About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-17, 04:59
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Steppenwolfe

Who has read it?

Excellence. Really. It's best the second time, though, because you actually realize what going on. I mean, at first I was just sort of like

"Okay, a hermapherdiate, a homosexual jazz player, some hookers, wenches, and lots of opium, pills, and liqour... but, what really happening?" Ah, but then I realized that those people scarcely existed at all, but we're - rather - almost - a skitzophrenic episode?

O, anyways, it actually ends while he's on an opium trip and talking to Mozart. It's great.

But, I wont spoil it any further.

Anybody read Journey To The East? I'm really glad I read that first. Journey To The East was to novels what The Raven was to poetry. Amazing.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-02-18, 17:50
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

Have you read Siddhartha?
 #3 
Old 2002-02-19, 23:48
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

Yea. Actually, I read it high school to irritate a professor, believe it or not. She was flunking me in math for the second year and she was bent on making me look like a real idiot in front of the students in the class. I mean, she would get personal and way out of line. So, in turn, I decided to join the DeCathalon. Of which she was the director. But, she wouldn't let me join because she's a wench but, I read and did all the work that the DeCathalon did, came to all the meetings, etc... and come time for the finals I was the only person who knew the material. She asked me to compete in the finals. I said no.

But, I did read Siddharta (excuse the spelling, it's been a while) through all that.

It's really underrated. A lot of people find it boring. But, once you get through it you just sit there and are like "Wow."

Cheers,
Lost
 #4 
Old 2002-02-20, 17:18
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

Enlightenment can only be achieved through the self.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-25, 03:23
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

I'm just finishing Hesse's "Naricicis And Goldmund". It was nice change of pace.
 #6 
Old 2002-04-04, 05:58
bekgirl bekgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

Beneath the wheel is good too.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-17, 02:25
hepbeat hepbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Steppenwolfe

Demian was my favorite book by hesse.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics