

 #8 
Old 2002-05-19, 18:28
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Othello

quote:
Originally posted by DoPesTeR-DaZe:

apart from Romeo and Juliet its probably (along with macbeth) one of the most widely studied shakepseare texts moron, a word of adive, dont ask for help off people you dont thin ot be intelligent




Oh, thanks for the advice there. Mamma always said, "don't ask for help off people you dont thin ot be intelligent". And I say to you: What the fuck is that supposed to mean?..you obviously don't have a firm grasp on English language and for that reason, and many others, should not be so fucking confrontational. And it's Shakespeare not Shakepseare.

 #9 
Old 2002-05-29, 17:20
sirenoftitan sirenoftitan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Othello

i read it this fall, but it looks liek you dont need help any more
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics