About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-26, 15:30
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Kafka

I'm reading Kafkas (compilation) and I'm getting through Metamorphosis. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Kafkas writing style is facinating, but his stories drag like a 500 pound tumor.

Anyone else read any of his stuff?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-05-06, 19:22
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Kafka

I didn't think that Metamorphises dragged. I quite liked it. I think that the simplistic writing he uses to convey his meanings is a lost art.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-06, 23:49
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Kafka

Well it's like J.R.R. Tolkien said...
 #4 
Old 2002-05-07, 21:02
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Kafka

i like metamorphasis. kafkas simple methaphoric style is great.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-29, 17:22
sirenoftitan sirenoftitan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Kafka

i'm reading metamorphisis now...it's not dragging i dont' think. but i do wish i could read it in teh original language.
 #6 
Old 2002-06-25, 16:55
Buddha420 Buddha420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Kafka

I'm originally German (live in usa) and I think that Kafka is better in German, just like other major classics, because in the process of the translation much is lost. But the metamorphosis and other stories are still great.
 #7 
Old 2002-07-11, 01:21
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Kafka


I've read some of his stories. And despite continous encouragements that I recieved from people who praised him, I couldn't get passed the second story. I don't recall the name but it had something to do with a teenager who's late for work and now his boss comes to pay him a visit or something like that.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics