About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-07, 16:07
freon freon is offline
Regular
 
Default Getting things published in the UK

I'm an unemployed layabout with a tendency to write short fiction and poetry, and an ambition to complete a novel at some point. I'd like to try to make money out of my capacity for spouting worthless but entertaining textual bullshit.

Unfortunately I have the material but no idea what to do next. If anyone feels like helping a complete beginner by letting me know something about how to go about trying to get things published in periodicals and elsewhere, I'd very much appreciate it.

I'm based in the UK.

Thanks.

- Freon
 #2 
Old 2002-04-15, 19:14
Regular
 
Basking under my light bulb
Default Re: Getting things published in the UK

Hi freon
I'm trying to get into writing to.
I got some great ideas but aint to good at writing so im going on a mega reading binge.
There is a book that i think gives all kinds of places to send your stuff to get published. Its in whsmiths and good bookshops.
Its called the writers handbook or yearbook or something like that.
I may be gravely mistaken so dont get to excited
Beany
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics