About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-02, 23:29
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Sword Of Truth

Has anyone else read any of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I find these books an amazing escape from reality as well as being written very in depth, and they are just the kind of books you can get into. Might just be my opinion but, whatever.
 #2 
Old 2002-03-03, 02:41
Canadian Bacon Canadian Bacon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

It's a great series. Find yourself a copy of "Debt of Bones" (not an official part of the series. It's about a young Zedd) and check out the forum at www.terrygoodkind.com
 #3 
Old 2002-03-11, 17:10
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

Has anyone read Cock of Justice?
 #4 
Old 2002-03-11, 17:21
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

It's by Sphinct Ermuscle. It's great. It's about a boy who sets up a farm where people can have sex with animals and not be persecuted because of their beliefs. Here's a piece from his book: http://www.barnyardsex.nu/images/sample_10.gif

Here's another piece from his book: http://www.barnyardsex.nu/images/sample_02.gif
 #5 
Old 2002-03-12, 17:48
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

Personally I enjoyed the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan much more. Goodkind lost me after the third book.
 #6 
Old 2002-03-17, 21:16
ThinkingMan ThinkingMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

I would agree. I just can't stay interested in Goodkind. His world just doesn't seem real to me. I enjoy The Wheel of Time much more although the last couple of books have been letdowns. You should check out George R.R. Martin. A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords are the books out now and they are incredible. Best fantasy series I've read as far as realism goes and the characters are amazing. They all have so many facets. There are certain things about the "bad" characters that you like and the "good" characters aren't all good.
 #7 
Old 2002-03-18, 17:46
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

The ending for winter's heart was totally redeeming, I fucking flipped when I read it. It's all I talked about with my fellow nerds for a week. "He fucking did that!" "I know I can't fucking believe it!"
 #8 
Old 2002-03-20, 04:59
ThinkingMan ThinkingMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

I would agree about the ending of Winter's Heart. I e-mailed all my friends a two word e-mail. "It's clean." And yes I know I'm a geek. But I have been laid in the past year so I've got that going for me.
 #9 
Old 2002-03-20, 20:19
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

I haven't gotten laid in quite some time, but I do have a lot of pharmaceutical know how, that and I know who Sasha and John Digweed are.
 #10 
Old 2002-03-30, 22:02
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sword Of Truth

David Brin.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics